SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Where is Ryan Duncan these days?

He played with Salzburg EC in Austria this past year. His stats looked like this:

Name Pos GP G A Pts PIM +/- Birthdate Age Birthplace Hght Wght

Ryan Duncan F 68 33 36 69 42 21 1985-07-14 24 Calgary, ALTA 5.06 142

He played with Salzburg EC in Austria this past year. His stats looked like this:

Name Pos GP G A Pts PIM +/- Birthdate Age Birthplace Hght Wght

Ryan Duncan F 68 33 36 69 42 21 1985-07-14 24 Calgary, ALTA 5.06 142

I see he hasn't gained any weight yet but can still put the puck in the net obviously.

Sometime when I wasn't looking this thread passed 1,000,000 views. It was started almost 7 years ago today, Jul 1 2003, by schmidtdoggydog. That's about 400/views per day, on average including holidays/summer/etc..., for the almost 2500 days it has been active.

A friend and I traveled to Winnipeg for Toews' day with the Stanley Cup. We didn't attend the ceremony at City Hall, but we did attend the parade and 'celebration' afterward. The crowd was much bigger than anyone expected.

The Dakota Community Centre was officially re-named the Jonathan Toews Community Centre. There were a few guest speakers. Toews gave a brief speech thanking the city of Winnipeg, fans, friends and family, and his old hockey coaches. He was only scheduled to sign autographs for an hour, but he ended up signing for two hours because of the large crowd. Even so, hundreds of fans went home without an autograph. I managed to get my puck signed as he was walking to his bus.

Parade: Toews with the Stanley Cup & Conn Smythe Trophy

rmlidx.png

35ldtsp.png

A friend and I traveled to Winnipeg for Toews' day with the Stanley Cup. We didn't attend the ceremony at City Hall, but we did attend the parade and 'celebration' afterward. The crowd was much bigger than anyone expected.

The Dakota Community Centre was officially re-named the Jonathan Toews Community Centre. There were a few guest speakers. Toews gave a brief speech thanking the city of Winnipeg, fans, friends and family, and his old hockey coaches. He was only scheduled to sign autographs for an hour, but he ended up signing for two hours because of the large crowd. Even so, hundreds of fans went home without an autograph. I managed to get my puck signed as he was walking to his bus.

Parade: Toews with the Stanley Cup & Conn Smythe Trophy

rmlidx.png

35ldtsp.png

Those are great pics. Thanks for posting them. Did you wear a sioux jersey? I guess I am just naive but I thought Toews would bring the cup to the Ralph kind of like Commie did.

Is Brian Lee finally ready for the NHL?
It seems like we've been waiting for an eternity to see Lee step up and stake his claim on the Senators' NHL roster, but it's worth noting that he's still only 23 years old. The journey has seemed longer because he's been given short stints in the NHL, and those raised expectations for the following season. It certainly hasn't been a conventional path to the NHL (high school, USHL, NCAA, AHL, NHL, AHL... and so on), but with another shot at the NHL this season, everyone in Ottawa is wondering: Is Brian Lee finally ready to take the next step?

Those are great pics. Thanks for posting them. Did you wear a sioux jersey? I guess I am just naive but I thought Toews would bring the cup to the Ralph kind of like Commie did.

Yes, I did wear a Sioux jersey. I saw three other Sioux jerseys and a hat. Everyone else was wearing Toews Blackhawks jerseys or Team Canada jerseys. I have a feeling the Sioux jersey is why he stopped to sign my puck on his way out. Security was rushing him to the bus and I was standing there with a puck in my hand. As soon as he saw the jersey he came right over, but he didn't say anything. By that point in the day he looked absolutely exhausted.

In 2006, Commodore took the Stanley Cup home for the day. At the end of the summer once everyone else had their day with the Cup, The Ralph arranged for him to bring the Cup to Grand Forks. It sounds like they are doing their best to get Toews and the Cup to The Ralph sometime this summer.

Joe Finley got into a fight during the caps development camp scrimmage after leveling on of the players on the other team with a huge check. He will need to be a physical force to make it since the caps don't have a true enforcer on their roster.

Flames sign Lamoureux to AHL deal

The Calgary Flames, parent club of the AHL's Abbotsford Heat, announced today the signing of goaltender J.P. Lamoureux to an American Hockey League contract.

Lamoureux, a native of Grand Forks, N.D., spent the 2009-10 season with the Portland Pirates in the AHL. He appeared in 29 games and compiled a record of 14-12-2 with a 2.98 goals-against average and an .894 save percentage.