SiouxSports.com Forum

Favre and the Vikings......

WYOBISONMAN

A lot of Sioux fans are fans of the Vikings and there is a small guy by the name of Jim Kleinsasser, perhaps you might have heard of him? He went to UND.

Exactly, good point, some people need to relax and take a breath. This is a discussion that was posted in the Community part and like you said, Kleinsasser a former Sioux football player is a star and key player on the Vikes.

My guess is this guy is a Packer fan.......

No, I have been a Viking fan since their inception. Dave Osborn played with Fran Tarkenton too, probably even a bigger role than Jimmy K. on the team, but this is not the place to talk about the Vikings unless you are totally without a life. Find another place to waste others time. Here in the MSP the coverage of this subject is overwhelmingly ridiculous. Enough already.

You don't have to click on this thread if you don' t want to.

There's nothing wrong with fellow Sioux fans discussing a little football. This is the proper venue. Are we supposed to start "www.siouxfanswholikethevikes.com" in order to avoid piquing your curiosity?

Go Vikes!

No, I have been a Viking fan since their inception. Dave Osborn played with Fran Tarkenton too, probably even a bigger role than Jimmy K. on the team, but this is not the place to talk about the Vikings unless you are totally without a life. Find another place to waste others time. Here in the MSP the coverage of this subject is overwhelmingly ridiculous. Enough already.

Dude don't read it if you don't want to. There is nothing wrong with this thread!

I got a hoot out of this line in Tom Powers column in the St. Paul Pioneer Press this morning....

His arrival also gives Vikings fans a reason to rejoice and to dream. Favre supplied plenty of entertainment in 2009. And his arrival will cause a great wailing and gnashing of teeth in Wisconsin, where the majority of Packers fans again will claim that they no longer care one whit about Brett Favre yet will wake up with tear-soaked pillows almost every morning. -- Tom Powers

The whole article is here.... My link

Yes, the coverage in the cities is a little ridiculous, but no more than the Joe Mauer went grocery shopping which I swear is breaking news everytime to some people. When a thread is a place to discuss what affects UND fans, yes this is the appropriate place....you don't like it....don't read it.

...will cause a great wailing and gnashing of teeth in Wisconsin Fargo, where the majority of Packers Bison fans again will claim that they no longer care one whit about Brett Favre the Fighting Sioux yet will wake up with tear-soaked pillows almost every morning.

Personalized for WYO and his friends down south ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Rosenfels didn't do too badly this preseason (albeit most of it against STL) but they traded him to the Giants for whatever... draft picks.

TSuck got booed at times this preseason...as he should. He was mediocre at best.

Looking purely at numbers (so it is flawed but bear with me), Rosenfels played better.

In the useless stat poll (the same one from a different source that ranked Kevin McHale as the NBA's #1 best GM a few years back), ESPN radio reported that, of all the Backup QBs in at least modern NFL history (and the commentator perhaps it was Mike&Mike or Mass of Bovines (aka Cowherd)) Rosenfels ranks #3 behind Jim Kelly's backup and the backup that played for the Dolphins in the 70s.

Worthless, but who cares.

In any case, it was clear to see that the three QBs for the Vikings are thus:

1. Favre - ESPN's God QB (until heir apparent Tim Tebow takes over for the Broncos)

2. TSuck - Chilly's boy

3. Webb - Was described by analysts as "a raw project that doesn't know up from down yet as far as the NFL is concerned"

Let's just hope Favre doesn't get injured. Well... truth is... even with Rosenfels where he should be (#2 behind Favre), it doesn't matter. If Favre goes down the season's pretty much over anyways.

Since their WR Corp is so stellar with Harvin's head hurting and Rice out with a bad hip, the Vikings also decided that paying TJ Housmenzadah $855K was too pricey. Especially for a WR that averages about 75-80 catches a year. No, he's not a #1 WR, true, but someone that would have looked good in Purple.

Will they shove their noses in the air towards Vincent Jackson too? Jackson will be unquestionably more expensive than TJ. He's a big target and a deep threat as well. Kindof intriguing.

My point is: For $855,000 and with 1 WR on the shelf and another not at 100%, what's to lose? He's not looking for 10 years $100 million.

Feel free to ignore. I don't care. I just find this amusing that's all.

Rosenfels didn't do too badly this preseason (albeit most of it against STL) but they traded him to the Giants for whatever... draft picks.

TSuck got booed at times this preseason...as he should. He was mediocre at best.

Looking purely at numbers (so it is flawed but bear with me), Rosenfels played better.

In the useless stat poll (the same one from a different source that ranked Kevin McHale as the NBA's #1 best GM a few years back), ESPN radio reported that, of all the Backup QBs in at least modern NFL history (and the commentator perhaps it was Mike&Mike or Mass of Bovines (aka Cowherd)) Rosenfels ranks #3 behind Jim Kelly's backup and the backup that played for the Dolphins in the 70s.

Worthless, but who cares.

In any case, it was clear to see that the three QBs for the Vikings are thus:

1. Favre - ESPN's God QB (until heir apparent Tim Tebow takes over for the Broncos)

2. TSuck - Chilly's boy

3. Webb - Was described by analysts as "a raw project that doesn't know up from down yet as far as the NFL is concerned"

Let's just hope Favre doesn't get injured. Well... truth is... even with Rosenfels where he should be (#2 behind Favre), it doesn't matter. If Favre goes down the season's pretty much over anyways.

Since their WR Corp is so stellar with Harvin's head hurting and Rice out with a bad hip, the Vikings also decided that paying TJ Housmenzadah $855K was too pricey. Especially for a WR that averages about 75-80 catches a year. No, he's not a #1 WR, true, but someone that would have looked good in Purple.

Will they shove their noses in the air towards Vincent Jackson too? Jackson will be unquestionably more expensive than TJ. He's a big target and a deep threat as well. Kindof intriguing.

My point is: For $855,000 and with 1 WR on the shelf and another not at 100%, what's to lose? He's not looking for 10 years $100 million.

Feel free to ignore. I don't care. I just find this amusing that's all.

Rosenfels is nothing more than a backup quarterback. He was traded for draft choices because they are a valuable trade commodity, even lower round choices. You blew any reason to look at your poll by mentioning the McHale poll, but even without that there is absolutely no way to rank backup quarterbacks throughout the years. But a poll of backups that doesn't include Steve Young might not be too credible. Favre hasn't missed a game yet, so I'm not going to get too worried until he does.

As far as the WRs go, again I don't see much of a story. You may not know it, but it's doubtful that Vincent Jackson would be allowed to play until at least game 7. Because he didn't sign before the cutdown time he isn't eligible to play for 3 weeks, plus he has a 3 game suspension to serve after that. That means the soonest he could play would be about the same time that Rice will be available if he heals on schedule. Why trade more assets, plus pay him $7 million (his expected asking price for 1 season) and then probably lose him after the season? That sounds like a bad decision to me. TJ is a possession receiver. So is Greg Camorillo, who they got in a trade recently. Camorillo hasn't dropped a pass in more than a year. You don't need 2 possession receivers fighting over the same catches. So getting TJ, and his disruptive presence, wasn't a great move for the Vikings no matter how cheap the price. Plus, Harvin is as close to 100% as he is ever going to be. His head isn't hurting him at all right now. Fighting migraines will be an ongoing challenge for him throughout his career. But until his next attack, he is the #1 target for Brett.