SiouxSports.com Forum

NCAA Tourney Scores and Updates

AZSIOUX

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say ohio state is "weaker" they have enough talent to beat the top teams, they are young though and BU has done a good job of reinforcing the thought they seem to have in their head that they cannot win. I liked how ohio state came out, it's too bad they let 1 goal ruin them.

How is OSU not weaker than BU?

BU didn't have a guaranteed victory going into the game, but if BU took care of business, they weren't going to lose. They are talented from top to bottom. OSU has a couple decent lines, but they are still the weaker of the two teams no doubt.

How is OSU not weaker than BU?

BU didn't have a guaranteed victory going into the game, but if BU took care of business, they weren't going to lose. They are talented from top to bottom. OSU has a couple decent lines, but they are still the weaker of the two teams no doubt.

To me when you say weaker team it talks about a team not individual talent.

Any team that makes it into the NCAA playoffs is a strong team, I think this has been proven this year, no matter how much talent you have it can only take you so far. Playoff time anyone can win, talented or not.

WOW!! In another thread I just said I pick Notre Dame to win it all....can I take it back? This is a weird year and gives all the parity people something to talk about.

Lots of time left. Notre Dame was down 2-0 in the CCHA title game against a much better Michigan team and won 5-2. ND is kinda peeing themselves right now, they look like they're pressing a bit much despite being in control of the puck about 2/3 of the time.

If BSU knocks off ND (or did they?)

Then my prediction will be true: BU walks away with it in one of the easiest treks in recent memory.

That's what people said about Michigan last year. All I heard was Michigan this and Michigan that. Michigan, Michigan, Michigan! Last time I checked, they watched the NCAA title game in the stands with everyone else. And don't forget Brendan "Sour Grapes" Morrison's Wolverines of 1997.

This is college hockey. Anything can happen.

That's what people said about Michigan last year. All I heard was Michigan this and Michigan that. Michigan, Michigan, Michigan! Last time I checked, they watched the NCAA title game in the stands with everyone else. And don't forget Brendan "Sour Grapes" Morrison's Wolverines of 1997.

Maybe.

God it would be AWESOME to have a BSU/AFA NC game. :(

ESPN would have a stroke. Maybe they'd not televise it or try to renegotiate the contract of broadcasting to provide for broadcasting only if at least one of the schools is "big" (like BC, BU, Michigan, ND, MSU, UW, Minnesota, maybe UND)

Maybe.

God it would be AWESOME to have a BSU/AFA NC game. :(

ESPN would have a stroke. Maybe they'd not televise it or try to renegotiate the contract of broadcasting to provide for broadcasting only if at least one of the schools is "big" (like BC, BU, Michigan, ND, MSU, UW, Minnesota, maybe UND)

Agreed, that would be awesome. And it would help Bemidji's program big-time. The WCHA would all of a sudden welcome them with open arms. This would help their recruiting and scheduling. And the Beavers would become an annual playoff contender. I would gladly tolerate a 12 team league if it helped a legitimate hockey school like BSU thrive and succeed.

Funny!!

All I heard last year was Sioux this and Sioux that! It was going to be a home game for the Fighting Sioux. With all the UND fans in Denver it was going to be a cake walk.

Funny!!

All I heard last year was Sioux this and Sioux that! It was going to be a home game for the Fighting Sioux. With all the UND fans in Denver it was going to be a cake walk.

Funny!!

I didn't hear any of that. It was all about the golden boys from Ann Arbor. And their ringleader Kevin Porter. Until Notre Dame crashed the party and sent the Maize and Blue home early.

Funny!!

I didn't hear any of that. It was all about the golden boys from Ann Arbor. And their ringleader Kevin Porter. Until Notre Dame crashed the party and sent the Maize and Blue home early.

I live by AA and didn't hear any of that. Red's teams can't get by the semi's. Kinda like the Sioux and playing BC. :(

I live by AA and didn't hear any of that. Red's teams can't get by the semi's. Kinda like the Sioux and playing BC. :(

I guess I should stop listening to the national media because they ususally don't know what they are talking about. The Wolverines won two titles in three years in 1996 and 1998, but they haven't done much since. I guess I am not alone when it comes to playoff frustration.