SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Bracket Challenge

jimdahl

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have Wisconsin, Denver, Bemidji and North Dakota. The Sioux beat the Badgers for the Championship.

That is also what I put down. I am pretty confident in UW and DU making it. BSU over Miami and UND over BC were tough picks but I had to go with the local teams. Would love to see a UND/BSU matchup in Detroit! If the guys can keep up the play they have had these last few weeks, there is no reason we shouldn't be hanging another banner.

My picks for the Shiverin' 16:

Wisconsin to beat Vermont

Northern Michigan to beat St. Cloud.

Northern Michigan to win West.

Denver to beat RIT.

Cornell to beat UNH.

Cornell to win East.

BC to beat Nanooks.

UND to beat Yale.

UND to win Northeast.

Miami to beat UAH.

Michigan to beat Bemidji.

Miami to win Midwest.

In the Frozen 4:

UND to beat Miami.

Cornell to beat NMU.

UND to win #8.

Go get 'em, Sioux!

I predict the only WCHA teams to make it to the Frozen Four are North Dakota and Denver. The other two teams will be Northern Michigan, :D , and Miami. Northern Michigan makes it to the final two and the Sioux kick their azzes for #8.

I've been paying heed to my sick Michigan patients. :D I admit I've got a horrible head cold, too. My cognitive processes are clogged with snot!! :lol:

Distribution of picks to date

Big love for UND, no surprise.

Somewhat surprisingly, Sioux fans have slightly less faith in the Beavers than KRACH.

No faith in UNH.

Michigan tore up the CCHA tourney and Ft. Wayne is a lot closer to Ann Arbor than Bemidji. I would like to see them win, but do not find it likely.

My picks:

Northern Michigan to beat St. Cloud -= this is the most surprising, how can anyone pick St. Cloud?

Wisconsin to win West in the easiest bracket IMO.

Denver to beat RIT.

Cornell to beat UNH.

Denver to win East. - Another relatively easy bracket for Denver. Even with their bad play they should easily beat RIT and Cornell. The Sioux kept Cornell to around 15 shots both times they played. A hot goalie is Cornell's only chance.

BC to beat Nanooks.

UND to beat Yale.

UND to win Northeast. - A homer pick, but UND is obviously playing well. My head says to pick BC, but I am going with the heart.

Miami to beat UAH.

Michigan to win Midwest. - Tradition, experience and a hot team win.

In the Frozen 4:

UND to beat Michigan

Wisconsin to beat Denver.

UND to win #8 and we here whining about three WCHA teams in the frozen four for the next 12 months from the rest of the country.

Distribution of picks to date

Big love for UND, no surprise.

Somewhat surprisingly, Sioux fans have slightly less faith in the Beavers than KRACH.

No faith in UNH.

Michigan tore up the CCHA tourney and Ft. Wayne is a lot closer to Ann Arbor than Bemidji. I would like to see them win, but do not find it likely.

My picks:

Northern Michigan to beat St. Cloud -= this is the most surprising, how can anyone pick St. Cloud?

Wisconsin to win West in the easiest bracket IMO.

Denver to beat RIT.

Cornell to beat UNH.

Denver to win East. - Another relatively easy bracket for Denver. Even with their bad play they should easily beat RIT and Cornell. The Sioux kept Cornell to around 15 shots both times they played. A hot goalie is Cornell's only chance.

BC to beat Nanooks.

UND to beat Yale.

UND to win Northeast. - A homer pick, but UND is obviously playing well. My head says to pick BC, but I am going with the heart.

Miami to beat UAH.

Michigan to win Midwest. - Tradition, experience and a hot team win.

In the Frozen 4:

UND to beat Michigan

Wisconsin to beat Denver.

UND to win #8 and we here whining about three WCHA teams in the frozen four for the next 12 months from the rest of the country.

Sounds good to me. If other teams don't want 3/4 teams in the F4 to be from the WCHA, here's a plan....

Field a better team and beat us! Until then, quit you're b****ing. If that happens of course :D

My picks for the Shiverin' 16:

Northern Michigan to beat St. Cloud.

Northern Michigan to win West.

Denver to beat RIT.

Cornell to beat UNH.

Cornell to win East.

BC to beat Nanooks.

UND to beat Yale.

UND to win Northeast.

Miami to beat UAH.

Miami to win Midwest.

In the Frozen 4:

UND to beat Miami.

Cornell to beat NMU.

UND to win #8.

Go get 'em, Sioux!

Did I show you my bracket by chance?? To Funnny but the only different GAME we have is I have Wisco over NM

I set up a bracket challenge on BracketMaker if any of you would like to join another one! There's quite a few people signed up already :D

http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=356688&tclass=

*Deadline for picks is Friday, March 26 at 12pm Central time*

*Game times are in Central time*

I went a different way in this bracket challenge.

Picked Wisconsin, Denver, Miami and UND in the Frozen Four, the Sioux to win it all. I did St. Cloud the favor of picking them to win their first NCAA game and went with the friendly Beavers to beat the harmless Wolverines in first round of their regional. I'm all done giving props.

As the picks are about to close...

A comparison of Sioux fans' picks vs. KRACH probabilities

The biggest takeaways, one of which I mentioned above:

[*]99.4% of Sioux fans pick UND to beat Yale, a figure 26% higher than KRACH. Lest one conclude that all Sioux fans are always homers, only 65% picked UND to beat UNH last year, despite KRACH calling it a draw.

[*]The biggest difference between Sioux fans

If Taz boy is right and RIT win again today, I vote that this man become Honorary Bracket champion for the East regional...

Afterwatching the East regional live yesterday, I am happy for RIT fans... They are some great fans and really know how to get behind their team...

Esox

Fight on Fighitng Sioux, Ride the Pony to Denver....