SiouxSports.com Forum

Early Departures

AZSIOUX

How about all the GM's who passed on him for some 6-4 guy? Lou got the last laugh on that one.

Yep good point Dough Risebrough could learn a thing or two from his fellow gm's...

John Davidson is awesome and has the Blues in the playoff hunt.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about all the GM's who passed on him for some 6-4 guy? Lou got the last laugh on that one.

zach was the 17th overall pick. very high pick. nj has a franchise player no doubt!

that was a solid draft overall, you arent gona hit on every draft pick of course but many solid nhlers in this top 20 group

http://hockeydb.com/ihdb/draft/nhl2003e.html

I'm still steamed that Lou traded up just in front of the Wild to grab him....he almost fell all the way into Minnesota's lap.

On another note, I really hope the wild will step up and really try to sign Bozak...he could really help them, maybe more so than most other teams.

Yep good point Dough Risebrough could learn a thing or two from his fellow gm's...

John Davidson is awesome and has the Blues in the playoff hunt.

Umm....John Davidson drafted Erik Johnson instead of Jonny Toews....EMFJ will still likely be a good player but c'mon...

I'm still steamed that Lou traded up just in front of the Wild to grab him....he almost fell all the way into Minnesota's lap.

On another note, I really hope the wild will step up and really try to sign Bozak...he could really help them, maybe more so than most other teams.

Risebrough is a class "A" moron and he won't sign Bozak because he is an ex-college hockey player. He'd rather sign some stiff like Sheppard or Giles.

A DU poster on USCHO said that there is a good chance that Bozak, Ruegsegger & Rakhshani all go pro this offseason.

If true, that would be a huge blow to their offense for next season.

Bozak was pretty much a guarantee to be gone, but the other two were just possibilities.

A DU poster on USCHO said that there is a good chance that Bozak, Ruegsegger & Rakhshani all go pro this offseason.

If true, that would be a huge blow to their offense for next season.

Bozak was pretty much a guarantee to be gone, but the other two were just possibilities.

I think all 3 are gopne. all 3 are damn good hockey players!

I don't remember what Zach was projected as far as which line, but I doubt it was as a grinding checker.

I DO remember all the commentators being amazed at how far he slipped as they were convinced he was a top 10 pick for sure.

I do remember Lou practically running to the podium to draft Parise. Much like he did when he drafted Zajac. It wasn't beating the clock... it was much like a kid running home after winning a contest at school eager to tell mom and dad.

It was a solid draft. Only one bust (Jessiman) in the top 17. Well... who knows about him.

But seriously, with the offensive woes the Rangers have been having, why didn't they bring Parise to Madison Square Garden?

I'm sure PCM would have loved that.

I've heard otherwise.

I heard Rueggsegger will be a 4 year player, not because he's not ready to leave, but because he values his education. Just something I heard.

and that may be right. i am just referring to all 3 are ready for the jump. also ruegs got hurt so maybe that is a factor either way

I don't remember what Zach was projected as far as which line, but I doubt it was as a grinding checker.

I DO remember all the commentators being amazed at how far he slipped as they were convinced he was a top 10 pick for sure.

I do remember Lou practically running to the podium to draft Parise. Much like he did when he drafted Zajac. It wasn't beating the clock... it was much like a kid running home after winning a contest at school eager to tell mom and dad.

It was a solid draft. Only one bust (Jessiman) in the top 17. Well... who knows about him.

But seriously, with the offensive woes the Rangers have been having, why didn't they bring Parise to Madison Square Garden?

I'm sure PCM would have loved that.

Zach was projected as a first or second line scorer.

JT was projected as a franchise player

Not that it wasn't obvious, but this article sums up Bozak leaving for sure. Looks like he's weighing his options and then going to make a decision. The article states by "week end."

http://sports.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/...ortsHockey/home

http://www.tsn.ca/blogs/darren_dreger/?id=272891

Down in DUdsville, it sounds like Rueggs and Rak are still very questionable, especially Rueggs. I guess we'll see.

Should Donny be worried about Schroeder?

Not according to all of the Gopher fans. I would say there is a chance that the team that drafts him

might want him to sign. I guess we will find out this summer.

Risebrough is a class "A" moron and he won't sign Bozak because he is an ex-college hockey player. He'd rather sign some stiff like Sheppard or Giles.

Not getting drafted by the Wild was the best thing that could have ever happened to Parise. The Wild would have snuffed out his offensive game, just like they have done to every other player that comes through there. Wild organization = one big joke. The fans that still go to their games despite front office ineptitude = bigger jokes. I've heard even with losing Gaborik after the year, the Wild are pretty flush up against the cap.

Heard Kozek just got signed. Not really an ealry departure but.... he is playing with chicago wolves i think

cool, he will play with kaip for now. best of luck to kozek. hope he can get a shot in the next 2-3 years with atlanta and show off that shot!

Not getting drafted by the Wild was the best thing that could have ever happened to Parise. The Wild would have snuffed out his offensive game, just like they have done to every other player that comes through there. Wild organization = one big joke. The fans that still go to their games despite front office ineptitude = bigger jokes. I've heard even with losing Gaborik after the year, the Wild are pretty flush up against the cap.

Hence the reason I think Risebrough is a class "A" Moron. I am hoping the ownership fires him after the season.

Hence the reason I think Risebrough is a class "A" Moron. I am hoping the ownership fires him after the season.

Amen, brotha. Time for Dougie and "No Doubt" to go on their merry way. Time for some new blood and - hopefully - some entertaining hockey.

Amen, brotha. Time for Dougie and "No Doubt" to go on their merry way. Time for some new blood and - hopefully - some entertaining hockey.

I have heard that J.L. is going to retire at the end of the season, I am hoping the new owner decides enough is enough.

Risebrough has run the team into the ground and the Wild ownership has to be worried about next season and their season ticket drive. People are getting restless. There won't be a team of 18,000+ if they have a team full of AHLer on the team.

Brain-gap. Sorry. I meant Fontaine (the sophomore) but had Sharp on the brain from post-season.

Should Donny be worried about Schroeder?

I would think Fontaine has an outside chance. He was right up there with Sharp in points all season.

Pretty talented sophomore.

I think Schroeder has a very good chance at leaving as well, depending on who drafts him. He tore it up at the WJC, which I'm sure really impressed the scouts...

Going back to UMD...why do I get the idea that the Connolly's are going to be the type of players that torment the rest of the league for another three seasons? Those two look to be great pickups for Sandelin.