SiouxSports.com Forum

Favre and the Vikings......

WYOBISONMAN

Glad Chilly is gone - now trade tjack (chilly is the only reason he was still there) the rest of the year have Favor fave mentor Web - this guy is young & very much like Vick - who I said a couple yrs ago the Vikes should have got instead of favor

http://www.vikings.com/team/roster/J...4-5adee19307a5

ziggy should hire me as team czar

:silly:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

NFC North Final Standings:

1) Chicago :angry:

2) Green Bay :blush:

3) Detroit :huh:

4) Minnesota :D

Wasn't the way I hoped the regular season would turn out for my Packers, but they're in the playoffs, so that means there's a chance. Gophers hockey fell from its high horse...as did the Vikings. Twins next? :ohmy:

Wasn't the way I hoped the regular season would turn out for my Packers, but they're in the playoffs, so that means there's a chance. Gophers hockey fell from its high horse...as did the Vikings. Twins next? :ohmy:

Packer's playoffs started last week vs NYG...4 more wins to go. GO PACK GO!

Side note...tough to see Favre finish his career as he did. Still will go down IMO as one of the top 5 QBs of all-time.

NFC North Final Standings:

1) Chicago :angry:

2) Green Bay :blush:

3) Detroit :huh:

4) Minnesota :D

Not the way I saw the division shaking out, I had it GB, Minnesota, Chicago, Detroit...what a crazy year.

Vikings didn't really do GB any favors beating Philly, I liked GB a lot more at Chicago than at Philly. Still that should be the best game of the Wild Card round, if Matthews and Company can blitz and pressure Vick like the Vikes did they could sneak one out. High-stress 3 hours coming up for Big A and Oxbow.

Not too worried about the Twins, they're the one Minnesota team who knows what they're doing.

Vikings didn't really do GB any favors beating Philly, I liked GB a lot more at Chicago than at Philly. Still that should be the best game of the Wild Card round, if Matthews and Company can blitz and pressure Vick like the Vikes did they could sneak one out. High-stress 3 hours coming up for Big A and Oxbow.

No doubt... My wife and 2 daughters are staying in MSP tonight due to bad roads on I-94 so it was just me watching the game today alone. Gona have to tone it down with the fam back for the Philly game!! GB D strength is their ability to pressure the QB and play good to great pass coverage. I like GB's chances next Sunday @ 4pm. ARog won't play like he did today. If he plays like he did last week vs. NYG, it's lights out for Philly.

No doubt... My wife and 2 daughters are staying in MSP tonight due to bad roads on I-94 so it was just me watching the game today alone. Gona have to tone it down with the fam back for the Philly game!! GB D strength is their ability to pressure the QB and play good to great pass coverage. I like GB's chances next Sunday @ 4pm. ARog won't play like he did today. If he plays like he did last week vs. NYG, it's lights out for Philly.

I was starting to wonder if they were going to piss it away, when they had to settle for the FG after that goofy fake sneak/lateral that lost 3 or 4 yards at the one I started wondering if Chicago was gonna slop out a win on a fluke play or a long field goal for the 6-3 win.

I was starting to wonder if they were going to piss it away, when they had to settle for the FG after that goofy fake sneak/lateral that lost 3 or 4 yards at the one I started wondering if Chicago was gonna slop out a win on a fluke play or a long field goal for the 6-3 win.

The fake sneak wasn't a bad call, it was just poorly executed. Jackson would have walked into the end zone if he would have had a ball he could catch clean. Doesn't matter anymore in hindsight, but you're right, it could have been a tough play to swallow had they lost. I think the play call before that was dumber. They just completely loaded up the center of the field the play the handed it to Kuhn. This also means that the Bears loaded up the box. It's just too many bodies, in my opinion, and doesn't create any opportunities for the runner to find a hole, even if the blocking is decent.

So now that we've seen how the Vikings suck without Brett just as badly as they do with him, I think it is time to stop blaming him for the horrible season. Sorry to see his career end this way. Wish they had won it all last year so he could have gone out on top, but all those fumbles in the NFC Championship game were too much to overcome. I guess the way I see it, he may have sucked at age 41 but he was still very good at age 40. Most QBs are done by 37-38 or so. I can't think of another one that was still good at 40, so all things considered I don't buy into this garbge about "tarnished legacy". Five years from now he'll be giving his indiction speech at Canton.

I think QB play in general was the reason for their terrible year. Since Favre started 14 of the 16 games, you can pin a lot of it on Favre. The Vikings have a better team (without factoring in QBs) than, say, the Colts but Manning is one of the best QBs in the league. The Vikings had a top-10 defense and a top-10 running game. Not really sure how you can say how it isn't mostly Favre's fault. Webb was pretty bad today.