SiouxSports.com Forum

WCHA Final 5 thoughts

AZSIOUX

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enough about the series last weekend, let's get excited about 3 games this weekend. We may even, arguably, be considered the home team this weekend!

My Predictions

Thursday: UND 6 Duluth 2

Friday: SCSU 5 Wisco 4

UND 3 Denver 2 OT

Saturday: Denver 4 Wisco 2

UND 3 SCSU 0

:glare::ohmy::D:lol:

Of course I am a little bias toward my beloved Sioux

Cannot wait to get to the X and see the best college hockey in the nation this weekend - Can work go any faster?

... and Baby Lucia hacked at a fan with his stick in the tunnel after the game eh?

I have it from an impecable source that such an event occurred.

The fan was not hit, but someone else was.

The stick ended up in more than one piece.

SURE! Try the handy dandy SiouxSports.com Forum under the Tickets wanted / for sale topic (and avoid the psychotic babysitter killers in the Twin Cities -- Google it):

Better yet - buy them from a Sioux Fan (me) so you can sit next to someone on the same "team". I have 2 Club Level tickets for less than face value ($150 ea) sec C12 Row 4 for all five games. Also have a two-bed room at the Holiday Inn across from the X for all three nights at actual value =$530 total.

Too bad about Frattin - but I agree... we will 4-3 instead of 5-3. Plus , as mentioned by someone else, he is fresh for Denver.

Anyone going to Wylde Tymes on Thursday? If so, what would be a good time to head there? Hopefully we beat the Bulldogs so we can get a crack at Denver. No offense to UMD, but it would be nice to play a team like Denver prior to the NCAA's since they are a team that is capable of winning it all. As well as UND has been playing, I would like to see how we stack up against a contender as we head to the National Tournament.

I'm sick and tired of talking about the Gopher series and the Frattin hit. This just serves to extend the Gophers season and relevance. They are DONE! Lets quit talking about them.

This is me right now: I've had it with this M#%!^&^ gopher talk on this moth$&*!@$*&% board! (TV edit)

For our Duluth fan friends on this board: how is your squad looking? I haven't seen them since the sweep in GF, and they were handled by UND quite nicely.

What are your thoughts on the game? Will it be better than the weekend at the Ralph? How is Hjelle looking? Will he be the starter or the other guy?

that will be great even from the tv viewing :glare: hakstol just keeps ending the gophers season which is pretty sweet as its becoming a nice trend :ohmy:

i was messing with the pairwise predictor and duluth really needs this game vs the sioux. in a few ways i messed with it it had duluth dropping to 15th which would be season over for them if so. huge game overall but very huge for UMD

I've been playing with the PWR calculator, and I can get UMD up to 13th without winning the Play-in Game. A Vermont upset or two would really help our chances.

As for Thursday night's contest, I'll say 3-2 UMD in overtime.

Is it Thursday yet?

Does anyone know the policy at the X of signs and flags?....i can't remember from the past what they allowed me to bring in

I know we got hassled for a 3'x5' flag last year by a powertripping security guard. We got it in fine (they even had us show it to them) and no one said anything except for the 1 guy in the concourse.

these USCHO stats say he has 0 PIMs...crazy

http://www.uscho.com/stats/team-overall.ph...d/gender,m.html

I don't use uscho for stats b/c I don't think they are accurate. Even when my job required me to need to find hockey statistics, i used collegehockeystats as all that site is is statistics, whereas uscho has other features.

I know we got hassled for a 3'x5' flag last year by a powertripping security guard. We got it in fine (they even had us show it to them) and no one said anything except for the 1 guy in the concourse.

I tried a few years ago to bring a Sioux flag inot the game on a pole (not a very big one) and they took the pole away from me but let me bring the flag in. Here is the link to the excel website guest services. It does not say anything about bringing a flag in on a pole, but if it's a gopher security person working.....you won't be getting either in!! :glare:

http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/arena/GuestServices.jsp

I tried a few years ago to bring a Sioux flag inot the game on a pole (not a very big one) and they took the pole away from me but let me bring the flag in. Here is the link to the excel website guest services. It does not say anything about bringing a flag in on a pole, but if it's a gopher security person working.....you won't be getting either in!! :glare:

http://www.xcelenergycenter.com/arena/GuestServices.jsp

We tried bringing in little flags on 1/4 inch wide poles and they had us take the flags off the poles. They said they were worried about the poles being used as weapons.