SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs GOPHERS

AZSIOUX

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats easy - john glass fieldhouse :D

mariucci? please if thats the answer....... where everyone shows up 30 minutes after the puck drops if they show up at all

now if we are talking atmosphere then you dive down to the smaller rinks. neither the ralph or mariucci can even be in the top 10 unless the teams are playing eachother, then it gets fun :D

the games at the fieldhouse are a blast. been to the last two sioux games there and have had a great time. hopefully there will be many more down the road.

I am sure the Sioux will want to hit the gopher defensemen early and often because as a core they are not too big and can move the puck well. The question is going to be if Sheppard or whoever they send here is going to let legal hits go, because he has a tendency to call penalties on clean hits. If he does, the Sioux may be in trouble, if not it could cause some nice offensive opportunities.

I am sure the Sioux will want to hit the gopher defensemen early and often because as a core they are not too big and can move the puck well. The question is going to be if Sheppard or whoever they send here is going to let legal hits go, because he has a tendency to call penalties on clean hits. If he does, the Sioux may be in trouble, if not it could cause some nice offensive opportunities.

Mark my words: for reffing assignments we will get one or more of the following officials: Shepherd, Hunt Todd Anderson and or Donn Adam.

I am thinking Marco Hunt and Derrick Shepherd. As far as I know those clowns have called a lot of penalties on clean hits.

If we're struggling in the the friday game at somepoint we could always send Finley out there to drop the gloves. That way we get the best of both worlds: gets the crowd going and a boost in energy, and not having to worry about the liability of Finley playing in the saturday game.

What line does everyone think would be the best to go against the 1st line of the gophers?

Maybe Watkins - Zajac - maybe Kozek or Frattin - VV - Trupp.

Would anyone put Miller back on D or keep Blood in the lineup to knock around some gophers?

they're not going to put kozek with watty and zajac. they're going to keep martens with that line. that line hasn't changed in a VERY long time. I would bet that would be the line to match up against the gophers top line, but it's hard to say. it's also hard to say whether they will put miller back on D...it depends if they want to stick with the gregoire-duncan-miller line combo or if they want to try someone else there. oh, decisions decisions....

If we're struggling in the the friday game at somepoint we could always send Finley out there to drop the gloves. That way we get the best of both worlds: gets the crowd going and a boost in energy, and not having to worry about the liability of Finley playing in the saturday game.

They are not going to send Finley out to fight he just got back from a Concussion.

A Hextall fight is going to be epic, but the problem is that he has been such an offensive presence. I think Hextall should drop em Saturday night--- so he misses a Friday night @ Tech. But when will a gopher actually drop gloves (especially without Lucia there to hide behind)?*

*that's a Bickel crack, not a tDon one

A Hextall fight is going to be epic, but the problem is that he has been such an offensive presence. I think Hextall should drop em Saturday night--- so he misses a Friday night @ Tech. But when will a gopher actually drop gloves (especially without Lucia there to hide behind)?*

*that's a Bickel crack, not a tDon one

I was thinking the same thing.

Just so it isn't Zajac especially after the pummelling he encountered at the hands of Little Lucia last year.

Lucia picked him up and dropped him. I wouldn't call that a pummeling. In fact, I think Zajac was getting up when they were seperated. I don't like Tony Lucia's chances had that happened.