SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ UMD BULLDOGS

AZSIOUX

While it has probably already been said, and as noted in the Heardit today, the Sioux are playing their last series in the DECC.

For those of you who are able, and have not been to game in the DECC, get in your car now and drive there. It is a great old time venue. One of the last of the old great ones in the WCHA. The Barn. The Winter Sports Building. Dane County Coliseum. Williams Arena. The Broadmoor World Arena. There are probably others, but these are the ones that I remember best.

Right you are, NDH. The DECC is a great venue, good atmosphere, and Duluth is an old-school hockey town.

Always a great place to watch the Sioux win! ???

Just back from the game. My little girl had a blast.

I was surprised how good Bordson was, you hear about Fontain and Connolly, but he was every bit as good. Dylan Olson did not stand out at all.

For the Sioux, I think the won about 45 minutes. MacWilliam was brilliant, holding the line a couple of time on the big PK at the end and hip checked a bulldog head over heels at center ice as well. Somebody will need to make a video of that. Fienhage was also great. UNDs D looked as strong as I have ever seen it. Blood also ran over some dogs.

I think we will see a different goalie for UMD tomorrow, this guy was shaky at best.

A bit off topic, but during Sioux broadcast:

At the first intermission on the radio, a USCHO guy (forgot his name) was talking about the WCHA teams overall. Towards the end he called the Gophers "a lower tier team" with Tech!!!

Really, just how far have they fallen....also losing to Mankato 3-1 tonight at Maryucchi BTW.

--back to topic....

Dylan Olson did not stand out at all.

MacWilliam was brilliant, holding the line a couple of time on the big PK at the end and hip checked a bulldog head over heels at center ice as well.

In my limited viewing of Olsen (the UMD/UMN series), I didn't really see him stand out either.

MacWilliam has been excellent as a frosh dman, and he will probably stick around longer in NCAA hockey than Olsen will.

I like the former Camrose Kodiak dman that we got over UMD's. ???

In my limited viewing of Olsen (the UMD/UMN series), I didn't really see him stand out either.

MacWilliam has been excellent as a frosh dman, and he will probably stick around longer in NCAA hockey than Olsen will.

I like the former Camrose Kodiak dman that we got over UMD's. ;)

It helps that he chose the right colors to wear. ???

I like the player from <insert team name> that we got over the one they got....

That sounds familiar... where have I heard that one.

OH YEAH! I seem to recall a certain Salmon Arm forward that we got that was better than the Salmon Arm player the Gophers got...

However.... I think Olson will turn into a better pro at this limited viewing standpoint than Chucko.

the DECC is a !@#$-hole but it's not a bad place to see a game. I wonder how many other rinks have the teams benches on opposite sides of the rink...

BC's Conte Forum also pits the competitors on opposite sides. I wasted my money going to the "Fog Game" in fall of 2007 to see the Sioux.

There's another I've seen (not in person) as well, but can't think of it...

the DECC is a !@#$-hole but it's not a bad place to see a game. I wonder how many other rinks have the teams benches on opposite sides of the rink...

That was due to the WCHA going with replay. The penalty boxes/timekeeper table was on the other side (by the visitor bench) but for replay they needed to run wires down from the pressbox (which is on the other side) so its easier to move the timekeeper table to the toher side

Thats why the visitor bench is opposite of the penalty boxes/home bench

• Downvote 1

They had to move the visiting bench across the ice when the WCHA added video replay. The scorers table had to be on the same side of the ice as the pressbox for whatever reason (probably couldn't wire it to the other side or something? - i don't know). It wasn't too long ago both teams were on the side where the home bench is now. The poor coaches had to walk all the way around the rink every period. I also remember the students throwing hot dogs down into the Sioux bench and Blais throwing them back up at them. ???

Edit: ha - beat me to it iceburg! ;)

Hey RedFrog, would you be an awesome guy and record the goals in tonight's game?

Just because Midco picked it up doesn't mean those of us in Omaha will be able to pick up the game. ???

Hey you can alway move back to North Dakota. ;) Think of all the bad golf we could play. ;)

Think of all the bad golf we could play. ;)

HA! You used "golf" and "play" in the same sentence all the while referring to us! ;)

Somebody ??? posted that he couldn't understand all the hype about Olson after watching him at the U18 in Fargo last spring.

Now that somebody is just smirking. :)

No... smirking doesn't involved typing. Me thinks that somebody is tooting his own horn to the tune of the Hey Ya. ;)