SiouxSports.com Forum

congrats to the Dogs

Fetch

Right on. Duluth deserved to win. They were the epitome of the cliche "the harder you work the luckier you get". It seems to me that MN outplayed Duluth but for bad luck could/should have beaten them. When the pressure came on in the 3rd in that game Duluth started to look a little flustered but seemed to find themselves with 4-5 minutes left in the game. But Duluth worked very hard in that game, took advantage of opportunities, and sold out to block shots and bottle up the middle and got great goaltending. Against the Sioux, once again, it was the same recipe, and the Sioux couldn't buy a break. They did it even better against Denver.

Actually, watching tonite's game made me feel a little better about last night.

Stalock has let in 3? goals in the last 5 playoff games again CC, MN, UND and Denver. Can you dispute that this is more than luck?

It will be interesting to see how Duluth responds when they don't get the first goal, when things aren't quite going their way. But this weekend they got the early break or the timely goal, continued working and never gave up. You could almost see Duluth's confidence grow as the weekend wore on, starting near the end of the 3rd on Thursday. Almost like they started to believe.

Tonite, what really made me feel like Duluth was feeling it was deep in the 3rd period, up by 3 and on the PK the Duluth forward got the puck high in the zone. Instead of trying a reasonable percentage pitchfork, he actually skated the puck parallel to the blueline until he got a great angle to dump it down with authority. Pretty heady play during a key PK that could have switched the mo against a team that had to be running on confidence and adrenaline.

Congratulations to the Bulldogs who truly were champions this weekend.

I'm not sure which of these makes me happier! :lol:

How in the hell can the Dogz lose two games at home to Anchorage and a crappy offensive team like AA lights up Stalock the last weekend of the season and they go gangbusters from there?? That is what makes college hockey so great I guess.

I wish I could say I was happy about UMD winning, but their fans sitting behind me ruined the entire Final Five weekend for me and made the games not enjoyable to be at. Stalock was a rock, and they showed up to play so they deserved to win, but my opinion of them is forever tarnished due to those idots behind me.

P.S. -- I did like the mohawks :lol:

I wish I could say I was happy about UMD winning, but their fans sitting behind me ruined the entire Final Five weekend for me and made the games not enjoyable to be at. Stalock was a rock, and they showed up to play so they deserved to win, but my opinion of them is forever tarnished due to those idots behind me.

P.S. -- I did like the mohawks :lol:

wow you must have had some drunk dogz fans behind you...I would not base my opinion of a team based on a couple of drunk fans.

Stalock has let in 3? goals in the last 5 playoff games again CC, MN, UND and Denver. Can you dispute that this is more than luck?

I still don't know whay so many idiots picked McBain over this guy for the league MVP. He is giving the Dogz the type of goaltending that wins championships.

How in the hell can the Dogz lose two games at home to Anchorage and a crappy offensive team like AA lights up Stalock the last weekend of the season and they go gangbusters from there?? That is what makes college hockey so great I guess.
Well said Dar.Let's hope we can say the same about our beloved SIOUX next weekend.How they can play so poorly this weekend and then win 2 games in their regional in convincing fashion.

Congrats Bulldogs.They made my weekend a little better since the SIOUX made it miserable.

Great job by the 'Dawgz!!! My second choice to win it all this weekend! History made times two! First team in Final Five history a play in team wins it all and the first time Gwoz has lost a Final Five!!!

WOOOHOOOO!!!!!!!!

Actually, it is X3. First winner through the play-in game, first time Gwoz loses a Final Five championship game, and first time UMD wins the Broadmoor. UMD was a very deserving winner.

As to the drunk idiotic Sioux fan sitting in Section 204, Row 3, about seat 5 on Friday night - you jumped off the Sioux bandwagon by the end of the 2nd period. Your obnoxious degrading screaming toward the Sioux team was embarrassing. Please don't ever go to a Sioux hockey game again. We, and the team, do not need you.

Actually, it is X3. First winner through the play-in game, first time Gwoz loses a Final Five championship game, and first time UMD wins the Broadmoor. UMD was a very deserving winner.

As to the drunk idiotic Sioux fan sitting in Section 204, Row 3, about seat 5 on Friday night - you jumped off the Sioux bandwagon by the end of the 2nd period. Your obnoxious degrading screaming toward the Sioux team was embarrassing. Please don't ever go to a Sioux hockey game again. We, and the team, do not need you.

Good point! I saw a few bad eggs wearing our teams jerseys as well this weekend. Yikes!!!

Hot goaltender indeed, the NCAA selection show just noted that Stalock's SV% in the Final Five was .989, stopping 90/91 shots. Congrats UMD, what a run.

Update - Melrose just picked UMD to go all the way... sorry Duluth fans ???

Melrose said that they would get to the title game, but lose to BU.

BU is everyone's favorite this year. Which is why they are going to lose to UND in NH this upcoming weekend. :lol:

Congrats to UMD.

Some very impressive hockey from them in all three games.

Sharp and Stalock are playing amazing right now, and could carry the Bulldogs to the F4.

I doubt it...I see Denver coming out of that regional.