SiouxSports.com Forum

COMMITTED UND Recruits

AZSIOUX

I've thought about this too. Five regular forwards for sure will be gone after this season (seniors Gaarder, MacMillan, O'Donnell, Parks, Pattyn), with a sixth (Caggiula) that could potentially leave in order to sign a free agent deal. We currently have just six committed forward recruits who would even be eligible to come in this fall (Yon, Gersich, Wilkie, Gardner, Bowen, & Cakebread), and I would say only two or three of those commits (Gersich, Wilkie, maybe Gardner) are ready to play at the NCAA level.

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out. Hopefully the potential to earn a lot of playing time helps to entice the likes of Boeser and Matthews.

I don't think Boeser and Matthews would be too worried about playing time. I don't see Matthews playing NCAA, but it would be nice.

How has Mathews looked? I haven't been able to watch him play yet.

He looks like he really hustles every time he is on the ice. Looked pretty solid defensively and on faceoffs. Had a nice goal set up by Schmaltz.  Honestly there's been some really nice passes from Schmaltz to Matthews so it looks like there is a bit of chemistry between the two. I just hope that's not wishful thinking.

@McCarthyOTB: 96 D Gabe Bast (Penticton) commits to North Dakota, has impressed me every viewing, great puck moving ability and awareness.

@CallMeGabey: Excited to announce my commitment to @UNDmhockey thanks to everyone who helped me get here. #sioux

Also

@OTBPuckWatch: 97 G Matej Tomek (@topekahockey) commits to North Dakota. Major pick-up in net. 6'3, athletic draft-eligible with huge upside from the NAHL.

@ChrisDilks: Slovak '97 goalie Matej Tomek commits to North Dakota

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/college-hockey-recruiting-ncaa/2015/1/1/7479313/matej-tomek-commits-to-north-dakota

Slovakian 1997-born goalie Matej Tomek, playing this season with the Topeka Road Runners of the NAHL has committed to play college hockey at North Dakota.

Tomek is an exceptional goalie and one of the better goalie prospects for the upcoming NHL Draft. So far this season, he leads the NAHL with a 1.42 goals against average, and is second in the league with a .940 save percentage.

Couple great pickups there!  Good recruiting day.

Wonder why Hakstol hasn't announced the Matthews/Boeser combo yet?  Probably just waiting until after USA wins gold in WJC so as not to distract Matthews.  Sounds about right.  ;)

Also good to see Rowe commit to ASU.  May see him again should ASU join the NCHC.