SiouxSports.com Forum

2009 WCHA FINAL 5

AZSIOUX

Thursday's play-in

Minnesota vs. Minnesota-Duluth, 7:07 p.m.

Friday's semis

Wisconsin vs. Denver, 2:07 p.m.

UND vs. Minnesota or Duluth, 7:07 p.m.

Saturday's finals

Third place, 2:07 p.m.

Championship, 7:07 p.m.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did he go down? I mean get injured ;) Not laughing at his injury, laughing at my joke

last night late i believe

http://blogs.denverpost.com/sports/2009/03...out-for-season/

he is their leading goal scorer and i wonder if bozak makes it back from his injury. those are pretty much theier best 2 players

he is their leading goal scorer and i wonder if bozak makes it back from his injury. those are pretty much theier best 2 players

Yeah, it sounds like Bozak will be cleared to begin full practices again on Monday, but probably won't play in his first game until the NCAA regionals.

Huge loss for them next weekend if they are missing both Ruegsegger and Bozak.

Bozak was supposed to be back for the Final Five next weekend but now they were saying it might not be until Regionals. Thats what I read on the LetsgoDU blog this past week at least.

Bozak was supposed to be back for the Final Five next weekend but now they were saying it might not be until Regionals. Thats what I read on the LetsgoDU blog this past week at least.

wow, like taking stoa and barriball or duncan and vv off the sioux or gophers. big blow for du for final 5

want to give a shout out to the umd bulldogs and uaa seawolves. first the seawolves as man they play hard and they showed it by taking care of umd last weekend and giving du all they can handle this weekend. props to uaa for a strong finish. also props to umd, they could have folded so easily after their bad weekend vs uaa but man did they bounce back and take care of a very good cc team. very inconsistent vut good cc team so props to all dog fans out there, umd dogz, DHG, and all others. hell of a goalie and he has done more than people realize i think as their D isnt that great overall.

go sioux

go dogz

go beavers!! had to throw in some love for my hometown beavs!!

Here's the homer prediction (and realist prediction):

Thursday:

UMD - 4 (UMD 3, UM 2)

UM - 2

Friday:

DU - 1 (UW 2, DU 1)

UW - 4

UND - 2

UMD - 3 OT (UND 4, UMD 3)

Saturday:

UND - 5 (UMD 3, DU 1)

DU - 0

UMD - 3 (UND 5, UW 4 OT)

UW - 2

My daughter and I will be there...Sec. 121 Row 24!

Going to have some fun before we have to start sand bagging for the flood of '09. :lol: They said the flood of '97 was a 500 year flood and the Forum said today that there was a 1 in 3 chance it floods to the '97 level or higher. I'm not real good at "maff", but that is way less than 500 years! ;)

I do think that UMD is going to be hungrier on Thursday. Less entitled, more willing to work for it.

UMD should come right out and hammer the Goofs, check them right into the street.

Crash the net hard the Goofs will fold like a tent.

I think people are missing the fact that Sandy put together a pretty darn good team up in D town. UMD was hit hard with early departures too. THey have a highly touted kid coming in next year as well. The DOgs will come to play.

UMD has good players and I wouldn't count them out yet.

For some reason I'm more excited for this years final five then in previous years. The Thursday night matchup is similar to last year, but I really think that the way the dogs and the gophers are playing will make it a fantastic game. I'm not one to make predictions, but that game is very capable of being a 1-1 or 2-2 OT thriller (now saying that it will be 7-6 :lol:).

The 2-3 game should be a good one with Denver and Bucky. I give the advantage to Bucky with Denver's top two players being out, and I expect the badgers to bring a mighty voice to the X on Thursday afternoon after not being there last season. Another great goaltending matchup in that one.

I don't know what to think of the Sioux right now. I'm glad they swept Tech but both nights there were good stretches where they were outplayed. I hope it goes to that old adage that its tough to end a teams season, and I guess UND did lose on Saturday night last season, so you could say that good teams find a way to win when they aren't playing their best hockey. At least we don't have to hold our breath after last years series....Tech had my heartbeat up quite a bit last season....jerks... ;)

Alright, here go my predictions:

Play in

Minnesota 3 Duluth 2 in OT

Semis

Wisconsin 4 Denver 2

Minnesota 3 UND 2 (Minnesota benefiting again from the chance to have an entire day break)

3rd Place

UND 5 Denver 1

Championship

Wisconsin 4 Minnesota 3

For some reason I'm more excited for this years final five then in previous years. The Thursday night matchup is similar to last year, but I really think that the way the dogs and the gophers are playing will make it a fantastic game. I'm not one to make predictions, but that game is very capable of being a 1-1 or 2-2 OT thriller (now saying that it will be 7-6 :lol:).

The 2-3 game should be a good one with Denver and Bucky. I give the advantage to Bucky with Denver's top two players being out, and I expect the badgers to bring a mighty voice to the X on Thursday afternoon after not being there last season. Another great goaltending matchup in that one.

I don't know what to think of the Sioux right now. I'm glad they swept Tech but both nights there were good stretches where they were outplayed. I hope it goes to that old adage that its tough to end a teams season, and I guess UND did lose on Saturday night last season, so you could say that good teams find a way to win when they aren't playing their best hockey. At least we don't have to hold our breath after last years series....Tech had my heartbeat up quite a bit last season....jerks... ;)

Play in

Semis

Wisconsin 4 Denver 2

Minnesota 3 UND 2 (Minnesota benefiting again from the chance to have an entire day break)

3rd Place

UND 5 Denver 1

Championship

Wisconsin 4 Minnesota 3

and we will have a 6 day break :D

i cant wait either. its looking like thursdays game will be a season ender for the loser

Play in

Semis

Wisconsin 4 Denver 2

3rd Place

UND 5 Denver 1

Championship

Wisconsin 4 Minnesota 3

I don't care if the opponents outplay us, outshoot us, etc. As long as we win that's all that matters. What you said is key, good teams find a way to win -- which is what we have done time and time again this season. I don't care if we play the worst game of our lives as long as we win. And I definitely can't see Minnesota doing all that much at the Final Five based on how they've played lately. If they had to play any other team besides st cloud in the first round, I don't think they'd even be there. And Minny can say Kangas is back all they want. I'll believe it when I see it....NEXT YEAR. 3 games doesn't justify anything to me. We will see what happens this weekend.