SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Season

UND Fan

It is interesting to see that Seth Nichols won the Offensive Scout Team Award and Lundeen the Defensive Award. You didn't hear too much about them (especially Lundeen) during the year. It would be great if Lundeen was a contributor next fall.

Offensive scout: Seth Nichols

Defensive scout: Brock Lundeen

Offensive lineman: Kyle Bondy

Offensive back: Mitch Sutton

Receiver: Ryan Konrath

Defensive lineman: Ty Boyle

Linebacker: Curtis Dublanko

Defensive back: Joel Schwenzfeier

Most improved: Dublanko

Special teams player: Brandon Hellevang

Offensive player: Sutton

Defensive player: Dublanko

Ira Frendberg: Konrath

Dan Martinsen-Kremeier captain award: Andrew Miller,Marcus Tibesar, Ryan Kasowski, Jake Landry

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is interesting to see that Seth Nichols won the Offensive Scout Team Award and Lundeen the Defensive Award. You didn't hear too much about them (especially Lundeen) during the year. It would be great if Lundeen was a contributor next fall.

Dan Martinsen-Kremeier captain award: Andrew Miller,Marcus Tibesar, Ryan Kasowski, Jake Landry

With the graduation of Gottbeheat, Nolte and Farstveet, depth at defensive end behind starters Bellmore and Brenneman appears to be lacking, so I fully expect Lundeen, Stanchik and/or Cole to see playing time next year.

Sutton and Dublanko kind of took most of the honors?

• 1 month later...
Any word on our 11th game??

No. Mussman said on last week's coach's show that in the unlikely event that an 11th game materializes, it would probably be an away game with an FCS opponent as the first part of a home-and-home in order to get an FCS home game in 2011.

Per an email sent out by Coach Mussman earlier today (paraphrasing with my own comments):

--The offensive staff visited Indiana to get information on how they run the "Pistol" and also their "No-Huddle" offense. Cincinnati, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, and Villanova were also there.

--Also, Coach Mussman is getting back into the offense, don't know to what extent but he will be involved more now. These changes to the offense will be very welcome as it will help get the excitement back for the fans. With the receivers we have coming in this should be fun to watch!

--The defensive staff had a shakeup. Mike Mannausau is back in charge of calling the plays and forming the game plan. They are getting back to the true "3-4" defense that has worked so well for the last 21 years. No more of the hybrid 3-4, 4-3 or whatever that was the last two years. Personally I cannot wait to see the true 3-4 defense run again and I am sure the players are looking forward to it too. The move to putting Mike in charge was the right move also since he is a 3-4 guy and knows how to run it the right way.

--The defensive staff went to the experts to get the 3-4 back on track. They went down to Southern Illinois for a couple days to go over some ideas with them. Tim Tibesar was also in on these meetings or at another time, don't know when exactly.

Sping Ball begins Monday with a high temp of 56! A welcome change. :D

Per an email sent out by Coach Mussman earlier today (paraphrasing with my own comments):

--The offensive staff visited Indiana to get information on how they run the "Pistol" and also their "No-Huddle" offense. Cincinnati, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, and Villanova were also there.

--Also, Coach Mussman is getting back into the offense, don't know to what extent but he will be involved more now. These changes to the offense will be very welcome as it will help get the excitement back for the fans. With the receivers we have coming in this should be fun to watch!

--The defensive staff had a shakeup. Mike Mannausau is back in charge of calling the plays and forming the game plan. They are getting back to the true "3-4" defense that has worked so well for the last 21 years. No more of the hybrid 3-4, 4-3 or whatever that was the last two years. Personally I cannot wait to see the true 3-4 defense run again and I am sure the players are looking forward to it too. The move to putting Mike in charge was the right move also since he is a 3-4 guy and knows how to run it the right way.

--The defensive staff went to the experts to get the 3-4 back on track. They went down to Southern Illinois for a couple days to go over some ideas with them. Tim Tibesar was also in on these meetings or at another time, don't know when exactly.

Sping Ball begins Monday with a high temp of 56! A welcome change. :D

That's some very encouraging news. I think Mussman can add a lot to the offense, and I'm excited about getting back to more of a pure 3-4 defense, and to have somebody well-versed in it calling the shots.

• 3 weeks later...
Mussman just said on WDAY that they look to be adding a road game for this season and get a return game in 2011 or 2012 I believe. SDSU??

I'll guess SDSU too, given all the "clues".

Seems even more likely now with the UND-ndsu negotiations at a stalemate, and with USD-ndsu having already been scheduled. It would make sense anyways.

Seems even more likely now with the UND-ndsu negotiations at a stalemate, and with USD-ndsu having already been scheduled. It would make sense anyways.

Thats my thoughts as well. Just looking at SDSU's schedule for last year they could really use another home game. It would be a nice get for UND as well as it will be a nice boost for local recruiting to go beat the most successful 1AA team in the region.

Both UND and SDSU have November 20th open. Not the best time to have a game in Brookings but it will work.

Their schedule is brutal early @Delaware, @Nebraska, @UNI, @SIU. They may be lucky to be 3-4 after the Youngstown game.

Well, that's positive news that we should be getting an 11th game. Must be at least a reputable FCS team if we're traveling first and getting a return game. If it is SDSU, that would be great! Actually looks like a pretty good schedule - with the exception of the DII team. Really looking forward to next year!

It's official. UND has signed a home and home with SDSU for Nov. 20, 2010, at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium in Brookings, S.D.

The Jackrabbits will make a return trip to Grand Forks, N.D., on Sept. 7, 2013.

Wish they were returning in 2011 instead, but oh well.

Nice addition to the schedule for an 11th game.

Our 2010 schedule just got that much harder.

DEFINITE road-trip to Brookings this fall!

EDIT: UND-1 beat me to it.

It's official. UND has signed a home and home with SDSU for Nov. 20, 2010, at Coughlin-Alumni Stadium in Brookings, S.D.

The Jackrabbits will make a return trip to Grand Forks, N.D., on Sept. 7, 2013.

Wish they were returning in 2011 instead, but oh well.

Nice addition to the schedule.

Our 2010 schedule just got that much harder.

North Dakota adds South Dakota State to 2010 football schedule

UND adds SDSU

GRAND FORKS, N.D.

We start the year at Idaho and at Northern Illinois. Two FBS teams that played in bowl games last year.

Next, lets take a look at the final 3 games of the year:

Home vs. UC-Davis

At Montana

At SDSU

This is one hell of a schedule. I cannot imagine any FCS team having a tougher road schedule than this.

Very excited for this game. When I was looking at schedules way back when, I was really hoping this would happen. SDSU is a very good team, and it will be a tough game. I can't believe the road schedule this year. Idaho, N Illinois, Montana, SDSU, Poly and USD. That's pretty tough.....

It's fabulous to see a longtime foe on the football schedule again. What is also interesting is that NDSU and USD have a game scheduled this fall. This is the way a number of people thought it might play out with the UND-SDSU and USD-NDSU games being played before the instrastate games respectively in the two Dakotas. The Jacks are a most worthy opponent and it will be interesting to see how things play out this year. It's a tough road schedule, two FBS bowl teams among them in Idaho and Northern Illinois. Should be a good season for the fans regardless what happens. Go Sioux.