SiouxSports.com Forum

FSN's Frank Mazzocco out

VMeister

I just rewatched the F5 champ game yesterday and I was wondering with the tone of the third period if they already knew. Comments like "Ill be talking to you long into the summer months Muzzy." and "this has been a longer season than most for us" I thought just may have been towards a rough season but maybe just all together them being done.

An institution but Woog was starting to lose it mentally during longer games.

Good guys and Lots of memories growing up for me there. Thanks to them Both.

i've actually talked about this with some people in the last year about how wooger has lost all objectivity. he used to be a great announcer, but he has lost that, and being completely serious, i worry it may be more than just goofer homerism like mazsucko. mazsucko has always, well, sucked. he's a complete homer, and thats ok, he is what he is, that was his part of the doug and rug show. wooger usually kept him in line, and obviously brings alot of hockey knowledge with him too, and even though he also is a huge goof homer, which he has the right to be, he brought some integrety to the broadcast. has anyone else noticed the blank stares wooger gets? or how he is at a complete loss for words or thoughts once in a while? and i think it has a direct impact on his downward spiral as a legitimate broadcaster. it's too bad, because college hockey will take all the good it can get, even in goof land. i am not a neurological expert, this is all just my take on the situation... i hope i am wrong and we are not reading about wooger battling dementia or alzheimer's in a couple of years, i really hope it is just his deep hatred of the sioux taking over ;)

As much as I hate the Gophers, I never once minded listening to Doug and the Rug. Whenever you heard their voices, you knew it was something college hockey. And, as much as they were homers, they weren't afraid to dish out a little respect where it was earned.

As much as I hate the Gophers, I never once minded listening to Doug and the Rug. Whenever you heard their voices, you knew it was something college hockey. And, as much as they were homers, they weren't afraid to dish out a little respect where it was earned.

they were fun. doug was really stumbling words and going off into woogland more and more the last 2 years so hope he is ok physically. lapanta will need some time to be good as hes ok and please NO gorg. keep him in the studio if need be and not in the press box calling games. i enjoyed them and hope frank lands somewhere if he wants to stay in the game

they were fun. doug was really stumbling words and going off into woogland more and more the last 2 years so hope he is ok physically. lapanta will need some time to be good as hes ok and please NO gorg. keep him in the studio if need be and not in the press box calling games. i enjoyed them and hope frank lands somewhere if he wants to stay in the game

Maybe he's going to take Sweeney's job on FSSN

;)

(That might not be a bad thing)