SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX vs SCSU

AZSIOUX

I don't know if you want to say that Kangas has been clearly better than Bachman this year. I'd say the first 10 games Bachman was solid, he just seems rattled the last half of the games. Don't forget, Kangas has also had "Bachman" games. See Denver, Michigan State, Michigan.

And I think Kangas is a really good goaltender, but he's not a game changer/stealer yet to me. In stretches, yes. But consistently, no. I don't know if I've seen that type of goalie out there yet this season.

Not a game changer? Look at the stats.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True statement. I mean they are doing good. They are turning it around, but beat someone good. I don't really care if the continue to beat teams like this.

Outside of DU, who is playing good in the WCHA? C.C. isn't playing well. UAA is tanking. The Purple cows have lost like 4 in a row.

I think UND will be there when the season is over.

I don't think stats are indicative of game changing either.

For example: Alex Auld has played ok for Ottawa this year, has a Save% over .900, a GAA under 3 I believe, and Ottawa stinks. Peter Budaj of Colorado has a W/L of under .500, but has a low GAA and high Save%.

Budaj has a save percentage of .903 and a GAA of 2.75. Does that make him a game changer/stealer?

How about this:

Chris Osgood is having a Josh Siembida type year. He's 12-1-4 this year. Pretty dominant right? His GAA is 3.20 and his Save% is .875 (btw, this is the worst save% among the 45 goaltenders that have seen more than 10 games this year... even worse that Pascal LeClaire and Marty Turco). I know I'm a Red Wing fan, but he sucks donkey balls. However, He's only been beaten in regulation ONCE this year! Get what I'm saying?

Another example:

Mike Smith (TB). He's got a W/L record of 5-11-7. Sucks right? Uh... He has a GAA of 2.51 and a Save% of .924 (Tied for 6th in the league).

I love stats like this!

Here's another gem:

UND is undefeated in the month of December where their opponent wears a shade of red. :lol:

In their last 4 games, no opponent has been able to beat them. :ohmy:

That post made me laugh. 9-8-1. Right on course eh? Seems things are falling into place.

The Sioux are playing better defense and scoring goals. Tonight they could have tightened up a bit but it was an exciting game.

For example: Alex Auld has played ok for Ottawa this year, has a Save% over .900, a GAA under 3 I believe, and Ottawa stinks. Peter Budaj of Colorado has a W/L of under .500, but has a low GAA and high Save%.

Budaj has a save percentage of .903 and a GAA of 2.75. Does that make him a game changer/stealer?

How about this:

Chris Osgood is having a Josh Siembida type year. He's 12-1-4 this year. Pretty dominant right? His GAA is 3.20 and his Save% is .875. I know I'm a Red Wing fan, but he sucks donkey balls. However, He's only been beaten in regulation ONCE this year! Get what I'm saying?

Another example:

Mike Smith (TB). He's got a W/L record of 5-11-7. Sucks right? Uh... He has a GAA of 2.51 and a Save% of .924 (Tied for 6th in the league).

You can have good stats and lose, or bad stats and win, I understand. He has good both though, I don't know what else you could ask for. Best team in the conference, best goalie stats.

How about this:

Chris Osgood is having a Josh Siembida type year. He's 12-1-4 this year. Pretty dominant right? His GAA is 3.20 and his Save% is .875. I know I'm a Red Wing fan, but he sucks donkey balls. However, He's only been beaten in regulation ONCE this year! Get what I'm saying?

Another example:

The Bruins goaltenders are on fire right now. Best team in the east and the furture 2009 stanley cup playoff winner.

just watched the game from tonight. dam we are scoring some goals. great to see and this freshman class is really been big overall. great win for the sioux. toews seems to be getting his game back after being injured to begin the season. nice goal from marto crashing the net and great overall win by the sioux. great win to head into the break then 2 more non conference series then the umTC series. go sioux, happy holidays!!

I love stats like this!

Here's another gem:

UND is undefeated in the month of December where their opponent wears a shade of red. :lol:

In their last 4 games, no opponent has been able to beat them. :ohmy:

Then I know you'll love this one! ;) I believe we are 6-1-1 when you know who takes the ice! :)

How about this:

Chris Osgood is having a Josh Siembida type year. He's 12-1-4 this year. Pretty dominant right? His GAA is 3.20 and his Save% is .875 (btw, this is the worst save% among the 45 goaltenders that have seen more than 10 games this year... even worse that Pascal LeClaire and Marty Turco). I know I'm a Red Wing fan, but he sucks donkey balls. However, He's only been beaten in regulation ONCE this year! Get what I'm saying?

Another example:

I think this is a great post! Too often we get hung up on the stats - and i think that is one of the problems with our game. If we practice what college coaches preach the only real statistic that should matter is whether we win or lose. To those that preach it doesn't matter if you win or lose - its how you play the game have never taken home 4 straight frozen four participation trophys! Obviously, development of human character is important - but our game is about winning! Unless we can continue to develop future Ralph Engelstad's for the long term success of our programs - its winning that keeps coaches employed. I will maintain that the better goaltenders are those that can rise to the occasion and put their team in a position to win. As noted above, the best stats may get one a lot of ink, but it does not necessarily always win the game. This may have been Eidsnesses weakest outing this year - but we swept! He was there when when it counted. I am a little concerned that it has become obvious that he is being scouted as SCSU had him uncharacteristically out of position too many times - not to mention that it looked like they were told to only shoot at his blocker side! However he has had previous stellar performances - all for naught as the team lost the game. The stats are for scouts and scrap books, its the chemistry on the ice that can win the games. I am sure someone will remind us that we have a better w/l record when Mario is on the ice, which may be true, but Mario's stats won't jump off the page - which is the point worth emphasizing.

This may have been Eidsnesses weakest outing this year - but we swept! He was there when when it counted. I am a little concerned that it has become obvious that he is being scouted as SCSU had him uncharacteristically out of position too many times - not to mention that it looked like they were told to only shoot at his blocker side! However he has had previous stellar performances - all for naught as the team lost the game. The stats are for scouts and scrap books, its the chemistry on the ice that can win the games.

That is also a great post. If our coaching staff is worth its weight they will make the necessary adjustments.

Great sweep.

Eidsness was out of position quite a bit last night, but positioning is usually one of his strengths--at least with regard to body. I guess that makes me less concerned, but I'm not sure, actually. The Lasch goal might seem soft, but that was a pretty microscopic hole he got it through.

I like BE. The players must have confidence in him too, judging by their willingness to play the up-and-down game. Speaking of that, these recent scoring outbursts are what many had hoped for when this season started, based on the number of highly talented but not elite players we have. A pleasant surprise that many of our goals have come from the "regulars."

Our defensemen still aren't controlling the boards very well, though. Come back, Joe.

Great sweep.

Eidsness was out of position quite a bit last night, but positioning is usually one of his strengths--at least with regard to body. I guess that makes me less concerned, but I'm not sure, actually. The Lasch goal might seem soft, but that was a pretty microscopic hole he got it through.

I like BE. The players must have confidence in him too, judging by their willingness to play the up-and-down game. Speaking of that, these recent scoring outbursts are what many had hoped for when this season started, based on the number of highly talented but not elite players we have. A pleasant surprise that many of our goals have come from the "regulars."

Our defensemen still aren't controlling the boards very well, though. Come back, Joe.

I think this was the most telling thing about how we are playing right now. BE didn't have a great night, but we still won.

Now, will it continue?

I don't feel any Sioux player can have a bad night and the Sioux still wins against top tier teams like Minnesota or CC (we already saw this in the Saturday CC game earlier this season).

What was key was capitalizing on chances. They make a mistake, we score. That HAS to continue if we are going to beat Minnesota.

this was a great sweep hopefully these past two weekends can really get rolling into the second half. BE wasn't his usual shapness tonight. couple of points on that:

1. he was left hung out to dry a couple of times that resulted in goals

2. he did come up big late int he game when the huskies had 2 pp's and didn't score

3. he is still a freshman and will have nights like this. it was nice in that he had a night like this when we put 7 goals onthe board. 2 months ago we probably lose this game.

was it just me or did it look like vv skate could have been in the crease on hextall's goal? it looks like he hovers around in the crease a lot and we've already had one goal taken away this season so far.

you can have your skate in the crease. in fact, you can have both skates in the crease, as long as you're not interfering with the goaltender.