SiouxSports.com Forum

Texas Tech Predictions

UND Fan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

General rule of thumb seems to be: $50,000 to bus, $75,000 to fly commercial and $100,000 to fly charter. That includes the hotel stay, meals, etc. The numbers change a little depending on distance, dates, and other stuff, but that's normally what athletic departments in our neck of the woods(ND/SD/MT) seem to say.

UND needed a big payday to help the program pay for itself. The $250K or so that they will clear from this trip will pay for most of the travel costs to the other 5 road games. So, even getting trounced in Texas is a good thing.

One of UND's strengths this year is it's secondary...but it won't look like it come late Sat. afternoon. 59-7 "da Raaaaiders".

And for all the NDSU hacks that will be on this board ripping UND after they get throttled...not all Big 12 teams are alike! Tech isn't ISU!

One of UND's strengths this year is it's secondary...but it won't look like it come late Sat. afternoon. 59-7 "da Raaaaiders".

And for all the NDSU hacks that will be on this board ripping UND after they get throttled...not all Big 12 teams are alike! Tech isn't ISU!

I agree completely....I would never say anything like that....except for some good natured $#!t giving..... :silly:

I agree completely....I would never say anything like that....except for some good natured $#!t giving..... :blush:

Kudos to you for your defense of Mussman's comments yesterday on Bisonville. You're a welcomed guest here (IMHO) and certainly deserve to sling **it a little if the mood seems right. :silly:

Kudos to you for your defense of Mussman's comments yesterday on Bisonville. You're a welcomed guest here (IMHO) and certainly deserve to sling **it a little if the mood seems right. :silly:

I have to ask, what comments of Mussman were being discussed? Please don't make me go to Bisonville... :blush:

They would draw a great crowd from the Twin Cities alumni for that game. Would love to see it happen.

It certainly doesn't hurt that there's already something of a relationship having been established between the two athletic departments, with the women's basketball team playing in the tournament there last year, and the men's team playing in Ames last year and this year (thanks to Mac no doubt). Besides Minnesota and Wisconsin, this is probably the regional FBS opponent that makes the most sense for UND to eventually play in football.

I have to ask, what comments of Mussman were being discussed? Please don't make me go to Bisonville... :blush:

Here is the linky:

http://www.bisonville.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17410

I think most Bison fans were not at all aware of Mussman's history at ISU. In light of his history at ISU I would certaintly expect him to cheer for his old team. If he had no previous connection to ISU, it would have not been an appropriate remark.....and I suspect most the hostility was because the Bison fans did not know Mussman's history.

The thread is kind of an example of how threads on either of these boards can go in a goofy direction if some of the facts are missing. Most the Bison fans are very good folks that are very passionate about thier football. And.....are a bit (probably the understatement of the year) after last season. I am not sure last night helped the grouchiness either.

Anyway.....it is kind of an entertaining read. If you go read it just remember......we bark a lot, but seldom bite. :silly:

And....don't start a smack fest or I will have to lock the thread. .....And just remember we all have our fans that are loudmouths.

I was wondering, (on paper) where would people rank this Sioux team vs Sioux teams from the last 10 years or so? Even if we were still division 2 I dont think this is as strong of a team as weve had in the past. I would think this team is in the bottom half compared to what weve had the last 15 years. We dont have a stud running back or linebacker like weve had the last 16 or 17 years. Our QB is really unknown, even though he has a rocket arm his accuracy is off alot. We dont have the big game changer like Philip Moore, Shannon Burnell, Weston Dressler, Travis Lueck, Ryan Chappel, Brady Trenbath! Man I wish we still had Chappel. Be fun to see what he could do in a game like this. Murray is good but hes NO Chappel. Hopefully Bamba will continue to get better. I think we really miss the studs on D weve had from Mark Callahan, Moony, Kelly, Digger, ect. To bad we didnt have the offensive weapons we had a couple years ago with Dressler and Chappel going this weekend. I dont see the Sioux moving the ball at all on Saturday. But maybe now we have more depth then we use to.

Sorry I didnt even mention the guys we have in the NFL when I talked about stud players the last few years. Guess I always think of the offensive stars.

I was wondering, (on paper) where would people rank this Sioux team vs Sioux teams from the last 10 years or so? Even if we were still division 2 I dont think this is as strong of a team as weve had in the past. I would think this team is in the bottom half compared to what weve had the last 15 years. We dont have a stud running back or linebacker like weve had the last 16 or 17 years. Our QB is really unknown, even though he has a rocket arm his accuracy is off alot. We dont have the big game changer like Philip Moore, Shannon Burnell, Weston Dressler, Travis Lueck, Ryan Chappel, Brady Trenbath! Man I wish we still had Chappel. Be fun to see what he could do in a game like this. Murray is good but hes NO Chappel. Hopefully Bamba will continue to get better. I think we really miss the studs on D weve had from Mark Callahan, Moony, Kelly, Digger, ect. To bad we didnt have the offensive weapons we had a couple years ago with Dressler and Chappel going this weekend. I dont see the Sioux moving the ball at all on Saturday. But maybe now we have more depth then we use to.

Sorry I didnt even mention the guys we have in the NFL when I talked about stud players the last few years. Guess I always think of the offensive stars.

When you like at Murray's present status on the team, he's closer to Chappel than you realize.

When you like at Murray's present status on the team, he's closer to Chappel than you realize.

Does anybody know for certain whether Murray is enrolled at UND this semester? Even if he is, I would be surprised if we ever see him play again. However, with Sutton, Magstadt and after this season Binns, there is some good young talent at running back. Even though he's not starting, from everything I've heard Sutton is the back who has made the most big plays in practice.

Ummm...really? :silly: Chappel was a D1 talent thru 2 years here and would have been something very special his final 2 years!!

I think most Bison fans were not at all aware of Mussman's history at ISU. In light of his history at ISU I would certaintly expect him to cheer for his old team.

I almost feel sorry for you WYO. Almost. :silly:

The world of DI is filled with people who have moved around. The norm is to be extremely "pro" toward whomever is signing the check today; however, everyone in the DI game has an alma mater and that will nearly invariably show up when there's no other factor (direct game involvement) involved in hoping for an outcome of a game.

If NDSU can't handle the fact that UND's head coach is a former ISU captain and said "Go Cyclones" I'd say they need to take a trip back down to DII because this won't be the last time something like this happens.

Put another way, when Bemidji State was playing Notre Dame in last year's NCAA hockey playoffs (Mar 28, 2009) I'd imagine Minnesota coach Don Lucia probably said, "Go Irish" even if only in his own mind. It wasn't a slam on another Minnesota school or even a potential future conference rival. It was a former Notre Damer expressing the sentiment that every ... alumnus ... feels when he hears his team's playing.

I suppose if NDSU ever plays Illinois in MBB, SDSU's Scott Nagy better not breathe a word. (Nagy got his masters degree from Illinois.)

Or better, what would Craig Bohl (former Nebraska player) say in regard to a North Dakota at Nebraska matchup? I'm sure he'd be saying "Go Sioux" ... not.