SiouxSports.com Forum

(PWR) PairWise Rankings - 2009

jimdahl

• Replies 726
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how the hell are the gophers still in there the whole time they have been sucking and we bairly get in when we been playin well.

because its a SEASON not how you are playing now or 2 months back when we sucked and they were awesome. the pairwise is a device thats measures who beats who and much more than that. the top 14 usually get in with other auto bids for the last couple spots. we have been winning after getting in a big whole therefor we are 13 and they have been sinking like the titanic so as of now they are out. lots of hockey left though

they will be in it as they are a host team - count on it

if they are top 14 or win the final they will, if not then its golfing time. if they lose tonight they could sink even further down vs a fiesty uaa team

with this system the get the gophers in the tourney theory wont work :huh: so they will put the sioux there knowing grand forks and surrounding areaa will shut dow for the weekend and pack the X :huh:

if they are top 14 or win the final they will, if not then its golfing time. if they lose tonight they could sink even further down vs a fiesty uaa team

with this system the get the gophers in the tourney theory wont work :huh: so they will put the sioux there knowing grand forks and surrounding areaa will shut dow for the weekend and pack the X ;)

We can only hope it is nice enough for them to golf. :huh: Just for the record isn't the regional this season at the John and the more neutral Xcel the year after. :)

with this system the get the gophers in the tourney theory wont work :huh: so they will put the sioux there knowing grand forks and surrounding areaa will shut dow for the weekend and pack the X :huh:

where was sconny ranked last year?

Princeton defeated by St. Lawrence this afternoon...that's got to help a little bit.

Brings that #10 spot a little closer to us, slowly reducing the gap between 10 and 11 in the RPI.

Edit:

Mich State beat Ohio State 2-1. Puts us in a tie w/ UNH for 12th in the PWR.

Take a look at the UND - Notre Dame comparison.

It appears to me that the COp is incorrect. The Sioux are 1-2-2 against COp whereas ND is 1-1.

It doesn't make much of a difference other than that ND wins the comparison outright instead of by RPI.

It's also wrong on USCHO.

Edit: Nevermind, I think I figured it out. Since Notre Dame hasn't played Michigan State yet, they technically aren't a common opponent.

with this system the get the gophers in the tourney theory wont work ;) so they will put the sioux there knowing grand forks and surrounding areaa will shut dow for the weekend and pack the X :)

If it started today I don't think there's any way they put the Sioux here in Minneapolis, since we would be here.

No doubt. Another horrible game for Kangas and we got the win. We won't be going anywhere if he continues this play, maybe make the tournament and if so, 1 and done. Now if he goes back to early season form....watch out

Far be it from me to stick up for Kangas or a Gophers player, however, I would put the blame on the road cones/pylons in the Gophers defense corps. If your defense fails to do it's job eventually it comes back to bite them. I think Patterson would get shelled just as bad as Kangas against MSU-M, UND and Wisconsin.

Everyone loves the Back up goalie until he goes in and proves the fans wrong. I would be willing to bet you that if Patterson was in net against the Sioux he still gives up a bunch of goals as well.

Far be it from me to stick up for Kangas or a Gophers player, however, I would put the blame on the road cones/pylons in the Gophers defense corps. If your defense fails to do it's job eventually it comes back to bite them. I think Patterson would get shelled just as bad as Kangas against MSU-M, UND and Wisconsin.

Everyone loves the Back up goalie until he goes in and proves the fans wrong. I would be willing to bet you that if Patterson was in net against the Sioux he still gives up a bunch of goals as well.

I agree.

Gopher D is atrocious this year.

Patterson wasn't perfect against the Sioux. He gave up at least a goal a night in his 2 periods or so of play.

Oh absolutely, I agree with you 100 percent. If you put him in against the Sioux, he gives up just as many (probably more) goals. But that's not the games I'm talking about. I totally agree those were due to traffic cone defenders and some of the most breakaways I've ever seen. I'll blame defense for the high goal totals in the UND and Mankato series. But Wisconsin (and even AA) fall on Kangas. Although he didn't give up a ton of goals, the ones he did were TERRIBLE. Both last night and the night before were very nonchalant. The one yesterday where he got beat short side was horrific. He has been playing terrible as of late.

By the way, when Patterson has been in against those teams, he has done quite well. Kangas just seems to be in some type of mental funk, making ridiculous mistakes that no Division 1 goalie should ever make. The D has been better these last 2 series and we've been getting more scoring opportunities, even though, I know, we only have 3 points the last 2 weekends.

That being said, if the D continues to improve and Kangas gets his head on straight, I see no reason why this team can't return to early season form and make a serious run. It can really go either way, who knows, that's the beauty of it!

It seems that the Gophers have trouble keeping good goalies good in recent years. What's going on?

Our goalies have sucked for years and years and years.

Two exceptions.

1. Weber in the 1st period of the '03 Frozen Four vs. Michigan.

2. Kangas the second half of last year. He did have a rough stretch last year as well, but it didn't last as long as this current funk.

Our goalies have sucked for years and years and years.

Two exceptions.

1. Weber in the 1st period of the '03 Frozen Four vs. Michigan.

2. Kangas the second half of last year. He did have a rough stretch last year as well, but it didn't last as long as this current funk.

its all mental with AK right now. amazing how that can happen but it does and especially as that position. will be interestimg how you guys fair in the springs