SiouxSports.com Forum

Favre and the Vikings......

WYOBISONMAN

The vikes NEED to get one of phili's QB's. They cannot be outbid by another team.

And yes they should get rid of chili

Agreed.

Kolb or Vick would be good in Purple.

However, New England has the draft pick the Vikings could have used.

I'm a cynic but...

who would you rather see coaching the Vikings next year among those rumored to be available?

So I was thinking today while watching ESPN and seeing that the packers safety got fined.

What happens to the money they are fined? does the NFL keep it?

How about giving that money to charity?

They do give the money to charity, I just don't remember which one or how that's decided.

• 2 weeks later...

You're dreaming.

Completely agree. Chilly fired yes! He should've gone besides Moss (although Moss at times doesn't give his all). We have a good shot at McNabb for next season if things fall out with the Redskins, even with the new contract the Redskins are only obligated to pay him something like 4 million if they release him after the season.

So little chance at Vick, I'd put my money on McNabb.

Let's just get Chilly fired and Vick in Minny wearing purple.......then we will all wake up and this nightmare will be over.

Just as long as the nightmare continues thru Sunday. Need the Pack to to win to make sure the Viking's grave is completely covered in dirt!

GO PACK GO!

Just as long as the nightmare continues thru Sunday. Need the Pack to to win to make sure the Viking's grave is completely covered in dirt!

GO PACK GO!

And it very well could, it looks like Rice is wavering on coming back this season, and that would probably drive the last nail in the coffin.

One way or the other this weekend will determine the Vikings fate for the year, if they aren't playing for their absolute lives and lose this game, then the 2010 season/Favre era/hopefully Childress era will all be over, and the Wilfs can start looking at coaches and QB's for next year. If they really are thinking about Jackson running the ship next year they should let him finish out the year so he can prove once again that he is not the answer and finally look for another long-term option.

If they do win this weekend and Rice does decide he is healthy enough to play, they would still have a shot at the playoffs, but with little margin for error.

If they do win this weekend and Rice does decide he is healthy enough to play, they would still have a shot at the playoffs, but with little margin for error.

They don't have a shot at the playoffs even if they win this weekend. They've beaten three bad teams and can't win on the road. Now they're gonna go 6-1 or 7-0 to close out the season? 0% chance that happens. I mean I guess you could say they have a 'shot', but they'd have to beat both the Giants and Eagles (on the road, in late December). They just aren't good enough offensively, defensively, or on the sideline. I'm guessing they end up 8-8 or 7-9, with the Packers going 11-5 or 10-6.

Let's just get Chilly fired and Vick in Minny wearing purple.......

My dog just shuddered at the thought of Vick playing for the Vikings. I do think the Vikes need to fire Childress, NOT resign T-Jac and also go for a second string QB.

My dog just shuddered at the thought of Vick playing for the Vikings. I do think the Vikes need to fire Childress, NOT resign T-Jac and also go for a second string QB.

Vick's come clean and has kept his nose out of trouble. His posse and former associates haven't but the league cannot tell Vick who he can and can't hang out with. As for the legal obligations, he's abided by them and has also been very up front about it.

How would Vick look in Purple? Depends. If Childress is still the head coach, he'd look terrible.

I'm still confused by McNabb was resigned by Washington even if the buyout option only costs the Redskins $3.3 million or so. I wouldn't want to play in Washington. However, they do have the excuse the Cowgirls don't: They don't have the talent and drooling NFL analysts and they don't have Jerry Jones... wait, that's a positive.

Anyways, Firing Childress is a must, but I don't think Wilf will do it until after the season, if he does at all. Why? Because of his business practices. I think Siefert was the one who penned an article on ESPN.com about how Wilf handles disputes and problems with the family business and how he's more than likely doing the same with Childress.

What does this say to me? Nothing.... YET. IF Childress starts the 2011-12 season as the Head Coach of the Vikings, then it will tell me that the Vikings are no better than the Ford-Millen led Lions.

As for T-Suck, get rid of Chilly and you get rid of T-Suck. As of right now, he's a middle of the road/kinda ok UFL QB. He'll never develop into an NFL QB.

I think the Vikings should go after any big name QB they can get... even if it is by trade. Here's an option: Trade McKinnie and a draft pick for a QB like Kolb or whoever. Then draft an OT with your first round pick, a WR with your second, a QB with the 3rd and secondary for the rest. :D

Having Childress there in the future won't make much of a difference. There are a lot of aging players in a handful of positions. Their window of opportunity was last year, and almost did it...but ultimately didn't. This year was going to be a lot tougher no matter what in comparison to last year, because the NFC North schedule is a lot tougher and teams will be gunning to beat Favre and the almost NFC Champs from last year.

At least in the near future they can look lackluster in the Golden State.

Having Childress there in the future won't make much of a difference. There are a lot of aging players in a handful of positions. Their window of opportunity was last year, and almost did it...but ultimately didn't. This year was going to be a lot tougher no matter what in comparison to last year, because the NFC North schedule is a lot tougher and teams will be gunning to beat Favre and the almost NFC Champs from last year.

At least in the near future they can look lackluster in the Golden State.

Uh....

The NFC Central isn't the weakest conference, but they're quite close. I've now watched every team in the NFC North play this season and I can truthfully say this: There's no one in the NFC North as it stands right now, that will push for the Super Bowl. There's a 75% chance that whoever wins the North will be a first round exit.

Minnesota is on the decline. Chicago is hovering on the brink with an abysmal O-line and an aging defense, Green Bay could be tough IF they could have stayed healthy (which means they have no depth), Detroit is still Detroit but not for long... this is a team on the rise....

Under Childress and led by TSuck, the Minnesota Vikings next year will be at the bottom of the league. Green Bay will be at the top. Chicago is a paper tiger and Detroit is on the rise. It could very well, next season (looking at the teams right now) be Green Bay, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota from top to bottom.

Who knows.

As for this year, who cares. GB wins tomorrow and Minnesota can pack it in.

Uh....

The NFC Central isn't the weakest conference, but they're quite close. I've now watched every team in the NFC North play this season and I can truthfully say this: There's no one in the NFC North as it stands right now, that will push for the Super Bowl. There's a 75% chance that whoever wins the North will be a first round exit.

A) What is the NFC Central and when did it become a conference?

B) If you were referring to the NFC North division, I didn't mention anything about them being the weakest division...so not sure where you get that vibe from...?

Name an NFC team better than the Green Bay Packers right now. The Falcons in their barn are about the only team I am convinced could beat the Packers, but at Lambeau I'd put my money on the Pack. The Giants have showed flashes, but ultimately I don't think they're stellar...definitely not a guarantee that they are better than the Packers. The Bears have won 7 games, but haven't beaten a single team...if you get my drift there (the teams they won against shot themselves in the foot as opposed to the Bears really "beating" them, but a win is a win). The Eagles have played great lately, but so have the Packers, and who knows how long Vick will last before getting hurt [again], or if he can even keep up this torrid pace he is on. The Packers are injured, but have navigated there way through it and are playing some pretty good ball right now. A lot of guys have healed up for the most part, and everyone has done their job that can still suit up. The Packers have three losses by a combined 9 points (two of them in OT), which is pretty solid if you ask me. They seem to have fixed those mental mistakes that costed them those three games they lost.

I am a bit nervous about the Bears. They haven't done anything spectacular like both you and I said, but they seem to have generated some confidence, and a confident team can get on a roll. The Lions are dangerous, but they are a couple years away from being a top 2 team in the Division. Look how bad the Vikings look, and look how good the Lions look (at times), yet the Vikes still have a better record...go figure.

GO PACK GO!

That was a beatdown...plain and simple. Packers are getting healthier and Minny is just a total mess. GB better win the North because I still think the Bears are a complete fraud.

That was a beatdown...plain and simple. Packers are getting healthier and Minny is just a total mess. GB better win the North because I still think the Bears are a complete fraud.

Even though it makes me puke.....I want the Packers to win. I just can't stand Cutler......he is such a crybaby.

And my god.......why does Chilly still have a job!!!

Even though it makes me puke.....I want the Packers to win. I just can't stand Cutler......he is such a crybaby.

And my god.......why does Chilly still have a job!!!

Yeah, I'm going to go for the Packers and Falcons in the NFC now, I just can't stand the phony Bears.

I'm real interested to see what's going to happen the next week with the Vikings, I think it's pretty obvious that the team has no confidence in or desire to play for Childress anymore, you don't mail in a stinker like that at home against your biggest division rival with your season on the line unless there are some real problems internally. Not saying GB isn't a good team, but c'mon 31-3 at home? They've raised the white flag.

IMO they should:

1) Bench Favre and let Jackson finish the year

2) Fire Childress or at least start quietly looking for a replacement

3) Start cashing in their war bonds to pay a proven QB in the offseason.

They still have enough skill players to make a couple playoff runs the next few years, but I'm afraid if they decide to go with any combination that includes Jackson and/or Childress the window is already shut.