SiouxSports.com Forum

Changes in Student Hockey Ticket Distribution

MJohnce

I know there must be some UND students out there on this site who are going to be as upset as I was when I found out that there is going to be no seniority given to the older students for next year's hockey tickets.

Granted I have no clue how they used to do things back before I came to school here but when I was a freshmen only %10 of the season tickets were reserved for us. Now, this year's freshmen will have the same opportunity to get season tickets as I do as a senior. I waited 3 years to get top priority and now they are doing away with it.

Makes me a little upset they chose to do this without gathering larger input form students.

The other change that doesn't bother me as much is we will be camping out for tickets. The odd thing is that we will only be allowed to line up 5:00pm the night before they sell them at 8:00am the next morning. You have some students that will wait a whole week or even longer to guarantee their seat. I just wounder how it is going to be handled when the large mass of students fight for position at 5:00pm.

I know there must be some UND students out there on this site who are going to be as upset as I was when I found out that there is going to be no seniority given to the older students for next year's hockey tickets.

Granted I have no clue how they used to do things back before I came to school here but when I was a freshmen only %10 of the season tickets were reserved for us. Now, this year's freshmen will have the same opportunity to get season tickets as I do as a senior. I waited 3 years to get top priority and now they are doing away with it.

Makes me a little upset they chose to do this without gathering larger input form students.

The other change that doesn't bother me as much is we will be camping out for tickets. The odd thing is that we will only be allowed to line up 5:00pm the night before they sell them at 8:00am the next morning. You have some students that will wait a whole week or even longer to guarantee their seat. I just wounder how it is going to be handled when the large mass of students fight for position at 5:00pm.

I graduated at a GREAT time! :lol:

What's the source of this information?

What's the source of this information?

Freshmen Getting Started, the athletic department has a booth and they are explaining next year's process to the new students. Little frustrating that the new freshmen know the procedure before current students are given some sort of formal message.

Good to see they are going back to the way it should have been all along. Especially since I'm essentially to blame for it changing. :lol:

LOL, so you were that guy during the week long party back in 03-04! They should do it that way every year! Nothin like camping outside for 5 days for season tickets!

LOL, so you were that guy during the week long party back in 03-04! They should do it that way every year! Nothin like camping outside for 5 days for season tickets!

5 days was it for you? :lol: i have been to a regional, 3 final five's, and a frozen four.....the week and a half I waited to get season tickets in 03-04 is still my most favorite memory!

I'll post what I posted on the facebook group:

I think that camping out is a good idea... however I think that the 5 PM limit is a poor choice. I personally have camped out for Sioux Crew Frozen Four tickets and had a great time. All the fans in line got along very well. Those who really wanted to be there, were there. No one bought tickets just to jack the price up and resell them online for the profit.

Get rid of the time limit and let people line up when they feel it's necessary. A way to get around people who have to go to class, go to work, or do other stuff is to allow groups of four (for example). Just say that at least one person has to be in line at all times, and all four must be present to purchase the tickets on Saturday morning.

I'll post what I posted on the facebook group:

I think that camping out is a good idea... however I think that the 5 PM limit is a poor choice. I personally have camped out for Sioux Crew Frozen Four tickets and had a great time. All the fans in line got along very well. Those who really wanted to be there, were there. No one bought tickets just to jack the price up and resell them online for the profit.

Get rid of the time limit and let people line up when they feel it's necessary. A way to get around people who have to go to class, go to work, or do other stuff is to allow groups of four (for example). Just say that at least one person has to be in line at all times, and all four must be present to purchase the tickets on Saturday morning.

Camping out for Frozen Four tickets was fun....The only way to get rid of the people who want them for the sake of selling them or saying that they have them will not want to line up that long and that gets rid of them.

You know the University could save themselves a lot of trouble if they did something....asked the STUDENTS about the Student Season Ticket Process....I know shocker that it might work!

How is it that the University can screw up the students ticket distribution more and more every year.

It's like it is a contest to out do the last season.

Apparently Student Government had nothing to do with the ticket distribution changes this year, it was all REA.

Apparently Student Government had nothing to do with the ticket distribution changes this year, it was all REA.

Oh boy, how hard is it to distribute tickets with out flubbing everything up?

I bet we could get a group of students to do a better job.

With the way the process changes every year UND/REA/Student Government should just bring this to it's logical conclusion.

Step One: Remove hockey boards from REA.

Step Two: All the students who want tickets must show up to REA on a Sunday.

Step Three: Divide students in 16 equal groups.

Step Four: Put one group at each entrance in the lower bowl.

Step Five: Set the scoreboard to 60 minutes

Step Six: Sound the buzzer and start the clock

Step Seven: On second thought leave the boards up. And the ice too! It'll make the process even better.

Step Eight: Students run down the stairs onto the ice and proceed to beat the living sh^t out of each other until the clock hits zero.

It's like the Royal Rumble. You go over the boards, you're out. NO TICKETS FOR YOU!!!! No Holds Barred and BYOW (Bring Your Own Weapon). If the clock runs out and more students remain than tickets available, REA employees use potato guns and randomly start shooting people with leftover food from Late Night at Wilkerson.

Two Rules:

1. No Fish Hooking.

2. No use of Bioweapons.

With the way the process changes every year UND/REA/Student Government should just bring this to it's logical conclusion.

Step One: Remove hockey boards from REA.

Step Two: All the students who want tickets must show up to REA on a Sunday.

Step Three: Divide students in 16 equal groups.

Step Four: Put one group at each entrance in the lower bowl.

Step Five: Set the scoreboard to 60 minutes

Step Six: Sound the buzzer and start the clock

Step Seven: On second thought leave the boards up. And the ice too! It'll make the process even better.

Step Eight: Students run down the stairs onto the ice and proceed to beat the living sh^t out of each other until the clock hits zero.

It's like the Royal Rumble. You go over the boards, you're out. NO TICKETS FOR YOU!!!! No Holds Barred and BYOW (Bring Your Own Weapon). If the clock runs out and more students remain than tickets available, REA employees use potato guns and randomly start shooting people with leftover food from Late Night at Wilkerson.

Two Rules:

1. No Fish Hooking.

2. No use of Bioweapons.

That's the guys version....

To bring more money in, all girls will be mandated to the olympic pools where they must wear white shirts and follow the same procedures....spectators allowed for $20 a head.

Not at the Ralph. Maybe they could move the whole event south about 75 miles, to a big brick building down there. A small nuke in that building shouldn't cause any problems for UND students. :D

Lets say Fargo Dome. :)

They built it....be we own it.

If we own it then maybe we shouldn't allow the students to destroy it after all. Hopefully we'll get a chance to use it again in the near future.

Does NDSU have any problems with UND owning a building in Fargo, especially one right beside the campus?