SiouxSports.com Forum

Cal Poly vs UND

SiouxMD

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cal Poly is one of the few teams left in D1 FB that runs the true triple option on offense. Past UND defenses have had success against option teams, but...

If it's a low scoring game, UND has a chance...like in a 17-14 type game.

If UND can't stop the run and gets behind early, Poly will roll...31-10 type game.

Prior to this week, when was the last time UND was a clear underdog at home? It's been a long time. Possibly 1999 (Lennon's first year) when we knocked off Northern Colorado?

I do know if this game had a betting line, UND would be close to a double digit home 'dog. And what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas :D , but it is tough to bet against any home 'dog giving 10 or more. With that being said, I still think it will be difficult for UND to keep this one close.

I do know if this game had a betting line, UND would be close to a double digit home 'dog. And what happens in Vegas...stays in Vegas :D , but it is tough to bet against any home 'dog giving 10 or more. With that being said, I still think it will be difficult for UND to keep this one close.

The line is Cal Poly by 8.5

Cal Poly has been pretty up-and-down this year, they were up 3 on Montana in the 4th (with a little turnover help) before losing by 12. They're not a comeback team as they don't pass well, so if the Sioux can stuff the run and get ahead of them they might have a chance, if they can't stop the run early it could be a long day.

The line is Cal Poly by 8.5

Well there you have it! Nice research. I actually would thought it would have been at least UND +10. My cousins, who live in Vegas, must have thrown some big money down on UND to get the spread to drop to 8 1/2! :D

Anyone seen SloStang?

Here I am.

This game has me nervous. UND is tough at home and they can still win the Great West Championship with a win over the Mustangs. I expect a battle.

BTW, I also like a good "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" reference. If you have seen me I am probably by the food machines. I am a former (a long, long time ago) CP O-lineman.

Here I am.

This game has me nervous. UND is tough at home and they can still win the Great West Championship with a win over the Mustangs. I expect a battle.

BTW, I also like a good "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" reference. If you have seen me I am probably by the food machines. I am a former (a long, long time ago) CP O-lineman.

I wouldn't be nervous. The Sioux have not been playing good football in the last 2 games. If they show up it definitely could be a good game. If the same team that played Sioux Falls and SUU shows up it could be ugly.

Predictions for UND/Poly.

-One Touchdown game. Sutton will be the key. If it comes down to field goal, then it's 50/50.

-Regardless of stats or whether or not he plays, "Ish" will be up for player of the game.

-Cal Poly players and fans will be confused by UND flag team.

-NDSU announced as losing, fans go crazy.

-UND band plays beer song six times and then to carry on the original music from the Pride of the North they will play the stupid girlie "whoo" song six times.

-UND will announced HOF inductees but again snub the Bert Byleven of UND football, Mark Kauk. Shouldn't the guy get an honorary membership or something?

-If UND loses, calls for Mussman to be fired and Landry to be shipped to U of Mary will start up on this board.

Predictions for UND/Poly.

-One Touchdown game. Sutton will be the key. If it comes down to field goal, then it's 50/50.

-Regardless of stats or whether or not he plays, "Ish" will be up for player of the game.

-Cal Poly players and fans will be confused by UND flag team.

-NDSU announced as losing, fans go crazy.

-UND band plays beer song six times and then to carry on the original music from the Pride of the North they will play the stupid girlie "whoo" song six times.

-UND will announced HOF inductees but again snub the Bert Byleven of UND football, Mark Kauk. Shouldn't the guy get an honorary membership or something?

-If UND loses, calls for Mussman to be fired and Landry to be shipped to U of Mary will start up on this board.

I wouldn't do that to Mary...ship him to NDSU. :D

Cal Poly is one of the few teams left in D1 FB that runs the true triple option on offense. Past UND defenses have had success against option teams, but...

If it's a low scoring game, UND has a chance...like in a 17-14 type game.

If UND can't stop the run and gets behind early, Poly will roll...31-10 type game.

This may be the only game where UND's defensive scheme matches up well with an opponent.

UND 20, Cal Poly 17 in overtime. Offense and defense finally come together in a well played game for both teams.

Between Fargo and Grand Forks this year, if I had a nickel for every time a prediction included the words "offense and defense finally come together"... :D

This may be the only game where UND's defensive scheme matches up well with an opponent.

I would agree... UND seems to match up better with the run-first teams like USD and Stony Brook than they do against the teams that have a great deal of talent at WR. A quick glance at the team statistics (UND allows nearly 300 yards per game through the air) would seem to support that.

The two things that concern me are Cal-Poly's quickness on offense (can UND prevent the big play in the option game?) and whether or not UND can move the ball at all. Cal-Poly doesn't seem to have the type of defensive unit that will assist the UND offense in getting back on track.