SiouxSports.com Forum

MACNAUGHTON CUP CHAMPS @ BADgers

AZSIOUX

Wow, now 4-2 UAA over UMD...UAA goalie with 46 saves so far.

That game is almost over.

DU might have their hands full (we can hope so!).

du will sweep them like we will sweep tech and i look forward to a potential title game match up with du

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now 4-2 UAA over UMD...UAA goalie with 46 saves so far.

That game is almost over.

DU might have their hands full (we can hope so!).

It wouldn't be the first time Denver doesn't make it past the WCHA first-round playoffs while playing at home. :sad:

2005-2006 and 2006-2007 seasons come to my mind where they lost to UMD and UW respectively in the first-round while playing at Magness.

Which effectively ruined there chances of getting into the national tournament both seasons. :sad: Sadly there a lock this year :(

Well, I think Blais would have them running up and down stairs.

It's definitely important for Hak to get on them starting now. Playoffs are upon them, and it's a one and done situation. The upper-classmen know really really well what that's like

BUT I have to point out what someone else said, that in 1998 UND beat UMD to clinch the cup and then lost on Saturday 8-0. That was with Blais behind the bench.

They'll be ready for Tech, and hopefully I'll be there Friday for the cup!

Will do. The webcast is posted on the UW site so does that make them the owners and the announcers their employees? Do the letters go to the athletic department? Admin? Liberal Arts Dept?

I'd direct it to there Athletic Communications department. Seems like the best fit.

I'd send it to

Justin Doherty

Assistant Athletic Director for Communications

jmd@athletics.wisc.edu

Sioux are now in 8th in the PWR after the loss to UW.

UMN stays at 17.

BC is at 19.

UW at 20.

Going to be hard for any of those three to make it, unless they win the conference tourney.

Would like to stay at 8 or above to keep a #2 seed and get the last change as "home" team.

UM is going to be a dangerous team in the next couple weeks. Provided there is an upset or two, which is a huge wish for them, I could see them winning the F5. Otherwise, as most play-in game winners, they'll probably run out of gas by the end of game 2 if they make it that far.

Here's to avoiding BC permanently this year! :sad:

fingers crossed

I'd direct it to there Athletic Communications department. Seems like the best fit.

E-mail address is contactus@uwbadgers.com

Thanks. I think I'll cc it to a bunch of others as well.

I'm on an island, no where to go, lots of time for letters!

Not looking for controversy, just wanna know...

If the Goofs are in 5th place, do they still play the Friday night game?

if they make it there to begin with then if all top seeds win they have to win the play in game thursday night as well to get to friday. if it all went to form 1-5 we would play them friday anyhow if they won the play in game as we are the 1 seed so im guessing that would be there friday night showdown instead of the 1 seed playing earlier friday to have more rest for saturday. i personally dont care. its the same way every year. just win

not to ruffle any feathers...but why don't we keep the false outrage, over something that was (and i'm sure of it) non malicious, put out over the internet, for free, for our viewing pleasure, to a dull roar. you really wanna make a fuss and have someone get canned over something as little as a soundbyte. we have a big battle ahead of us re: KEEPING OUR NICKNAME, one that has been used to honor the Sioux Nation for many years. let's not stoop to the levels of those we're trying to convince of our own arguments.

to add to the real convo at hand, the sioux power play. we got a week to tweak it!

Go Sioux!

Wow, big difference between ss.com and CHN pwr.

Must be due to UMD loss?

Now ss.com showing UMN at 13 as well.

That is absolutely amazing that a team that has stunk so badly in the past month (or longer) can still be on the verge of making it into the NCAA's.

That said, if they do, they're 1st opponent would probably be BU, ND, or UMich.

BRING IT!

Now ss.com showing UMN at 13 as well.

That is absolutely amazing that a team that has stunk so badly in the past month (or longer) can still be on the verge of making it into the NCAA's.

That said, if they do, they're 1st opponent would probably be BU, ND, or UMich.

not to ruffle any feathers...but why don't we keep the false outrage, over something that was (and i'm sure of it) non malicious, put out over the internet, for free, for our viewing pleasure, to a dull roar. you really wanna make a fuss and have someone get canned over something as little as a soundbyte. we have a big battle ahead of us re: KEEPING OUR NICKNAME, one that has been used to honor the Sioux Nation for many years. let's not stoop to the levels of those we're trying to convince of our own arguments.

to add to the real convo at hand, the sioux power play. we got a week to tweak it!

Go Sioux!

Sorry, but you are wrong. This is the very reason we have a fight to keep the nickname. This is the type of situation that needs to be confronted. I sent the following email to UW.

During the Saturday March 7 webcast of the UW-UND hockey game there was an incident that went out over the internet broadcast that needs to be addressed. During commercial breaks in the broadcast, the microphones for the UW announcers remain live. During one of the breaks late in the game, one of the UW announcers was doing mock Indian chants. Those mock chants were broadcast across the internet. As an alumni of the University of North Dakota, I am appalled and offended by this behavior. It is clearly a lack on judgement, a lack of appropriate behavior, and a total disregard for the culture and heritage of Native Americans. Rest assured that I will be sending notification of this activity to both the University of North Dakota and to the NCAA. The University of Wisconsin owes a sincere apology to Native Americans and to the University of North Dakota.

Go Sioux!

Not to disparage your cool, calm assessment of the situation but who the heck are you to tell me that what I'm feeling is 'false outrage'. Losing our nickname has a lot, if not everything, to do with actions like what the announcers did. We aren't the ones who have sullied the name nor the use of the name. It's the actions of students from schools like NDSU and JBSU and this idiot UW announcer that have upset the Native Americans. Part of their stance is that if we didn't have a Native American name and logo these insulting occurrences wouldn't happen. Ignoring them as you want me to do, will not support our use of the name and logo.