SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ CC

AZSIOUX

Did anyone else read Teresa Spisak's latest pile of crap on USCHO yet? Her article is about head injuries, and says that Corban Knight elbowed Connolly in the head and gave him a black eye when his head hit the glass "even though the video replay didn't clearly show it". :silly:

Wow....what video was she looking at? Nice speculation...that video showed nothing of the sort. And as I stated in another thread, his black eye could have come anytime. There's no way she could prove that it came from that check.

That really pi$$es me off. I'm not a member over there (after getting booted years ago), or I would have let her have it...so hopefully one of you that is on USCHO will take care of it...What a crock! :D

I try to avoid her articles. You could go to any local elementary school and find many a kid that had more hockey knowledge than her.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice use of the word APPARENTLY in the text of the article. She's not saying that it for sure happened that way. She's saying there's "talk" that that is how it happened. I don't understand why you're so angry about what the article said. She said the video wasn't clear. What are you expecting her to say? That it obviously didn't happen? Video was inconclusive, so she's just stating what has been speculated, and I see nothing wrong with that and I don't know why anyone else would be angry about what she said.

Since there is no evidence in the video that shows that it did happen, I would expect her to say nothing. It sounds like a gossip column and she's spreading rumors because someone else said it happened... So you think that its alright because she prefaces it by saying that there's "talk" that that's how it happened? :silly: That's BS....pure speculation, and the video evidence contradicts the "implied" accusation.

Did anyone else read Teresa Spisak's latest pile of crap on USCHO yet? Her article is about head injuries, and says that Corban Knight elbowed Connolly in the head and gave him a black eye when his head hit the glass "even though the video replay didn't clearly show it". :silly:

Wow....what video was she looking at? Nice speculation...that video showed nothing of the sort. And as I stated in another thread, his black eye could have come anytime. There's no way she could prove that it came from that check.

That really pi$$es me off. I'm not a member over there (after getting booted years ago), or I would have let her have it...so hopefully one of you that is on USCHO will take care of it...What a crock! :D

Then hopefully you didn't listen to Kevin Gorg on KFAN last night about 5:30 or so. Made some nice comments about the "cheap shot" (and he really emphasized that) that Knight put on Connolly - then gave the old "surprise, surprise" comment that it came from a ND player. I'd be willing to bet that he hasn't seen any video footage of the hit, either.

I try to avoid her articles. You could go to any local elementary school and find many a kid that had more hockey knowledge than her.

I used to enjoy reading the articles when the guy the past few years wrote them. Now it is just a bunch of information that we already know and it doesn't have a different twist or side of explaining anything. Why waste the space noting who the players of the week were? An update each week of the teams coming into the WCHA? Matchups by the numbers? These are all things that we already can find out on our own. The other guy used to get more inside information and gave more insight on issues.

Then hopefully you didn't listen to Kevin Gorg on KFAN last night about 5:30 or so. Made some nice comments about the "cheap shot" (and he really emphasized that) that Knight put on Connolly - then gave the old "surprise, surprise" comment that it came from a ND player. I'd be willing to bet that he hasn't seen any video footage of the hit, either.

Yeah, he could be doing video review when he's having his frickin eyebrows done. :silly:

I heard that as well, and I'm guessing he hasn't seen the video. That said, I doubt his opinion would change even if he saw it because that's just how MN fans are when they hear of anything involving the Sioux.

He sure does love the Boogie man and Clutterbuck when it comes to the Wild, though. :silly:

I heard that as well, and I'm guessing he hasn't seen the video. That said, I doubt his opinion would change even if he saw it because that's just how MN fans are when they hear of anything involving the Sioux.

He sure does love the Boogie man and Clutterbuck when it comes to the Wild, though. :silly:

I like how Clutterbuck plays. Hard but clean.

Since there is no evidence in the video that shows that it did happen, I would expect her to say nothing. It sounds like a gossip column and she's spreading rumors because someone else said it happened... So you think that its alright because she prefaces it by saying that there's "talk" that that's how it happened? :silly: That's BS....pure speculation, and the video evidence contradicts the "implied" accusation.

I don't have a problem with her telling people what is going on. Duluth reported it was an elbow also, so she's just repeating what was said. Video is inconclusive. I don't particularly think much of her column, but I just don't feel the need to freak out about this since it was already reported by the Duluth beat writer to be an elbow, so if we're going to be angry about this column, we should probably be angry at someone else as well.

I don't have a problem with her telling people what is going on. Duluth reported it was an elbow also, so she's just repeating what was said. Video is inconclusive. I don't particularly think much of her column, but I just don't feel the need to freak out about this since it was already reported by the Duluth beat writer to be an elbow, so if we're going to be angry about this column, we should probably be angry at someone else as well.

I disagree. The video is clear. Knights hands are clearly down before the hit and after it. He's wearing white which would show up if his arms were up.

The Duluth players didn't react to the hit as if it was a dirty hit at the time.

When was this on? I am interested in hearing this. Which pod cast is it? Is this on the PA show or another KFAN show?

The Duluth Hit Horse is dead. It's game night in the WCHA.

This series is going to have a playoff atmosphere. The Tigers will be playing like caged Tigers. Their recent history of fading at the end of the season and missing the NCAA's will be haunting them. Once again, they are on the bubble. A review of their record shows that, but for the bad games last weekend against a solid Gopher team playing with their own backs to the wall, the Tigers have been pretty solid all year long, and they have played to top WCHA teams very tightly.

Their roster, as always, has some familiar names and nemesises. They will be playing on their familiar big ice sheet, in their barn, in the mile high air, and with their backs to the wall. The Sioux will need every bit of their conditioning, and all of their four lines, to hold up in the thin air through six periods. No stupid penalties. Finish hits hard and clean. Run the forecheck with frenzy. Score first. Score often. Score as many, or more goals, as the Tigers. Get out of there with two, or three points.

The team that comes out on the short end of this series is gonna have a tough row to hoe from here on in if they find themselves on the road in the first round.

When was this on? I am interested in hearing this. Which pod cast is it? Is this on the PA show or another KFAN show?

I would guess if it was 5:30 it would be on the Barreiro podcast. How does gravy fingers Gorg make it in that business? The guy is the biggest cementhead on television. He is the reason I quit watching the Wild.

I would guess if it was 5:30 it would be on the Barreiro podcast. How does gravy fingers Gorg make it in that business? The guy is the biggest cementhead on television. He is the reason I quit watching the Wild.

I am scanning the audio from the Dan B show Kevin hosted but haven't found it yet. I will keep listening.

Notice use of the word APPARENTLY in the text of the article. She's not saying that it for sure happened that way. She's saying there's "talk" that that is how it happened. I don't understand why you're so angry about what the article said. She said the video wasn't clear. What are you expecting her to say? That it obviously didn't happen? Video was inconclusive, so she's just stating what has been speculated, and I see nothing wrong with that and I don't know why anyone else would be angry about what she said.

APPARENTLY, connolly was also hung by a flagpole by his underwear after the game...or so i assume.

i said apparently so nobody can say this isn't great reporting.

APPARENTLY, connolly was also hung by a flagpole by his underwear after the game...or so i assume.

i said apparently so nobody can say this isn't great reporting.

In viewing the tape at least 30 times on Youtube and on my TV, each time there was no elbow to Connolly's head, yet there are people all over the college hockey world saying it was a hit to the head. I don't know? I guess when people see the Sioux it's distorts their perspective. Since UND is a bunch of goons and hacks and runs up and down the ice taking liberites on the oppostion players. Yet we don't have a player that has taken out two Hobey Baker Candidates and potential All-Americans. This is the same hack that has only 5 goals.

Inconclusive? There is nowhere in that video where Knight elbows him in the head. The video is pretty clear. She should see that if she has actually looked at it. She also just assumes that he got a black eye because of it, because someone said it was so. The Duluth players didn't act like it was a cheap shot, and Sandelin certainly didn't either. Just because Pate, or whoever the beat writer is, said it was a cheap shot doesn't make it one. Now Knight is going to be getting called everytime he so much as looks at somebody wrong, which is totally bunk.

Inconclusive? There is nowhere in that video where Knight elbows him in the head. The video is pretty clear. She should see that if she has actually looked at it. She also just assumes that he got a black eye because of it, because someone said it was so. The Duluth players didn't act like it was a cheap shot, and Sandelin certainly didn't either. Just because Pate, or whoever the beat writer is, said it was a cheap shot doesn't make it one. Now Knight is going to be getting called everytime he so much as looks at somebody wrong, which is totally bunk.

Gee I'm sorry I don't have perfect vision like the rest of you. I couldn't tell anything since the video was far away. I don't have good eyesight, so I'm sorry if I find the video inconclusive because I can't tell. I don't see an elbow, but that doesn't mean someone else might see it differently since the video of the hit isn't good. I didn't say it was a cheap shot. I said she is just repeating what has already been said, and I don't have a problem with someone repeating what someone has said. I'm not going to overreact over a bout of poor journalism.

Gee I'm sorry I don't have perfect vision like the rest of you. I couldn't tell anything since the video was far away. I don't have good eyesight, so I'm sorry if I find the video inconclusive because I can't tell. I don't see an elbow, but that doesn't mean someone else might see it differently since the video of the hit isn't good. I didn't say it was a cheap shot. I said she is just repeating what has already been said, and I don't have a problem with someone repeating what someone has said. I'm not going to overreact over a bout of poor journalism.

You have to look for certain things then it's pretty clear. As Knight approaches him you can see his hands down low. As the bodies separate after the hit again you can see his hands and they are low. In the 30 frame per seconds world there's no way for his hands to come up and be back down. Also when you think about it the white jersey of Knight would be very obvious against a Duluth uniform or helmet.

And yes, I blame someone for repeating something that is obviously a lie when anyone can look at the video and see that it was NOT an elbow to the head.

Thanks for the preview Dave. It's game night!! While others are obviously free to continue discussing the Knight matter,

it is and always has been a non-issue to me because it did not happen. The league office must feel the same way as no discipline for the solid, but fair, hit has been handed down. Same with Sandelin. No gripes out of him as best I can tell.

This will be a great series. One thing, and my memory is bad. I do not recall CC being a West finalist last year. Wasn't that game between the Dogz and the RedHawks in The John? I thought that CC missed the tourney altogether. I could, of course, well be wrong.

See you around the arenas. Go Sioux.