SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 WCHA FINAL 5

AZSIOUX

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I just used Brad Schlossman's NCAA prediction tool on his website and using many different scenerios its almost a 100 percent lock that the loser of the Duluth vs. Minnesota game will likely not make the NCAA tournament....which makes Thursday nights game an NCAA playoff game for both schools. With both schools having so much to play for it should be a superb hockey game for all to see. :lol:

That being said, the Sioux will be in the NCAA tournament, so not a ton of pressure on the fellas this week. But I'd still love to see both the McNaughton and the Broadmor in the main entrance at the Ralph next season. :sad:

Well I just used Brad Schlossman's NCAA prediction tool on his website and using many different scenerios its almost a 100 percent lock that the loser of the Duluth vs. Minnesota game will likely not make the NCAA tournament....which makes Thursday nights game an NCAA playoff game for both schools. With both schools having so much to play for it should be a superb hockey game for all to see. :lol:

That being said, the Sioux will be in the NCAA tournament, so not a ton of pressure on the fellas this week. But I'd still love to see both the McNaughton and the Broadmor in the main entrance at the Ralph next season. :sad:

Go Dogs.

Imagine that. A Final Five game for the Gophers and we haven't heard them say yet that it doesn't matter. If they make it that far, I guarantee the third place game will have great importance for them.

Imagine that. A Final Five game for the Gophers and we haven't heard them say yet that it doesn't matter. If they make it that far, I guarantee the third place game will have great importance for them.

I don't know...Donny Lucia-pet has gone on record that the 3rd place games means nothing and his team has performed accordingly the past few years...

yeah last night i did it and it was tough not to find the gophers in but it looks like may need to have to go 2-1 to get in for sure. the loser seems to be finished more than likely

In the below scenario, Duluth is in after losing the play-in game and Minn is out going 1-2 in the F5.

Hockey East Semifinal #2: Northeastern defeats Mass.-Lowell.

Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston University defeats Boston College.

Hockey East Championship game: Boston University defeats Northeastern.

ECAC Semifinal #2: Cornell defeats Princeton.

ECAC Semifinal #1: Yale defeats St. Lawrence.

ECAC Championship game: Yale defeats Cornell.

ECAC Consolation game: Princeton defeats St. Lawrence.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: RIT defeats Mercyhurst.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Bentley.

Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats RIT.

CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Alaska.

CCHA Semifinal #1: Notre Dame defeats Northern Michigan.

CCHA Championship game: Notre Dame defeats Michigan.

CCHA Consolation game: Alaska defeats Northern Michigan.

WCHA Play-in #1: Minnesota defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

WCHA Semifinal #2: Denver defeats Wisconsin.

WCHA Semifinal #1: North Dakota defeats Minnesota.

WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Denver.

WCHA Consolation game: Wisconsin defeats Minnesota.

Both Uminn and UMD get if this happens:

Hockey East Semifinal #2: Northeastern defeats Mass.-Lowell.

Hockey East Semifinal #1: Boston University defeats Boston College.

Hockey East Championship game: Boston University defeats Northeastern.

ECAC Semifinal #2: Cornell defeats Princeton.

ECAC Semifinal #1: Yale defeats St. Lawrence.

ECAC Championship game: Yale defeats Cornell.

ECAC Consolation game: Princeton defeats St. Lawrence.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #2: RIT defeats Mercyhurst.

Atlantic Hockey Semifinal #1: Air Force defeats Bentley.

Atlantic Hockey Championship game: Air Force defeats RIT.

CCHA Semifinal #2: Michigan defeats Alaska.

CCHA Semifinal #1: Notre Dame defeats Northern Michigan.

CCHA Championship game: Notre Dame defeats Michigan.

CCHA Consolation game: Alaska defeats Northern Michigan.

WCHA Play-in #1: Minnesota-Duluth defeats Minnesota.

WCHA Semifinal #2: Denver defeats Wisconsin.

WCHA Semifinal #1: North Dakota defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

WCHA Championship game: North Dakota defeats Denver.

WCHA Consolation game: Wisconsin defeats Minnesota-Duluth.

I really wish Puffy would've kept his job. This boob, Muss, that's on with KFAN is really hard to listen to. He obviously isn't a great college hockey mind. He just said North Dakota is playing really well, especially their goalie ZACHARIUS! :lol:

I really wish Puffy would've kept his job. This boob, Muss, that's on with KFAN is really hard to listen to. He obviously isn't a great college hockey mind. He just said North Dakota is playing really well, especially their goalie ZACHARIUS! :lol:

I have been following the WCHA for almost 35 years and nothing has changed. When it comes to the WCHA it is still only the media and fans in Grand Forks, Duluth and to a lesser degree Wisconsin who have any idea of the lineups and issues of teams other than their own. Of course the Skippies still like to tell us all that they are the center of the college hockey universe, but once again the evidence to the contrary shows us all just how ridiculous and laughable their glee club truly is.

This would also support the notion that their small handfull of knowledgeable fans probably frequent this site as an opportunity to be better informed as I can't think of any other good reason to frequent another team's site.

wow, now martin may be out for DU, uw has a hell of a shot to land in the title game

no reugsegger for season, bozak is suppose to be back for regionals and now martin.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2009/03...concern-for-du/

I was thinking the same thing and Duluth would have a good shot a beating Denver in the consolation game as well. Denver is in the NCAAs regardless of the outcome so Gwoz isn't going to risk playing the injured he will need the following weekend. UND has a glorious opportunity to leapfrog Denver in the PWR but with the number one seed would wind up on the big ice surface to the south.

I definitely do not like the big ice. Big ice doesn't change much to a forwards game, but it definitely changes the approach of the dmen. Any little positioning mistake can turn into a clean look at the goalie. It exaccerbates positioning mistakes and exposes weaker skating dmen.

As much as I'd love for the Sioux to play at Mariucci in the regional (so I can attend), I think our odds are much better on an NHL surface.

I have been following the WCHA for almost 35 years and nothing has changed. When it comes to the WCHA it is still only the media and fans in Grand Forks, Duluth and to a lesser degree Wisconsin who have any idea of the lineups and issues of teams other than their own. Of course the Skippies still like to tell us all that they are the center of the college hockey universe, but once again the evidence to the contrary shows us all just how ridiculous and laughable their glee club truly is.

This would also support the notion that their small handfull of knowledgeable fans probably frequent this site as an opportunity to be better informed as I can't think of any other good reason to frequent another team's site.

:lol: Sioux fans are funny.

I don't know...Donny Lucia-pet has gone on record that the 3rd place games means nothing and his team has performed accordingly the past few years...

Fact check: Gophers have played in the Final 5 championship game the last 2 seasons. And really, the 3rd place game the previous 2 years didn't mean anything for them, as the #1 seed was locked up. Too bad that type of "means nothing" play carried into Regionals. :lol:

Fact check: Gophers have played in the Final 5 championship game the last 2 seasons. And really, the 3rd place game the previous 2 years didn't mean anything for them, as the #1 seed was locked up. Too bad that type of "means nothing" play carried into Regionals. :lol:

yeah that had to be frusterating for you gophs fans seeing that carry over. huge mistake by lucia and their mentality. thats 100% on him

On the contrary, maybe the 1 seed was locked up in 2005, but in 2006 Wisconsin leapfrogged UM by beating them in the 3rd place game. Granted, UW went from 2nd to 1st overall (and vice versa for the Gophs)...that made a pretty big difference for UW, and for UM...as their season was done the very next game :sad:

yeah that had to be frusterating for you gophs fans seeing that carry over. huge mistake by lucia and their mentality. thats 100% on him

I think the main reason the Gophers perform poorly in the third place game is because it's tough to come back the next afternoon after playing the night before. I'm not so sure it's about Lucia's mentality as much as others think. I'd love to see the WCHA get rid of the third place game. A team who is already in the NCAA tourney shouldn't have to risk injury to their best players just to claim third place a week before the most important part of the season.

What is even more funny is there is some in the media that think Minnesota will get in regardless of what happens this weekend

because the NCAA will do some tinkering and get the Goofs in because the BADgers made it last year.