SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs CC

AZSIOUX

I think Brad Schlossman was right on during the game.

VV and Zajac's lines were amazing today.

Kozek was all over the place.

Malone was a one man wrecking crew out there. However, there was a point where Malone powered through the CC D and made a run with the puck to get a great scoring chance. I think Malone needs to develop this more. He seems to be pretty fast for a kid his size and very much a power forward. He needs to learn how to use that to his advantage at this level.

It's odd this year special teams wise.

We go from atrocious PP to ok to pretty good PP and back to atrocious.

Our PK, imo, has regressed. It started out ok, then got really really good, and now is starting to slip back down into crapsville.

It's not crap yet, but it's slipping.

THAT worries me, especially with WCHA officiating being as inconsistent (and incompetent) as it has been.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couple of questions popped into my head:

1. Marto. Poke check. Make anyone nervous yet? He relied on it a bunch Sunday.

2. Is it possible they actually practice that shot that resulted in Zajac's game-winner? That's the second time the exact same scenario has resulted in a huge goal. The first time it happened I heard one of the particpants mention the "work on that". Low, far-side pad; playing the carom for the easy clean-up by the trailer. That's a great play, if it is a play.

Couple of questions popped into my head:

1. Marto. Poke check. Make anyone nervous yet? He relied on it a bunch Sunday.

2. Is it possible they actually practice that shot that resulted in Zajac's game-winner? That's the second time the exact same scenario has resulted in a huge goal. The first time it happened I heard one of the particpants mention the "work on that". Low, far-side pad; playing the carom for the easy clean-up by the trailer. That's a great play, if it is a play.

marto can skate with the best of them. maybe just a off night. nobody on this team worries me really. solid all around

it was stated they do practice that and pretty much every hockey team does actually at most levels as its a hell of a play coming down the side. its done a few times every game but not as noticeable obviously when the 2nd guy doesnt follow it in with a goal. great job by the sioux!!

BE with 21 wins

goehring had 23 overall in 97/98 as a freshman

beflour had 29 wins 86/87 as a freshman

hell os a start for BE and the team in front of him. lets get 2 more this weekend, 2 in wcha playoffs and 2 in final 5 then just 4 more in ncaa tourney :(:(

BE with 21 wins

goehring had 23 overall in 87/98 as a freshman

hell os a start for BE and the team in front of him. lets get 2 more this weekend, 2 in wcha playoffs and 2 in final 5 then just 4 more in ncaa tourney :lol::(

Goehring had one hell of a long freshman year... :( Sorry, couldn't resist.

Our PK, imo, has regressed. It started out ok, then got really really good, and now is starting to slip back down into crapsville.

It's not crap yet, but it's slipping.

THAT worries me, especially with WCHA officiating being as inconsistent (and incompetent) as it has been.

Biggest single difference in this area is the loss of LaPoint. Jones is doing alright paired with Marto as the second set of D on the PK, but Pointer had really come a long way on the kill. Just can't replace that.

Dave

BE with 21 wins

goehring had 23 overall in 97/98 as a freshman

hell os a start for BE and the team in front of him. lets get 2 more this weekend, 2 in wcha playoffs and 2 in final 5 then just 4 more in ncaa tourney :lol::(

Lets see 21 + 2 + 2 +2 + 4 = 31 :(

Biggest single difference in this area is the loss of LaPoint. Jones is doing alright paired with Marto as the second set of D on the PK, but Pointer had really come a long way on the kill. Just can't replace that.

Dave

Also not having Trupp for most of last weekend on the penalty kill and not having in my opinion our best penalty killing forward Gregiore today certainly throws things out of whack a little bit on the kill.

I would question if the Tigers get that far. Remember UND went to UAA and teams struggle the week after playing in Anchorage.

Alaska may have been a factor but in the post game comments Duncan mentioned how good CC is and even mentioned Rau by name as the best player the Sioux have come up against this season.

CC was the best team i've seen this year for sure...I am happy with the gritty 3 of 4 point weekend. These kind of wins build much more character than 8-3 or 6-1 wins.

CC had the best line, but I think Denver is a stronger team. Is it just me or does Lampl (#2) on CC look like he was just released from prison. Are those neck tats?

CC had the best line, but I think Denver is a stronger team. Is it just me or does Lampl (#2) on CC look like he was just released from prison. Are those neck tats?

Noticed neck tats on Morin for USA's U-18 team vs. Bemidji State on Sat. Night, too. I guess that must be "cool"?

I think that might be one of the best lines in College Hockey but I think DU is better. I heard that Lampl got in some trouble

and was suspended for a long time.

Yes, they are. My daughter had tickets on Saturday right behind the CC bench and she commented on them. Said something about a skeleton and a few other things involved with the tatoo. Said it was "hideous."

Yes, they are. My daughter had tickets on Saturday right behind the CC bench and she commented on them. Said something about a skeleton and a few other things involved with the tatoo. Said it was "hideous."

The guy looks like he skates around with a knife stashed in his pads somewhere. He got in trouble for sexual misconduct and lying.

May be the reason he is the only Tiger without a picture in their online roster.