SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone watchng Coach Lennon today?

wyomingsiouxfan

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone tell me who the guy in the blue shirt (no tie) and sport jacket was on the channel 11 half-time broadcast? Looked like a mid-twenty year-old.

For whatever reason, he just bugged the !@$! out of me.

That was their former All-American Punter Mike Dragosvich (Sp?) He kinda bugged me also...

SIU only had 41 yards of O (2nd half) until the last drive in the 4th quarter. I think that was the deal breaker. I think the penalties evened out for the halves as far as stopping or helping any one team.

Dan,

I think the game was definately a tale of two halves. I think the big difference with penalties was that SIU's really affected field position starting with the one that gave the Bison 15 yards on the opening kick in the 2nd half giving them the ball at about the 43. Than they got either a clipping or holding on the next kick return and it really pinned them back. I think this really affected their play calling as they couldn't drop back and pass with the pressure the Bison where able to apply. Either way, I will congratulate the Bison on continuing to play hard throughout the game. I was just responding to the fact that he said the Bison could have won by 17-24. That is stupid because I think that anyone could go back and look at any game and say we could have done this or that. I thought it was a very unknowledgable comment by someone who really lacks knowledge about the happenings of a game. If a team doesn't capitalize during the game a fan sounds like an idiot when they say if this would have happened......This happens all the time though with all fans of all teams but whatever, I know its happened on this board. Anyways, congrats again and good luck the rest of the year. Yes, I did just say that.

For a team that's . . .

• A non factor for the next 4 years
  • On back to back bye weeks
  • With a crappy schedule, save 2-3 games
  • Who doesn't even play the best team in your conference
  • Who has to goto SIU in a few weeks for your woop'in

You sure do a lot of talking. Good luck in SIU!

For a team that's . . .

Yet you still check in here and give us your input and think we give a $hi+. Its funny because your team has basically been a non factor since you made the playoffs since when 2000 yet you still do a lot of talking. Oh wait you guys do have 7 nat'l championships even though you have to be half way to retirement to remember the last one. My grandpa does tell me good stories about those days though.

Dan,

I think the game was definately a tale of two halves. I think the big difference with penalties was that SIU's really affected field position starting with the one that gave the Bison 15 yards on the opening kick in the 2nd half giving them the ball at about the 43. Than they got either a clipping or holding on the next kick return and it really pinned them back. I think this really affected their play calling as they couldn't drop back and pass with the pressure the Bison where able to apply. Either way, I will congratulate the Bison on continuing to play hard throughout the game. I was just responding to the fact that he said the Bison could have won by 17-24. That is stupid because I think that anyone could go back and look at any game and say we could have done this or that. I thought it was a very unknowledgable comment by someone who really lacks knowledge about the happenings of a game. If a team doesn't capitalize during the game a fan sounds like an idiot when they say if this would have happened......This happens all the time though with all fans of all teams but whatever, I know its happened on this board. Anyways, congrats again and good luck the rest of the year. Yes, I did just say that.

Thanks - this conference (MV) is very competitive. The next 2 games will tell the story.

That was their former All-American Punter Mike Dragosvich (Sp?) He kinda bugged me also...

Me too, I had no idea who that punk was. He looked like he was headed to a club to dance up on people and drink vodka redbulls, not commentate on a college football game.

Yet you still check in here and give us your input and think we give a $hi+. Its funny because your team has basically been a non factor since you made the playoffs since when 2000 yet you still do a lot of talking. Oh wait you guys do have 7 nat'l championships even though you have to be half way to retirement to remember the last one. My grandpa does tell me good stories about those days though.[/quote]

I went to the GF public library and pulled up to the microfiche machine that you can look things up from past newspapers, I read about the Bison's last national championship. It talked a lot about the "Training Serum" that the Bison players used back then...I think they call them something else these days. :D

I went to the GF public library and pulled up to the microfiche machine that you can look things up from past newspapers, I read about the Bison's last national championship. It talked a lot about the "Training Serum" that the Bison players used back then...I think they call them something else these days. :cool:

Maybe they were talking about the skunky beer that Simmy and Satter would serve to their young "guests" at the keggers?

For a team that's . . .

You guys traveled the same road too...and TALKED about being the greatest team EVER non-eligible for the FCS playoffs or the postseason. NOW that you have to chance to PROVE IT! by actually being PLAYOFF ELIGIBLE after those 5 long years of transition.

You're tanking!...just like you tanked TALKING A BIG GAME in D2 while you couldn't produce and HAD to "move on" to make your point. (So UND didn't keep beating you!) I believe in the new crazy internet world of youTube and texting kids...you'd be called POSERS!

You guys traveled the same road too...and TALKED about being the greatest team EVER non-eligible for the FCS playoffs or the postseason. NOW that you have to chance to PROVE IT! by actually being PLAYOFF ELIGIBLE after those 5 long years of transition.

You're tanking!...just like you tanked TALKING A BIG GAME in D2 while you couldn't produce and HAD to "move on" to make your point. (So UND didn't keep beating you!) I believe in the new crazy internet world of youTube and texting kids...you'd be called POSERS!

No one has tanked in the fb playoffs more than you guys! The only fans I ever heard talking big were you guys saying FCS was no big deal. Remember 8>1

Remember 8>1

We're sorry.

You've broken a "Yellow Kool-Aid Poster's Handbook" mandatory guideline which clearly states: All that matters is Division I.

Thus, correcting your statement to the Division I tallies:

0<7.

Thank you.

Please hang up and and don't dial again.

Thank you. Good bye.

Bison Dan gets taken apart every time he posts here. You would think he would learn. You gotta love a guy who gives another team crap about the succcess they have had in the playoffs when his own team hasn't had a playoff game in Fargo in 20 years. I think Concordia hosted a playoff game in the Fargodome though. Way to funny.

I think "tanking" is a bit premature. They've lost, what, one game they should have won? And they beat a good Southern Illinois team last week. And they're still ranked. They're not the world-beaters their delusional fans thought they were, but they're not exactly tanking.

Totally agree. That guy was obnoxious to put it mildly.

If one conference loss is "tanking" then I guess, yes we are. The road we traveled down is a 20-2 record with top 10 rankings that easily would have had us in the field of 16 the past 2 years. That is the road we have traveled. And yes, the people on this board do a lot of talking for a team coming off a loss at SELA and 2 bye weeks. If you actually played Poly you might have something to talk about, but your schedule looks like quiet would be your best policy.

It's like there needs to be a weekly reminder somewhere...

To even read this thread, you have to visit http://forum.siouxsports.com. Can you believe the gall of Sioux fans that talk up the Sioux on this website? :cool:

I don't do a lot of visiting to Bisonville, but are there threads there in which Sioux fans complain about how other posters are saying how great the Bison are? I don't go to Bison websites because I don't like the Bison. Why do Bison fans come to Sioux Sports? Are you looking to get offended?

Didn't I read in the paper a few days ago that the Missouri Valley Conference is ranked 4th out of the conferences and the Great West is 5th? Sure sounds like the SEC of the FCS. :cool:

I don't know how they calculate it but the Great West has 5 teams, 2 of which are playing a lot of competition from D2 and below which should inflate numbers. The MVC has quite a bit more teams so the bottom teams that suck are bound to bring down the league.

• 1 month later...

Robinson Award nominees announced

Twenty candidates, including five former winners, were named Monday to The Sports Network's Eddie Robinson Award ballot.

That ballot, along with ballots for the Walter Payton and Buck Buchanan awards, will be released and distributed to voters later on Monday. Voting will be conducted this week and winners will be announced on Thursday, Dec. 18 during the 22nd annual Sports Network awards dinner at the Marriott Hotel in Chattanooga, TN, the night before the NCAA Division I Football Championship game.

One Great West, Two MVFC, and Two Big Sky coaches

Rich Ellerson, Cal Poly - Facing a schedule that featured games against two FBS opponents to bookend the season, Ellerson guided the Mustangs to an 8-2 record, the Great West Conference title and a No. 3 national ranking. Cal Poly beat San Diego State and came within missed kicks of beating Montana and Wisconsin to finish with a perfect regular-season record.

Mark Farley, Northern Iowa - Rebuilding a team that lost plenty of talent from the 2007 club that went 12-1, won the Gateway Conference championship and was ranked No. 1 in the regular season, Farley took the Panthers to a 10-2 regular-season mark and earned a share of the Missouri Valley Football Conference title. The Panthers also won a seed in the playoffs (No. 3) for the second year in a row, and were ranked No. 4 in the top-25 poll.

Bobby Hauck, Montana - Directing his youngest team ever in six years at Montana, Hauck took the Grizzlies to a surprising 11-1 record and a share of the Big Sky title for the 11th straight year. Montana made the playoffs for an NCAA record 16th consecutive season and tied Eastern Kentucky with its 19th overall NCAA tournament bid. The Grizzlies earned a No. 3 seed in the playoffs and a No. 5 ranking nationally.

Dale Lennon, Southern Illinois - Moving from North Dakota, Lennon replaced 2004 Robinson Award winner Jerry Kill and faced the task of rebuilding a squad that had graduated much of the talent from a 2007 team that advanced to the semifinals. Lennon and his new staff built the 2008 squad around defense, and the Salukis sailed through the season with a 9-2 record and won the automatic bid in the tough Missouri Valley Football Conference. SIU was ranked ninth in the final regular-season poll.

Ron McBride, Weber State - In his fourth season at the helm of the Wildcat program, McBride led Weber State to a first-place tie in the Big Sky Conference for the first time since 1987, and its first recognized league title since 1968. The former Utah coach guided the Wildcats to their most wins (9) since WSU went 10-3 under Mike Price in 1987. WSU made the playoffs for the first time since 1991, and finished 12th in the final regular-season poll.