SiouxSports.com Forum

College Hockey 2009-10

AZSIOUX

It depends how the refs call the game, I will stand by my earlier prediction I can see the refs being Shep and Marko Hunt this weekend with McLeod and Daddy Shep in the stand and the UAA with a parade to the box. I would bet anyone a beer on this. I can see the Gophers getting about 10-15 pp chances every night.

especially if the goophs try to play tough and the seapups stand up to them.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It depends how the refs call the game, I will stand by my earlier prediction I can see the refs being Shep and Marko Hunt this weekend with McLeod and Daddy Shep in the stand and the UAA with a parade to the box. I would bet anyone a beer on this. I can see the Gophers getting about 10-15 pp chances every night.

I would be very surprised if what you're predicting isn't exactly what transpires.

If you want UAA to beat the gophs, you should hope they get 20-25 pp chances per night. They can't score anyway.

Ouch, not a good day for the CC Tigers. After their backup freshman goalie departed for the WHL, one of their senior assistant captains, Andreas Vlassopolous, to have season-ending knee surgery.

http://cchockey.freedomblogging.com/2009/1...r-is-over/3285/

He is a 5th year senior, so his college career is over. :ohmy:

Hate to see a guys last year end in injury, friend or foe.

especially if the goophs try to play tough and the seapups stand up to them.

I am going to have to DVR these two games this weekend and watch them later (must do duck hunting), I think there could be a lot of rough stuff with Lucia and Flynn (they are two of the cheapest players in the WCHA). The UAA boys might knock those chips off of the Gophers shoulders though.

If you want UAA to beat the gophs, you should hope they get 20-25 pp chances per night. They can't score anyway.

I don't care who wins this series, if the Gophers win so be it, if they don't oh well. With all of those Blue Chippers eventually someone from the

Gophers will score.

per brad, wow

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Carrying the torch: A team that used to be forgotten when it comes to college hockey in Minnesota, Bemidji State is carrying the torch for the state. It was the only Minnesota school to reach the Frozen Four a season ago and it is currently the only Minnesota school to be ranked in either national poll.

go beavs!

per brad

http://www.areavoices.com/undhockey/

Guests of honor

Get ready to hunt down tickets and trek down Highway 2 a couple times next season. UND is tentatively scheduled to open both the Bemidji Regional Events Center and the new Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center next season.

The game at Bemidji will be Oct. 15, while the Duluth game is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 30. Plans are in the works to make the Duluth game the Hall of Fame game, too. It's a great place for a HoF game since Duluth is the closest D-I program to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth.

UND has strong ties to both programs.

The Beavers requested to the WCHA that UND be its first opponent in the new building. It also will mark Bemidji State's first series as a member of the WCHA -- a journey and process that UND supported.

"I

Hockey On Campus Live right now at hockeyoncampus.com Lineup for the night

Time based on EST

8:00 Eliot Olshansky

8:15 Joe Bertagna, Hockey East Commissioner

8:20 Mark Denehey, Head Coach, Merrimack

8:40 Tom Anastos, CCHA Commissioner

8:50 Bob DeGregorio, Atlantic Hockey Commissioner

9:00 Rico Blasi, Head Coach, Miami

9:20 Bruce McLeod, WCHA Commissioner

9:40 George Gwozdecky, Head Coach, Denver

wch blog recruiting stuff

http://www.westerncollegehockeyblog.com/

After taking former UNH commit Matt White, and former Providence player Bryce Aneloski, Dean Blais and Nebraska-Omaha continued his raid of Hockey East by getting a commitment from former Maine commit Johnnie Searfoss. Searfoss was coached by Blais last season with the Fargo Force.

Omaha also added gargantuan defenseman Tony Turgeon from Waterloo of the USHL. Turgeon has been a bit nomadic the past couple of years, but grew up in Grand Forks during Blais' glory years at North Dakota, which I'm sure added some appeal to Omaha.

Guests of honor

Get ready to hunt down tickets and trek down Highway 2 a couple times next season. UND is tentatively scheduled to open both the Bemidji Regional Events Center and the new Duluth Entertainment and Convention Center next season.

The game at Bemidji will be Oct. 15, while the Duluth game is tentatively scheduled for Dec. 30. Plans are in the works to make the Duluth game the Hall of Fame game, too. It's a great place for a HoF game since Duluth is the closest D-I program to the U.S. Hockey Hall of Fame in Eveleth.

The Beavers requested to the WCHA that UND be its first opponent in the new building. It also will mark Bemidji State's first series as a member of the WCHA -- a journey and process that UND supported.

"I

Guests of honor

"I