SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. BADgers: Round 2

Sioux_Yeah_Yeah

That said, I think it's time that Genoway gives it the old college try (no pun intended). Pop an aspirin or two and suit up. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Wow. I agree with "Team First," but when recovering from a concussion, "Team" doesn't really matter until you can take care of yourself. You're basically saying that Chay should forgo his personal safety, which could result in lifelong effects, for the Team? Completely disagree. I want to see Chay back as soon as possible, but if he's not able to make it back this year, but does make it back next year, regardless of the team he's playing for, and he's healthy, I'd much rather see that. The kid appears to be having difficulty keeping his head clear and you want him to give it the "old college try?"

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody happen to know what LaPoints + - is this year? Not all Goalie issues.

Don't let RedWing hear you say that. He will start into a rambling dissertation about how now one knows what they are talking about and probably figure out a way to mention how Sioux fans threw Lee under the bus too when he was here.

If VV is hurt, then he needs to sit. His play on the ice so far has been weak to say the least. I respect the fact that he is trying, but it just ain't working right now.

That said, I think it's time that Genoway gives it the old college try (no pun intended). Pop an aspirin or two and suit up. If it doesn't work it doesn't work.

Head injuries are nothing to mess with. Until he has fully recovered, he should not play. If that means he does not come back until Feb, next year or not at all, so be it. We have to remember that even though Fighting Sioux hockey is important to us, it is not as important as Chay having a full recovery from this serious injury. Adding to this injury could have devastating effects for the rest of his life. We also have to be aware that one person does not make a team. One person certainly can have an impact on the team, which Chay does, but this is a team sport. Take a look at the Gophers. They have tons of talent but have not developed the team mentality and effort that it takes to be successful in college hockey, much less the WCHA.

Here's hoping Chay has a complete recovery from this injury!!

Wow. I agree with "Team First," but when recovering from a concussion, "Team" doesn't really matter until you can take care of yourself. You're basically saying that Chay should forgo his personal safety, which could result in lifelong effects, for the Team? Completely disagree. I want to see Chay back as soon as possible, but if he's not able to make it back this year, but does make it back next year, regardless of the team he's playing for, and he's healthy, I'd much rather see that. The kid appears to be having difficulty keeping his head clear and you want him to give it the "old college try?"

What Chay wants is not what he gets. He may lie about headaches in an attempt to get back, but, until the scans done frequently are clear, he won't be back, even if he wants to. This is one injury you don't choose to play "dinged up".

everyone needs to look at the penalty on hextall at the end of the game and give their opinions on it. his hit was clean and the ref looked as though he called malones hit and gave the call to hextall. i still didn't see anything that should of been called for checking from behind. if you do look at it pay attention to when the ref puts his arm up.

everyone needs to look at the penalty on hextall at the end of the game and give their opinions on it. his hit was clean and the ref looked as though he called malones hit and gave the call to hextall. i still didn't see anything that should of been called for checking from behind. if you do look at it pay attention to when the ref puts his arm up.

There was no penalty on anyone, including Malone, unless the bump between he and the Wisco player was called "checking with his behind". The replay is proof that more than Don Adam just "make sh*? up as they go"

There was no penalty on anyone, including Malone, unless the bump between he and the Wisco player was called "checking with his behind". The replay is proof that more than Don Adam just "make sh*? up as they go"

Last night we were like penalty, what penalty? We sit in that end where the alleged penalty happened.

Actually the ref was Todd Anderson and I have cataloged some of his transgressions.

and in his postgame hak said they are going to count onthese guys stepping it up, we are in deep trouble if that is the case. the only freshman worth a s#$% are kristo, macwilliam and gleason.

Cichy has been brutal and nothing like his press clipping before college. I think he has been a disappointment.

You know what I am tired of that song and dance. Where has it gotten us? So we are going to rely on the second half surge every year? I an really tired of laying all our eggs in one basket on this second half surge crap.

agreed one of these years it isn't going to happen and with the amount of freshman we have and injuries this might be the year that it doesn't happen.

Yeah, Eidsness was (again) not sharp, and the young D made a few mistakes, but the problem with this team is that it isn't scoring goals. I really expected this talent to generate 5+ goals per game instead of the 3.22 we're sporting. We're under 3 in WCHA games!

Gotta finish.

Yeah, Eidsness was (again) not sharp, and the young D made a few mistakes, but the problem with this team is that it isn't scoring goals. I really expected this talent to generate 5+ goals per game instead of the 3.22 we're sporting. We're under 3 in WCHA games!

Gotta finish.

Yup.

And ya can't score goals if you rely too much on passing.

Heh... UW scored 3 or 4 goals this weekend by just throwing the puck at the net.

If I were Hakstol, I'd watch these past two games very carefully. Not to point fault necessarily, but to see if we can snatch a few plays out of Eaves' playbook. They seem to know how to score goals.

I am in the process of rewatching last night's game and the first of the two penalties against Ben Blood was weak. Talk about finishing a check.

The second one was probably a boarding call and I have seen them called a CFB.

Just 30 seconds into Saturday I knew that UND was the losing team.

How?

With God and everyone watching, because it happened at center and just seconds into the game, Kristo gets tripped and then contact to the head roughed to the ice.

No. Call.

None.

So much for "points of emphasis" about stickwork and contact to the head.