SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs. Pioneers

siouxnami

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I think DU played well enough to win. UND played well enough to prevent DU from winning.

We were atrocious on discipline all weekend long.

The radio integrity was much worse. :glare:

I could only listen to maybe 3 periods all weekend long. 3rd period Friday and 1st two tonight.

Amazing how easy it was for DU to get on the PP.

Gwoz did what he could in the second to counter Hextall from last night. He put his players mind back in the game, and they outworked the Sioux for the remainder. It was good to come out with the tie, the way Denver played.

Eidsness is, without a doubt, a stud between the pipes.

Need to bring that intensity back for next weekend! The McNaughton is still within reach!

Go Sioux!!

Eidsness salvaged a point out of this game for us. Which is good cause we need a goalie that can do that for us.

Sioux played a little to sloppy in the 3rd and OT yet they still were able to generate some scoring chances.

Overall, I'm happy with the outcome of this series. While it's not a sweep, getting 3 points out of the weekend is great.

GO SIOUX!!

Hak said he thought Denver came out with some urgency and the Sioux just didn't quite have their A game tonite, maybe some heavy legs. Going to have some games like that and gutted out a tie tonite. Eidsness stole a point for us tonite, he's going to have to do that sometimes.

Thought the Sioux had a couple good shifts to start the 3rd but then had to kill the penalties. Frattin and Finley both were poor decisions (players, not the calls). Would have preferred they left Gwoz on the bench and not called 4 straight on the Sioux.

On TV Sweeney asked what Hak thought of the fact the Sioux were called for 5 straight penalties after Gwoz was tossed and Hak said he was glad Sweeney recognized that, and he might have mentioned that to the ref during the game. Other than that he wouldn't comment on Gwoz's antics.

Hak is classic.

No comment on the dashboard troll.

Glad Sweeney recognized the 5-0 penalty ratio.

Hak is Mr Subliminal...........

What did you think of his antics? "I would crush that little prick if I had the chance"

Didn't expect you to answer if you were uncomfortable "Chuck Norris, Ditka, Shaq, Sweeney, all dead!!! Any other questions?"

We're getting to that time of year when goaltending means everything, and it's huge that BE had the kind of game he had tonight. He's been very good this year, but this was he first showing that he can be the difference maker against a playoff caliber team. The point is nice, but getting that game out of Eidsness is bigger IMO.

Speaking of points, is anyone else a little concerned that pairwise points might be hard to come by from here to the FF, given the low rankings of the teams we will play from here on out? I don't understand the system very well (even Algebra made my head hurt), but there don't appear to be many point-rich weekends ahead.