SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

it was :D

Not for me :D:(;)

As penance for humor-impairment this afternoon, I'll share one more interesting effort. There's been a lot of speculation about what UND needs to do to make the tournament. Here's what UND's PWR could look like at the end of the regular season, based on how many remaining games they win. Obviously these ranges are much broader and much more subject to change than a single weekend forecast:

pwrendofseason20090129.gif

A PWR of 13 is possible with winning 60%, a tossup with 70%, becomes likely with 80%.

I'm done for the week. Someone can now jump in and post "just win!"

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for me :D :D :(

As penance for humor-impairment this afternoon, I'll share one more interesting effort. There's been a lot of speculation about what UND needs to do to make the tournament. Here's what UND's PWR could look like at the end of the regular season, based on how many remaining games they win. Obviously these ranges are much broader and much more subject to change than a single weekend forecast:

Just Win Baby

Not for me :D :D :(

A PWR of 13 is possible with winning 60%, a tossup with 70%, becomes likely with 80%.

Your analysis is the best on the net. Simply outstanding!

• 2 weeks later...

This week's forecast is up.

Here's the weekend chart:

pwrpredict20090216.gif

If ever there was a time to cue a "gotta win"... I've never seen it so skewed in all six weeks we've been doing this :angry:

More details (regular season outlook, who to cheer for this weekend) on the other end of the link. After last week's hasty error I sanity-checked the "who we want to win", but am reassured that Siouxweet will notice any errors.

We are going to hold off on that campaign.

ABBA would be waaay better than that stupid Boston song they keep playing all the time, "Sweet Caroline". It just brings back nightmares from Black Thursday and the Frozen Four last year and the BC band playin' it all the time. I really hate those guys. :angry: I wish Sheppard wouldn't have let 'em win the whole thing. I bought a lot of devastated Notre Dame fans beer cuz he couldn't tell the difference between North Dakota and Notre Dame. :ohmy:

This week's forecast is up.

Here's the weekend chart:

pwrpredict20090216.gif

If ever there was a time to cue a "gotta win"... I've never seen it so skewed in all six weeks we've been doing this :angry:

More details (regular season outlook, who to cheer for this weekend) on the other end of the link. After last week's hasty error I sanity-checked the "who we want to win", but am reassured that Siouxweet will notice any errors.

thanks jim!! again

Isn't that Neil Diamond?

You betcha!

Last year when I was in Boston for the regular season games (infamous fog game at BC and then Northeastern), we went to Fenway to take in the atmosphere of game 6 of the ALCS after the NE game. In the middle of the 8th inning or so, they played the song at Fenway, and every single person in the stadium was singing it at the top of their lungs, as well as the thousands upon thousands of fans outside the stadium. It was one of the coolest things ever, haha.

You betcha!

Last year when I was in Boston for the regular season games (infamous fog game at BC and then Northeastern), we went to Fenway to take in the atmosphere of game 6 of the ALCS after the NE game. In the middle of the 8th inning or so, they played the song at Fenway, and every single person in the stadium was singing it at the top of their lungs, as well as the thousands upon thousands of fans outside the stadium. It was one of the coolest things ever, haha.

Oh yeah, that is very cool! I've been to Fenway for a Red Sox game too, and that's what I looked forward to the most! haha

You betcha!

It is one of the best sporting event songs...very dependent on the crowd, whether at Fenway or Camp Randall. Jump Around isn't too bad either!