SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

It's Brian Lee with the wrong picture...it's been wrong for a long time on ESPN.com.

Exactly...I can't believe he scored against the Wild. He has a lot of potential. Too bad he never realized it in a Sioux uniform. He just never seemed to fit in here.

Exactly...I can't believe he scored against the Wild. He has a lot of potential. Too bad he never realized it in a Sioux uniform. He just never seemed to fit in here.

If Greene could score against the Wild, why not Lee?

I'm just surprised the Wild gave up 5 goals against Ottawa.

Not surprised at them scoring 2 goals. That's the norm.

No one gave him a chance to develop. People assume freshman defensemen are going to come in and tear it up just because they are 1st round draft picks. Not gonna happen.

I wish Nick Mattson the best of luck coming here....he's the next "Brian Lee" I have a feeling.

He's playing in the National Hockey League.

Jeebus, give it a freakin' rest.

No one gave him a chance to develop. People assume freshman defensemen are going to come in and tear it up just because they are 1st round draft picks. Not gonna happen.

I wish Nick Mattson the best of luck coming here....he's the next "Brian Lee" I have a feeling.

I thought LaPoint would be the next Lee. It started out that way but things cooled down quite a bit after a while.

I don't know much about Mattson. He isn't a huge point getter at the NTDP is he?

And I agree with you about Lee. He never really panned out despite doing pretty darn good offensively.

A victim of hype and draft position.

I thought LaPoint would be the next Lee. It started out that way but things cooled down quite a bit after a while.

I don't know much about Mattson. He isn't a huge point getter at the NTDP is he?

And I agree with you about Lee. He never really panned out despite doing pretty darn good offensively.

A victim of hype and draft position.

I thought Lee was better than everyone gave him credit for. He made a few mistakes, but everyone does. Genoway makes more mistakes than anyone, in my opinion, but since he makes up for it with some great plays, people love him.

He never realized the lofty expectations that certain Sioux fans had placed on him. He was in a no win situation before he even suited up for the Sioux.

He never realized the lofty expectations that certain Sioux fans had placed on him. He was in a no win situation before he even suited up for the Sioux.

He was drafted 9th overall.

It's understandable that we expected him to be the best dman since Patrick. No...wait.... ;)

You're right. That's why I don't let it rest. It reminds a lot of people how hype and unrealistic expectations can turn even a fan board that doesn't have the player as a reader into an ugly place.

Goon- Perhaps, but mostly that's used to describe goaltenders. Case in point: Nicklas Backstrom (MIN) wasn't drafted. How that guy, as good as he is, went undrafted is simply beyond me. I wonder what he was like when he was drafting age.