SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Badgers

Joewee

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well we aren't going to win games giving up 5 goals in one period.

We aren't going to win many games only playing 2 of 3 periods.

It is like we just packed up and headed home after the 2nd intermission!

Very embarrassing.

Sure, we split, but this isn't a good sign going into a team that could very well sweep us.

Nope! should have stopped goals #2 or #3. The ENG opportunity happend because of the earlier mistakes. All in all, it is obvious that Brad has the skills, we just have to be patient while he gains the confidence he needs to play in front of our vocal home crouwd.

we also need to be patient while this team works the kinks out.

tonight, it was apparent that we need to start playing to win during all parts of the game. If we had scored 5 goals and were up by 5, Id still push my players to play like they are down by 5. No sense of that tonight.

A TON of whiffs. Was the ice bad or was it like I assumed: looking where the puck was to go before you get the puck. I hope the ice was bad or that it was a bad pass because that eliminates the need for an absolute inexcuseable mistake such as failing to get the puck before moving the puck either to another player or shooting it at the net. Genoway and Blood both whiffed at key times.

Even with the problem of working in young D men is anyone happy with the Sioux progress so far this season? I thought we finally had a third period team - I feel that the goalie situation is on Hak - when our young goalie is struggling we have no where to go. We expect better.

We need Finley back ASAP.

Fienhage is not ready for this level, he should be playing juniors. I have no doubt he will be fine given time he is just not ready to be playing nightly in the WCHA.

I would like to see Genoway benched for a game but we don't have enough defensemen. Chay is great with the puck but he makes way too many mistakes, especially for a jr. The penalty he took at the end of the second was unacceptable and IMO it is the biggest reason we lost. Without that penalty Wisconsin doesn't get that first powerplay goal. That would have been a dumb penalty for a freshman defensemen, but for someone with as much experience as Chay it is unacceptable.

Even with the problem of working in young D men is anyone happy with the Sioux progress so far this season? I thought we finally had a third period team - I feel that the goalie situation is on Hak - when our young goalie is struggling we have no where to go. We expect better.

The problem is that Hak should have brought in Brad E last season so he wasn't over whelmed. B. E. is going to be fine he is just going to take a few games to get going. I would actually like to see Grahme get a chance as well...

I am not one of those Sioux fans who typically blames everything on the refs, and I'm not now as this Bokal or Bakol whatever his name is called the WORST hockey game I've ever seen. To his credit both sides suffered. Wisco got whistled for phantom penalties and at the end of the 2nd, beginning of 3rd the Sioux got nailed with calls that wouldn't have been FOULS in a BB game. If the purpose of the WCHA to have 2 refs is to call every little touch then count me out. I'm done watching this crap.

On the other hand, a young Sioux team took a 3rd period nap and while the officiating sucked (the other Ref didn't call anything which is GOOD) the Sioux lost this one with weak d, no O and a lack of critical stops by the goalie.

Total team suckage that was only surpassed by a Ref that should NOT be doing Pee Wee games.

How did this bum get a WCHA job???

I am not one of those Sioux fans who typically blames everything on the refs, and I'm not now as this Bokal or Bakol whatever his name is called the WORST hockey game I've ever seen. To his credit both sides suffered. Wisco got whistled for phantom penalties and at the end of the 2nd, beginning of 3rd the Sioux got nailed with calls that wouldn't have been FOULS in a BB game. If the purpose of the WCHA to have 2 refs is to call every little touch then count me out. I'm done watching this crap.

On the other hand, a young Sioux team took a 3rd period nap and while the officiating sucked (the other Ref didn't call anything which is GOOD) the Sioux lost this one with weak d, no O and a lack of critical stops by the goalie.

Total team suckage that was only surpassed by a Ref that should NOT be doing Pee Wee games.

How did this bum get a WCHA job???

I agree... the officiating was AWFUL. we also noticed how often wisco complained to the refs. maybe they started to feel bad for them. (ok, maybe not lol). Anyways, there were some horrible calls... hopefully the boys can bounce back next weekend.

Like someone had mention earlier. Chay Genoway was on the ice for 4 of the 5 goals scored against the Sioux in the third period.

I think it is time for him to sit for a game or two.

i think there's a few that could use a benching...

Also, I don't care what some say, I CANNOT WAIT FOR FINLEY TO COME BACK! Like him or not, his experience is needed on the blue line.