SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 WCHA FINAL 5

AZSIOUX

WCHA.FinalFive.Logo.jpg

So we had 5 sweeps to set up the 2009 Final Five in St. Paul. That has to be a rare occurance. Can't wait for Thursday to watch the Gophers take on the UMD Bulldogs in the Thursday night play in game. The Sioux play the winner of that game while DU will battle UW Friday as well in the other semi-final. Congrats to the Sioux, Pioneers, Badgers, Gophers and Bulldogs on taking care of business in the WCHA opening round. Lets get ready for the best college hockey tourney of the year!! GO SIOUXXXXXXXXXXXX

PAIRWISE RANKINGS

und.gif

Overall Record: 24-12-4

WCHA: 17-7-4, 38 points

Home: 14-3-2

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im not sure when we will find out when the sioux play friday, i think it depends on if the gophers win or lose

man is the gophs/umd game gona be huge. the loser may have their season ended

cant wait!!

looks like uw will need to win it all to get in

du and und are locks, the other 3 are playing for thier ncaa lives potentially

im not sure when we will find out when the sioux play friday, i think it depends on if the gophers win or lose

cant wait!!

Another awesome Final 5 on tap for this year. One of my favorite weekends to be a college hockey fan!

WPoS is working on a tailgate for this year again, not sure if it will happen. We'll keep people posted on here if something comes up. Good chance for opposing fans to get together for a brew or twenty. ;)

cant wait!!

I think the Sioux get the night game regardless. They won't wait to announce it after Thursday because it's academic: Gophs win Thurs, get the night game. Gophs lose, Sioux get night game as #1 seed.

I think the Sioux get the night game regardless. They won't wait to announce it after Thursday because it's academic: Gophs win Thurs, get the night game. Gophs lose, Sioux get night game as #1 seed.

i agree they should tell them before hand but in reality the sioux should get the afternoon game to get play in winner on short rest and to potentially get longer rest for title game but i agree with you they have to give them a definite time

I'll be there section 119 row 21 in a vintage Sioux jersey supplied by one AZSioux! I know I owe MikeJM a beer from last year and I certainly hope to see SIouxmama and clan as well as Bob from Wisconsin again. We had fun last year, no?

Sioux have a great team this year. Tech played us tough all year, same as Bucky and the Dawgs. Anything can happen when the Sioux play DU and Minny...this is gonna be fun. 3 teams fighting for their NCAA lives...2 team looking to improve their PWR and seeding for the NCAAs and adding another acholade to the long list.

FIRED UP!

Yeah I think you are right. TH was certain that the Sioux will play Friday night either way, as it does make sense. Either way it's a Minny team playing against the Sioux.

Don't miss out on this Final Five. Buy the 5 game package, sit back, and enjoy. If you've ever considered making the trip, make sure you DO IT this year!

See you in St Paul among the thousands and thousands of Sioux fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO SIOUX!!!!!!!

Brad Schlossman posted on his blog that the Sioux will be playing in the Friday night game. Whether it's Minnesota or Minnesota-Duluth is yet to be determined.

cool, done deal

UM/UMD THURSDAY NIGHT

UW/DU FRIDAY AFTERNOON

SIOUX/UMD-UM WINNER FRIDAY NIGHT

I'll be there in ROW FIVE, section 114. My excitement for the Final Five has been growing since we got tickets back in January. Me and my superfan buddies will be there with bells on. We were even featured on the video compilation tonight after the MacNaughton presentation...finally some recognition for our dedication hahaha. Anyways, LET'S GO SIOUX! Let's go for three titles in '09.

I'll be there section 119 row 21 in a vintage Sioux jersey supplied by one AZSioux! I know I owe MikeJM a beer from last year and I certainly hope to see SIouxmama and clan as well as Bob from Wisconsin again. We had fun last year, no?

Siouxmama moved across the rink. The rest of the group will still be in section 119 rows 21 and 22!

FIRED UP!

I did move across to section 104 row 4, but I will be over to see you, at least once. :lol:;):D

Dunc will tie Porter for consecutive NCAA games played...another accolade for Ryan!

What a way to finish up his career at the Ralph tonight! One of my highlights as a Sioux fan will always be the Hobey Baker ceremony in St. Louis. Definitely an experience me and my family will never forget. Earlier that day, when the Hobey candidates were signing autographs, I stood in line with my kid to get a puck signed. Ryan went out of his way to thank us for making the trip and apologized for not getting the win for us. Just an all-around class act!

just hunches, the thursday game is gna be a 3-2 game and can go either way. whichever goalie makes the bigger saves , i like the smaller rink for umd and both golaies are playing very well right now. uw is desperate and will take out du to play the sioux after the sioux drop umd. umd season ends with losing to du and the sioux hoist their 2nd trophy of the year over uw and ending their season. this puts du and und as locks as 1 or 2 seeds and um and umd probably out by a thread. if um beats duluth they should be in along with du and und

PLAY IN GAME

UMD 3

UM 2

SEMI

UW 4

DU 2

SEMI

UND 4

UMD 3

3RD PLACE

DU 4

UMD 2

TITLE GAME

UND 5

UW 4

just hunches, the thursday game is gna be a 3-2 game and can go either way. whichever goalie makes the bigger saves , i like the smaller rink for umd and both golaies are playing very well right now. uw is desperate and will take out du to play the sioux after the sioux drop umd. umd season ends with losing to du and the sioux hoist their 2nd trophy of the year over uw and ending their season. this puts du and und as locks as 1 or 2 seeds and um and umd probably out by a thread. if um beats duluth they should be in along with du and und

PLAY IN GAME

UMD 3

UM 2

SEMI

UW 4

DU 2

SEMI

UND 4

UMD 3

3RD PLACE

DU 4

UMD 2

TITLE GAME

UND 5

UW 4

It's crazy to think that we could very well only have 2 teams from the WCHA in the NCAA's this year.