SiouxSports.com Forum

SIOUX @ BOSTON U. & UMASS - IceBreaker

AZSIOUX

08-mhockey-icebreaker-btn.jpg

The Sioux head out to Boston to open up their regular season in 08-09. Nice way to see what you have vs a couple Hockey East teams. Friday night vs BU and Saturday night vs Umass. This will be the first regular season game for all 3 of these teams. The Sioux come off a 6-2 warm up game vs Manitoba. BU had a 4-1 win vs New Brunswick in their first tune up game for the season while Umass beat New Brunswick 6-0 in their exh game. Michigan State is th3 4th team featured in this opening weekend. Sioux sweep 4-2 and 5-2.

und.gif - last season = 28-11-4

University of North Dakota

Founded: 1883

Enrollment: 13,000

Colors: Green and White

SIOUX ROSTER

SIOUX HOCKEY WEBSITE

bu.gif - last season = 19-17-4

Boston University

Founded: 1839

Enrollment: 15,568

Colors: Scarlet and White

BOSTON U ROSTER

BU HOCKEY WEBSITE

uma.gif - last season =14-16-6

University of Massachusetts at Amherst

Founded: 1863

Enrollment: 24646

Colors: Maroon and White

UMASS ROSTER

UMASS HOCKEY WEBSITE

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know enough about UMass to make any predictions, but I will say that BU is going to be a really tough test. They have some outstanding returning talent and probably one of the best sophmores in the country in Colin Wilson. I know it will be early, but if UND can perform well against BU, it will be a sign of great things to come!

Yes, if anyone hears of any networks that will be airing these games...let us know. my parents have satellite... and i was thinking this might be a good time to make a trek to the ol stomping grounds (that and it's my mom's bday)....worse case scenario is i'll listen to it on web radio. But seriously... its the freakin' ICEBREAKER! it should be on nat'l TV!

Looks like former CSTV, now CBS C, has eliminated college hockey from their schedule; they'll show football reruns Friday night instead. Appears their only link to college hockey will be Gametracker :D

Both BU and UMass have a live streaming web service affiliated with CBS College Sports so all the Icebreaker games will be available online. Price is something like $7.95/game and either $12.95 or 19.95/ month (can't remember which). The feed is filtered directly from the scoreboard and it is linked up to the BU radio feed. Word of note though, while the Agganis scoreboard is in HD, the feed through the web certainly is not . . . but it's not that bad.

You'll need IE for a pc or Safari if you're on a Mac and you'll need to download Microsoft Silverlight for it to work. You can access the service here and click on the "launch broadband channel" link towards the right of the page.

None of the games were listed on BU's TV schedule so don't expect any station to pick them up on the fly.

Both BU and UMass have a live streaming web service affiliated with CBS College Sports so all the Icebreaker games will be available online. Price is something like $7.95/game and either $12.95 or 19.95/ month (can't remember which). The feed is filtered directly from the scoreboard and it is linked up to the BU radio feed. Word of note though, while the Agganis scoreboard is in HD, the feed through the web certainly is not . . . but it's not that bad.

You'll need IE for a pc or Safari if you're on a Mac and you'll need to download Microsoft Silverlight for it to work. You can access the service here and click on the "launch broadband channel" link towards the right of the page.

None of the games were listed on BU's TV schedule so don't expect any station to pick them up on the fly.

Thanks. Looks like it's 9.95/month; just have to remember to cancel or it will be auto billed each month.

I believe it was last year that Sioux Xtra worked an agreement with another college to offer the online broadcast for free as long as you were already an Xtra subscriber. I forget which series that was though...

Maybe they will do that again?

Any idea on TV coverage for either of these games? I'd really like to watch if possible. Radio is something I can live with, but only if necessary.

Or on line broad casts that are archived so one can watch them later. I am going to be at a wedding so I won't be listen to the broadcast on the radio...

Or on line broad casts that are archived so one can watch them later. I am going to be at a wedding so I won't be listen to the broadcast on the radio...

If you register for the all access channel and purchase a month subscription the games will be archived for you to access. Don't forget to cancel the subscription after the month though, because it works on autobill. BU will also create a highlight video the day after the game and those are free.

And yes, there is no fog in Agganis Arena. We can have some shipped down from Newton if you like that sort of thing.

Oh and for those coming out east who have been to Boston before, I heard that T's Pub (right near the arena) is closed and/or changing hands, so gotta find somewhere else to drink.

You have really got to get some priorities straightened out there, pal...

You have really got to get some priorities straightened out there, pal...

Yeah I know, I can't believe my buddies and his wife to be are getting married the first weekend of Pheasant hunting season in ND. Now every year he will be home celebrating his anniversary while the rest of us are shooting pheasants. My brother hasn

If you register for the all access channel and purchase a month subscription the games will be archived for you to access. Don't forget to cancel the subscription after the month though, because it works on autobill. BU will also create a highlight video the day after the game and those are free.

And yes, there is no fog in Agganis Arena. We can have some shipped down from Newton if you like that sort of thing.

Oh and for those coming out east who have been to Boston before, I heard that T's Pub (right near the arena) is closed and/or changing hands, so gotta find somewhere else to drink.

Actually Agganis is a great venue. It opened in 2005 and like the opening of the Ralph; BU

I think the Sioux will lose in OT to BU, then beat UMass. I wish I was making a return trip to Boston this year to actually see 6 periods of hockey unlike last year.

so you don't care to for any power outages, fog, or games that end after 2 periods? :D

I think the Sioux will lose in OT to BU, then beat UMass. I wish I was making a return trip to Boston this year to actually see 6 periods of hockey unlike last year.

I'll second this.

BU is primed for a serious breakout season. They underachieved last year big time.

I misread the schedule. I thought we were playing the 2/3rds beanpot (vs. BU and vs. BC). Glad we're not though. I think we wouldn't get much for points if we did.

Yeah, I predict the beginning of our season to be rough. Better, though, to get the losses out of the way early.

I'll second this.

BU is primed for a serious breakout season. They underachieved last year big time.

I misread the schedule. I thought we were playing the 2/3rds beanpot (vs. BU and vs. BC). Glad we're not though. I think we wouldn't get much for points if we did.

Yeah, I predict the beginning of our season to be rough. Better, though, to get the losses out of the way early.

you are wrong...we can beat BC in the regular season or regionals with no problem :D its that damn semi-final of the frozen 4 that we cant get them in ;) until this year..............