SiouxSports.com Forum

UND, NDSU, & the Legislature

SiouxCrew11

But only half of that half can read.....................so you're really only pissing off 1/4 of the state. ???

you do realize that statiscally ND has some of the best teachers in the nation right? Other states continually ask ND to send their students who become teachers to them because our states educate some of the best teachers in the nation. So, more than half of the state can read.

That said, my feelings on the subject are that if this is just because some people want to see the game played, than the legislature should stay out of it. If the legislature is getting involved in this because some how UND and NDSU playing together will help the state, then I am all for them getting involved. This is because the legislature is elected to do what is good for the state.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, I agree with clones from Fargo on this point...Quit asking NDSU to play us...We don't need it! Period! Next year I'm going to see the Sioux put up a courageous attempt at winning against a DI team that was ranked #1 in the country last year for a couple of weeks!!! Why would I want to go to Fargo with a good chance of winning against the Ag School and forfiet these types of opportunities with real teams and in the real spotlight. NDSU wants to align itself with the BIG 10 teams and that fan base and I'm in favor of pushing the conference relationships that our AD can build with the BIG 12 and the Southwest conferences - maybe we look better for BigSky or whomever. In addition, I could give a rat's ass what Fargo and its college does...Give up on all the coombya bull$%!# about North Dakota athletics and football tradition because its gone and done with every new years recruiting class from Texas, California, or anywhere in the deep South. The best lesson in this is to compare our progress to ourselves and not someone else - if we do that, then we can gaurantee that we will exceed our goals and most likely be playing a different group of teams outside of the MVFC and let the infants in Fargo boast about their greatness in the shadows of Minneapolis....

BobIwabuchiFan

You're too late.

UND already moved to DI.

UND will be playing games against NDSU in a few years.

UND will be playing Minnesota in as many sports as they can schedule.

It's 2009, not 2003.

If the legislature is getting involved in this because some how UND and NDSU playing together will help the state, then I am all for them getting involved. This is because the legislature is elected to do what is good for the state.

It would help the state if the game was played in Fargo every year... as 6500 more fans could watch the game live

Too late for what? I never stated that UND shouldn't go division I...What I'm stating is to quit trying to schedule with NDSU because people don't really give a !@#$...Lastly, we already schedule more games against minnesota every year than you do... :glare: So what's your point again?:love:

BobIwabuchiFan

You're too late.

UND already moved to DI.

UND will be playing games against NDSU in a few years.

UND will be playing Minnesota in as many sports as they can schedule.

It's 2009, not 2003.

Too late for what? I never stated that UND shouldn't go division I...What I'm stating is to quit trying to schedule with NDSU because people don't really give a !@#$...Lastly, we already schedule more games against minnesota every year than you do... :glare: So what's your point again????

BobIwabuchiFan

Really? NDSU played Minnesota in basketball, wrestling, volleyball, baseball and soccer just off the top of my head. What does UND play the UofM in other than hockey? :love: Not that it matters much but I'm sure UND will schedule MN in other sports once the whole Sioux name gets figured out which is pure BS but it is what it is.

I think people do give a !@#$ but nothing is going to happen until someone picks up the phone and says let's work something out and get some games scheduled in any sport. It only makes sense for both schools to play in baseball, softball, volleyball and even basketball. I'd much rather watch a Bison-Sioux basketball game than any school from the DAC or NSIC and I'm sure most here would agree with that as well. Football will be harder but that will get done too, maybe not every year but I think it will happen down the road.

Really? NDSU played Minnesota in basketball, wrestling, volleyball, baseball and soccer just off the top of my head. What does UND play the UofM in other than hockey? :glare: Not that it matters much but I'm sure UND will schedule MN in other sports once the whole Sioux name gets figured out which is pure BS but it is what it is.

I think people do give a !@#$ but nothing is going to happen until someone picks up the phone and says let's work something out and get some games scheduled in any sport. It only makes sense for both schools to play in baseball, softball, volleyball and even basketball. I'd much rather watch a Bison-Sioux basketball game than any school from the DAC or NSIC and I'm sure most here would agree with that as well. Football will be harder but that will get done too, maybe not every year but I think it will happen down the road.

Yes, thank you for you post...............go home now. We are so insignificant yet you still hang around?

I personally agree with everything in you post except the last part. I personally think that once everything finally gets sorted out and feelings from both sides are done being hurt the game will be an every year deal. It will be to big not to be. This is just my opinion and I am sure someone will jump all over me but when the day comes that UND has NDSU and Minnesota (for example) on their schedule, if I had to pick tickets for one it would be the NDSU game. Just my two cents. Lots to get figured out before that day though.

It would help the state if the game was played in Fargo every year... as 6500 more fans could watch the game live

How about we play in Fargo every year a WHITE bison is born in North Dakota? People in the state don't care how many can watch it live...just how many can see it statewide on TV! (dick!)

How about we play in Fargo every year a WHITE bison is born in North Dakota? People in the state don't care how many can watch it live...just how many can see it statewide on TV! (dick!)

Well, if the legislature is so concerned about making the game happen in the best interest of the state, why not subsidize the cost of the tickets? Why should only those with means be able to enjoy this rivalry on the 50 yard line? They are state institutions after all. And is the capacity of the Alerus or Fargodome really enough? Perhaps a larger outdoor statdium should be built so more people have the opportunity to enrich their lives with this game. The possibilities are endless when state government with an operating surplus gets involved.

you do realize that statiscally ND has some of the best teachers in the nation right? Other states continually ask ND to send their students who become teachers to them because our states educate some of the best teachers in the nation. So, more than half of the state can read.

:glare: Pretty sure that quote was just a jab at NDSU and not an attack on the quality of the education system in ND.

:glare: Pretty sure that quote was just a jab at NDSU and not an attack on the quality of the education system in ND.

either way it is not nice to say because what I said is true....it pisses me off when people attack the state of North Dakota or call us redneck hicks who aren't that smart. But whatever I said what I have to say on this matter.

Too late for what? I never stated that UND shouldn't go division I...What I'm stating is to quit trying to schedule with NDSU because people don't really give a !@#$...Lastly, we already schedule more games against minnesota every year than you do... :glare: So what's your point again? :love:

BobIwabuchiFan

My point was that your post was an anti-DI, anti-scheduling NDSU in football post circa 2003/04 when the series was canceled.

You're too late because UND is already moving to DI and is already going to be scheduling NDSU.

And you made some weird point about Fargo being in the shadow of Minneapolis, which I could only assume was about NDSU trying to get on Minnesota's schedule in as many sports as possible. To which, UND will most definitely be trying to schedule Minnesota in as many sports as possible, including football.

• 2 weeks later...
My point was that your post was an anti-DI, anti-scheduling NDSU in football post circa 2003/04 when the series was canceled.

You're too late because UND is already moving to DI and is already going to be scheduling NDSU.

And you made some weird point about Fargo being in the shadow of Minneapolis, which I could only assume was about NDSU trying to get on Minnesota's schedule in as many sports as possible. To which, UND will most definitely be trying to schedule Minnesota in as many sports as possible, including football.

You are right again...Everyone wants to play with NDSU again...How could I be soo wrong on that call!! I think once you get away from this message board, most people would rather play montana or montana st than play NDSU...The luster is gone and when the name changes, so will the fight for Nickel. But, I'm sure you will tell me that we can create a new trophy...Maybe like the mile marker of the I-29 sign trophy. Good luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

You are right again...Everyone wants to play with NDSU again...How could I be soo wrong on that call!! I think once you get away from this message board, most people would rather play montana or montana st than play NDSU...The luster is gone and when the name changes, so will the fight for Nickel. But, I'm sure you will tell me that we can create a new trophy...Maybe like the mile marker of the I-29 sign trophy. Good luck....

BobIwabuchiFan

No offense Bob but although games against those two schools would be fun I would rather play the Bison. Playing in those games was great. I've spoken to Bison players who play'd the same time I did and they agree and would like to see it continue. A lot of people that speak to me about not wanting to play it are people that never played it. Although some who played it say it doesn't matter either so it goes both ways. This is just my opinion.

BobIwabuchiFan

Don't be rediculous or downright dishonest. THe majority of North Dakota residients want NDSU to play UND in football again.

And they'll just make a new Nickel when the name/logo changes.

Don't be rediculous or downright dishonest. THe majority of North Dakota residients want NDSU to play UND in football again.

And they'll just make a new Nickel when the name/logo changes.

Where are your facts and links to back this up? Yeah that's what I thought more spew from your backside. :lol:

Yeah, it lost this time but this won't be the last time the state takes this matter up. The two schools probably won't play for a long time without intervention of the legislature. Here is my prediction. In 2012, Gene Taylor will introduce some entirely unacceptable proposal for play between the two schools in football. Such as UND traveling to Fargo every year or every few years. There will not be an offer of a return game or a return to the alternating series. At this point, Faison and Kelly need to stand firm and tell Gene there will no game until the alternating series is re-started. The cold war in the media and here on the internet will continue and probably worsen for another 4-5 years before either the legislature takes it up again or more rational leadership takes over at NDSU. We will most likely not see another Sioux-Bison game for another 8-10 years and the only people it will really hurt are the state and the fans of the two universities. The Sioux football program would neither be helped or hurt for lack of playing the Bison. Both programs will probably thrive and there will be alot of meaningful games played against other FCS universities. However, no matter how exciting these matchup will be, none will match the intensity or interest generated by renewing the series. Any argument that it will is foolish, unless your the type of fan who thinks the Michigan- Appalachian state game is equally as intense a rivalry as the Ohio State- Michigan game simply because the same number of people are there.

Yeah, it lost this time but this won't be the last time the state takes this matter up. The two schools probably won't play for a long time without intervention of the legislature. Here is my prediction. In 2012, Gene Taylor will introduce some entirely unacceptable proposal for play between the two schools in football. Such as UND traveling to Fargo every year or every few years. There will not be an offer of a return game or a return to the alternating series. At this point, Faison and Kelly need to stand firm and tell Gene there will no game until the alternating series is re-started. The cold war in the media and here on the internet will continue and probably worsen for another 4-5 years before either the legislature takes it up again or more rational leadership takes over at NDSU. We will most likely not see another Sioux-Bison game for another 8-10 years and the only people it will really hurt are the state and the fans of the two universities. The Sioux football program would neither be helped or hurt for lack of playing the Bison. Both programs will probably thrive and there will be alot of meaningful games played against other FCS universities. However, no matter how exciting these matchup will be, none will match the intensity or interest generated by renewing the series. Any argument that it will is foolish, unless your the type of fan who thinks the Michigan- Appalachian state game is equally as intense a rivalry as the Ohio State- Michigan game simply because the same number of people are there.

NDSU has proven they don't need to play UND - The same can't be said for UND yet. With only 4 home games last year and only 3 scheduled this year it looks like your having a lot harder time of it. By the way where is all that political clout that some of the previous posters were talking about? Talked with a friend in the legislature and he said that everyone he talked to in the legislature that wasn't a NDSU or UND fan told him that they were proud of the way NDSU has handled the transition and especially beating MN in football. They weren't about to interfere with the scheduling. They would like to see the game but understood the complexity of the issue and why now it would cost NDSU money to start a home and home. They're hoping that UND can get into the MVC.

The one scenario that negates all of this is UND getting into the MVFC.

I could see the MVFC expanding beyond the current 9 members even. But I also have the opinion that there will be some movement in the membership between now and 2012.

So we'll see what happens.

Obviously UND in the MVFC is the ideal scenario for all parties concerned, NDSU, UND and the state of North Dakota.