SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX/GOPHERS SATURDAY

gfhockey

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it as classless as Stoa jumping Hextall at the end of the game last night? It's a good thing Baby Lucia did his Sue Bickel imitation and hid behind the refs skirt. What a dominant performance by the Sioux and what a complete collapse by the Goofs. To not even show up for either game has got to be a major embarassment for the Brown and Yellow.

Go Sioux!!

Baby Lucia sure got the hell out of there fast when Jones lost it...Their players seem to have a long and storied tradition of pussing out.

The Goofers should add a tagline to their hockey program:

Golden Goofer Hockey - We will hit you when you are laying on the ice, (as ordered by our coach) but if you want to settle it by dropping the gloves, we are outta here and you are classless for even thinking of such a thing...

Can someone fill me in on why Jones was so mad as well as why he lined up in the forward spot on the faceoff? I got the impression he wanted to fight that Gopher player....but why? Was it because of the hit on Trupp?

Yeah trupp got taken down on a cheap shot by baby lucia and jones gave him a chance to fight like a real man but he ran away

Has to be every Sioux fan's favorite player. IMHO.

I wish he would have played like he did this weekend at the Great Lakes Invitational. It was my only chance to see the Sioux in person all season and he played terrible. He spent the entire time and talking and getting in everyone's face while we were getting our butts kicked and did nothing to change the numbers on the scoreboard. His antics made me wonder why he didn't sign with the Gophers. He was probably my least favorite player after that weekend, to be honest with you. Just goes to show how important first impressions are and mine came a few months too late. I'm glad to hear he can actually play hockey too.

Great sweep this weekend. Man, I wish I would have been there. The second half run starts now, but this time let's finish it!

Baby Lucia sure got the hell out of there fast when Jones lost it...Their players seem to have a long and storied tradition of pussing out.

The Goofers should add a tagline to their hockey program:

Golden Goofer Hockey - We will hit you when you are laying on the ice, (as ordered by our coach) but if you want to settle it by dropping the gloves, we are outta here and you are classless for even thinking of such a thing...

:D ...That would look real nice on one of their wall murals in Mariucci. I wonder if I could get some coasters with that on it?

John Hill and Ryan Stoa have gotten what they deserve - apparently Stoa hurt himself going after Hextall last night and John Hill has made sure that he will never, ever be considered for another head coaching opening again. Sioux fans, do not sully yourselves by making over-the-top comments or actions regarding these subjects. Do not lower yourselves to Hill's, Stoa's, or Lucia's (Tony) level. The Sioux got the better of them this weekend, but unless they can follow this up with efforts in kind, it won't mean much. I think you can count on the Sioux having to meet Minnesota again before the year is done, and there'll be more on the line when it happens.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to deal with people at work who didn't watch the game, but just heard about how the big bad Sioux were trying to start a fight tonight.

Point out that at least three times the Gophers were penalized for instigating type activities. The one jerk actually got an instigating penalty with a matching roughing one with Malone. Barribal got a slashing penalty on Hextall along with matching penalties and of course Stoa's bush league attack.

And those are just the ones the officials called.

Point out that at least three times the Gophers were penalized for instigating type activities. The one jerk actually got an instigating penalty with a matching roughing one with Malone. Barribal got a slashing penalty on Hextall along with matching penalties and of course Stoa's bush league attack.

And those are just the ones the officials called.

This is one time where I don't have to try to defend the Sioux after they wrongfully went after a Gopher player. Everything that happened this weekend was because the Gophers were pissed that they were losing and they lost their cool.

Well, maybe (probably) a lot of it was because the Sioux were mouthing off on the ice, but that happens in all sports at just about all levels. If you can't deal with it by now, then you shouldn't be playing.

This is one time where I don't have to try to defend the Sioux after they wrongfully went after a Gopher player. Everything that happened this weekend was because the Gophers were pissed that they were losing and they lost their cool.

Well, maybe (probably) a lot of it was because the Sioux were mouthing off on the ice, but that happens in all sports at just about all levels. If you can't deal with it by now, then you shouldn't be playing.

I thought when the other guy was talking trash you were supposed to get even by scoring some goals or at least keeping the other team from scoring goals.

I was hoping that by now somebody who saw the Lucia hit on Trupp would be on the board. I missed it.

What an amazing weekend. :D

One of my favorite moments of the night: The big screen shows Kangas with a little thought bubble above him that says "I wish I played for the Sioux" and the student section chants: "We don't want him" clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

Good stuff.

What an amazing weekend. :D

One of my favorite moments of the night: The big screen shows Kangas with a little thought bubble above him that says "I wish I played for the Sioux" and the student section chants: "We don't want him" clap, clap, clap-clap-clap.

Good stuff.

We dont want him....maybe next time the Gophers will show up with a real goalie...oh wait they already play for the sioux

I dislike inter-message board arguments as much as anybody, but in case anybody didn't go over to GPL, here's a quote from their front page article regarding this game:

Patterson again replaced Kangas in the 3rd period, not like it was going to change the outcome. The only things that remained the same were the after whistle fighting (much like last season and many seasons past), and players like Zach Jones (not to mention Dave Hakstol) acting like 2 year olds.

I dislike inter-message board arguments as much as anybody, but in case anybody didn't go over to GPL, here's a quote from their front page article regarding this game:

The gophers should be embarrassed by their run-and-hide antics -- it's why they are not respected by UND fans and other reasonable college hockey fans.