SiouxSports.com Forum

2010 Season

UND Fan

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Any chance the North Dakota ABC network stations would live telecast either the Idaho or Northern Illinois football games with the Sioux, or both?

MAC soon could have a BCS representative - www.daily-chronicle.com

NIU athletic director Jeff Compher said NIU tried to reach an agreement to televise its Sept. 11 home opener against North Dakota on Comcast SportsNet Chicago, but that there was a scheduling conflict.

The Sioux - Vandal game will be broadcast on Altitude TV (Denver based sports network). I know it is channel 681 if you have the Sports Pack on Direct TV. I think it is also on the Dish Network but don't know the channel as I have Direct TV.

Here is a link to the schedule for Altitude showing the game on opening Thursday night.

http://altitude.tv/WhatsOn/default.aspx

The Sioux - Vandal game will be broadcast on Altitude TV (Denver based sports network). I know it is channel 681 if you have the Sports Pack on Direct TV. I think it is also on the Dish Network but don't know the channel as I have Direct TV.

Here is a link to the schedule for Altitude showing the game on opening Thursday night.

http://altitude.tv/WhatsOn/default.aspx

Thanks for the heads up! That brings the number of TV games for North Dakota to 5.......................

What are the five games?

Sept. 2 - UND at Idaho

Sept. 25 - Northwestern State at UND

Oct. 9 - Southern Utah at UND

Nov. 6 - UC Davis at UND

Nov. 13 - UND at Montana

I would think that Midco would be working with both USD and SDSU games as regional broadcasts. So, I think that 7 games might be possible.

What are the five games?

Sept. 2 - UND at Idaho

Sept. 25 - Northwestern State at UND

Oct. 9 - Southern Utah at UND

Nov. 6 - UC Davis at UND

Nov. 13 - UND at Montana

I would think that Midco would be working with both USD and SDSU games as regional broadcasts. So, I think that 7 games might be possible.

You are correct on all of your assumptions............. :ohmy:

USD hasn't released their TV schedule yet, but their last two home games with North Dakota were televised on Midco.

SDSU has a poor track record regarding television...........but their new A.D. may have different ideas than his predecessor.

I'm confident that at least one of the games in South Dakota will be televised.............

New roster has been posted.

Although we won't know until later this week, it appears that everyone the coaching staff expected to return this fall is doing so.

Looking at some of the weights is interesting. For the veterans, I assume they use players' weights from last spring while all the newcomers are listed at their recruited weights. A few of the OL gained a some pounds (Queoff 16, Schroyer 18, McKendry and DeNeui 20). I was surprised that McGurran didn't gain some weight. Others who I expected to gain more: Kleason no change, Quesenberry -3, Nelson 8, Hoerchner 5). A couple of the bigger kids lost a few pounds (Gillson 11 to 213, Lynch 13 to 291) - probably a good thing! Overall, the OL appears to be remain undersized - but that doesn't mean that they won't get the job done!

Three of redshirt linebackers made some nice gains: Andrews 18, Finley 16, Bennett 11.

I would guess that the roster weights will be revised with updated info from the fall camp weigh-ins.

Also interesting that Nick Long has moved from TE to WR. For a kid, 6'4", 245, he must have some speed to be moved to the outside.