SiouxSports.com Forum

"Chapman's Mansion Way Over the Top"

star2city

"But there's something within the makeup of too many bison fans: they just latch onto bitterness and let it fester for years and years and turn their inside characters into obscene caricatures like Lakes and JBB. "

I am just pointing out how incredibly blind you are if you think for even a moment that your own administration is not accountable for this whole situation. NDSU waited a year in an attempt for UND to join us in the move. Does that tell you anything? The NDSU admin had every right to not even pick up the phone for 5 years during your transition after the behavior of your two guys. Yet all we hear for this 5 years is whining and badmouthing of the NDSU admin. The 5 years aren't even up, and the games are basically "ON", except in FB where your admin took matters into their own hands to ensure there are no games. Time to open your eyes.

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am just pointing out how incredibly blind you are if you think for even a moment that your own administration is not accountable for this whole situation. NDSU waited a year in an attempt for UND to join us in the move. Does that tell you anything? The NDSU admin had every right to not even pick up the phone for 5 years during your transition after the behavior of your two guys. Yet all we hear for this 5 years is whining and badmouthing of the NDSU admin. The 5 years aren't even up, and the games are basically "ON", except in FB where your admin took matters into their own hands to ensure there are no games. Time to open your eyes.

Good try but wrong again, as always. NDSU needed someone to go up with them and knew UND wouldn't. NDSU was begging and pleading with SDSU for a year and before SDSU finally relented practically at the last moment (Sept 1st was the exploratory year deadline then and SDSU announced in late August). Are you so bitter because that worked out so horribly for you? :silly:

No amount of information will ever stop your adoration of President Chapman. We understand: you just don't believe he had any ounce of Bernard Madoff in him. :silly: History shows otherwise.

Again, just take a chill pill and let the bitterness depart from you.

• 2 weeks later...

Are you saying you love what Kupchella and Thomas did by keeping UND in D2 instead of moving up? :huh:

No, I am saying that you do not speak for everyone - what you say or write is just your opinion and not the voice of everyone. On the topic of going Div I and who did what to who, nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. Everyone acts like they know but they don't - look at the recent actions concerning the WAC/MW in the press. I am sure only a small portion of that story has been told and look at the behavior on all sides - scary to think that these are our nations educational leaders.

I am sure that same kind of crap took place with the Div 1 topic in the Dakotas and each camp spinning the story to support it cause. It is sad...

No, I am saying that you do not speak for everyone - what you say or write is just your opinion and not the voice of everyone. On the topic of going Div I and who did what to who, nobody knows what went on behind closed doors. Everyone acts like they know but they don't - look at the recent actions concerning the WAC/MW in the press. I am sure only a small portion of that story has been told and look at the behavior on all sides - scary to think that these are our nations educational leaders.

I am sure that same kind of crap took place with the Div 1 topic in the Dakotas and each camp spinning the story to support it cause. It is sad...

Lets just say there is no love for them on Siouxsports.
My direct quote..how is that speaking for everyone else. Did I say, "in speaking for all the members here no one loves RT and Kuppy." No. I didn't. All I did was made a statement so get your facts straight.

So from now on instead of my own thought I will add those three letters IMO on everything I write.

Or you can qualify things by saying "some people" or "a lot of us" or "not everyone". Your statement comes across as a pretty general statement that the general opinion of people on SiouxSports about RT and Kupchella is negative.

My direct quote..how is that speaking for everyone else. Did I say, "in speaking for all the members here no one loves RT and Kuppy." No. I didn't. All I did was made a statement so get your facts straight.

Not look'n to rock the boat - I was just trying to explain my comment and how I read your comment. I understand your point.. now let see if the Sioux can score some points this weekend.

Not look'n to rock the boat - I was just trying to explain my comment and how I read your comment. I understand your point.. now let see if the Sioux can score some points this weekend.

No harm no foul. And I hope the Sioux can put up some big numbers on NIU. Lets show them the real Sioux team not those imposters that played last week.

I heard the NDSU President on the news last night and he said that concerning the audit all the expenses were justified. (they just look bad) After reading the paper this morning if those expenses were justified than we have another Joe Chapman on our hands.

I heard the NDSU President on the news last night and he said that concerning the audit all the expenses were justified. (they just look bad) After reading the paper this morning if those expenses were justified than we have another Joe Chapman on our hands.

He sure has a different opinion on KFGO right now... ;)

• 10 months later...

GF Herald Editorial on Dickinson St President

The second point bears a striking similarity to what happened at North Dakota State University. Staff there abetted Dr. Joseph Chapman’s efforts to aggrandize himself without regard to the cost.

McCallum’s offense is of an altogether different order. He believed he was helping Dickinson State. He didn’t do it for his comfort or glory, which were Chapman’s apparent motives.

There’s another telling difference.

It took several years for the board to move against Chapman, and then it was publicity that drove him out, not the fortitude of board members.

Finally, the Herald talks openly about the egomania associated with Chapman and his henchmen.

But if Jacobs was honest, he would expose the total dishonesty in which UND's own current administration has been double-dealing with the public and other public officials on highly charged politically correct issues.

But since Jacobs agrees with UND's administration and their deception, that makes it fine :silly:

• 11 months later...

Is this the last of the last vestige of the Chapman era (other than the house, of course)?? NDSU trying to sell costly, little-used plane

North Dakota State University is attempting to sell a seldom-used private plane that costs more than $5,600 an hour to fly, a university official told lawmakers who have questioned the expense.

The hourly cost is four times what another state agency pays to operate a similar plane.

NDSU's Beechcraft King Air B200, a twin-engine plane that was bought new for $2.34 million five years ago, is on the market for $1.55 million, said Gary Wawers, a controller in the university's accounting office.

During the state budget year that ended in June 2011, the plane was used for 41 flights lasting a total of 70 hours, Wawers told the Legislature's interim Government Services Committee on Wednesday.

Records show the plane has been used mostly to fly NDSU President Dean Bresciani and other top administrators to meetings within North Dakota. It has also carried members of the Board of Higher Education, lawmakers and other North Dakota public college administrators.

Edited by GeauxSioux

Any guesses why it cost four times as much to operate the NDSU plane?

Part of it could be due to that all too familiar confusion between North Dakota and NDSU. It's possible UND plane expenses were applied to NDSU. We all know that confusion happens all the time.