SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These two teams are a great example of why you never want to see playoffs (or any other teams other than the 70s Russian Red Army) on big ice.

Denver looked the same way last weekend, but so did Wisco when they played Denver. Guess they'd like their opponents to fall asleep like the crowd (if there was one).

Almost, but not quite.

Air Force has been really close the past two seasons in knocking off both UMN and Miami (OT) in the first round. They haven't gone down lightly in either game. This shouldn't come as a huge surprise to the people that saw them play the last two seasons.

That said, I love seeing a #1 seed like Michigan fall in the 1st round.

Go Air Force...would like to see them in the F4 over Vermont/Yale.

See that is the thing this is the regional I wanted UND at. Because now Vermont or Yale is probably going to be going to the frozen four.

Neither teams is very good.

Almost, but not quite.

Air Force has been really close the past two seasons in knocking off both UMN and Miami (OT) in the first round. They haven't gone down lightly in either game. This shouldn't come as a huge surprise to the people that saw them play the last two seasons.

That said, I love seeing a #1 seed like Michigan fall in the 1st round.

Go Air Force...would like to see them in the F4 over Vermont/Yale.

Especially since the Gophers were the #1 OVERALL seed that year they lost to HC. While AF over Michigan is a big upset, it's not quite on the same level as Holy Cross's

1. Bob Norton is horrible.

2. DU is playing really crappy. Miami doesn't look great, but since DU didn't show up, it doesn't matter.

3. Air Force is going to beat the Vermont/Yale winner IMO. Both those teams look very slow. Air Force looked fast and took advantage of their chances.

4. I will laugh if DU loses tonight and then Bozak goes pro right away...as the DU fans made a pretty big deal about him coming back for the playoffs.

5. Whoever has to face the AF/VT/Yale regional winner in the F4 will have a much easier path to the title game. While I am glad that Air Force beat UM, UM outchanced them pretty significantly.