SiouxSports.com Forum

former players

schmidtdoggydog

Toews with a below average shot (accuracy-wise) missed a net that was open completely on his half.

i'll assume you meant on that shot only :lol: if not you apparently missed his two seasons here at und. here's a little reminder. dang he's good.

http://www.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp?hlg=200...mp;event=T.B629

marto was slow once this season too :D everyone has a bad shift or two :D

I know what you are all thinking:

RW77 is going to pop in here and say that the Hawks made the Mild look good and blast Huet.

Well, you're half right (other than the fact that I'd have to wonder why you're thinking about me! Creepy...).

Harding had a great game. However, the Hawks really really let the Mild win. The Mild seemed more undisciplined than usual. Also, 2 goals shouldn't be enough to beat a high scoring offense on a typical night. It wouldn't have beaten Detroit (so Minnesota scored 5 and embarrassed Detroit... seriously... goal scoring threats Martin Skoula and Stephane "Peelieux" Veillieux? Detroit deserved to lose).

Oddly enough, Goon, Huet did pretty well. He still has a 5 hole the size of New Jersey.

I'm only half caring now. Chicago probably won't go deep into the playoffs and the Wild are first round exits.

I think Detroit will get to the semis before losing in 7 games to whoever. Our offense and PP is scary good. Our D is somewhat porous and our goaltending is... yikes.

I know what you are all thinking:

RW77 is going to pop in here and say that the Hawks made the Mild look good and blast Huet.

Well, you're half right (other than the fact that I'd have to wonder why you're thinking about me! Creepy...).

Harding had a great game. However, the Hawks really really let the Mild win. The Mild seemed more undisciplined than usual. Also, 2 goals shouldn't be enough to beat a high scoring offense on a typical night. It wouldn't have beaten Detroit (so Minnesota scored 5 and embarrassed Detroit... seriously... goal scoring threats Martin Skoula and Stephane "Peelieux" Veillieux? Detroit deserved to lose).

Oddly enough, Goon, Huet did pretty well. He still has a 5 hole the size of New Jersey.

I'm only half caring now. Chicago probably won't go deep into the playoffs and the Wild are first round exits.

I think Detroit will get to the semis before losing in 7 games to whoever. Our offense and PP is scary good. Our D is somewhat porous and our goaltending is... yikes.

The Wild aren't even going to make the playoffs. DR and JL will be run out of town. Gabby will resign with the Wild because JL is gone.

I held on to Huet for my Fantasy hockey team. The Wild are a mess right now and play 13 of the next 15 on the road.

The Wild aren't even going to make the playoffs. DR and JL will be run out of town. Gabby will resign with the Wild because JL is gone.

I held on to Huet for my Fantasy hockey team. The Wild are a mess right now and play 13 of the next 15 on the road.

I think the Mild will squeak in. Backstrom and their defense at all costs playing style will stymie just enough to get them in.

I just wish Koivu and Backstrom would get out of Minnesota. They deserve to be on teams that want to win games.

I can't imagine what Koivu would be like on a team like Chicago or Detroit.

OH! By the way, my "second favorite" goaltender did a great job the other night. Peter Budaj... what an effing sieve.

I think the Mild will squeak in. Backstrom and their defense at all costs playing style will stymie just enough to get them in.

I just wish Koivu and Backstrom would get out of Minnesota. They deserve to be on teams that want to win games.

I can't imagine what Koivu would be like on a team like Chicago or Detroit.

OH! By the way, my "second favorite" goaltender did a great job the other night. Peter Budaj... what an effing sieve.

I don't see the Wild making the playoffs...they have 8 of the next ten on the road. As well as a tough schedule after that.

Not really new news on a former player, but while driving home last night I was listening to the Dean Blais Coaches Show and the USHL did a little focus on a former player. They talked about the 1993-1994 season the Blake had in the USHL. Pretty rediculous numbers: 48 games 50 goals 50 assists! He's the last USHL player to eclips 100 points and they play a lot more than 48 games now. Just thought I share.

Parise and Zajac each with an assist thus far in tonight's Devils/Avalanche game.

Add another assist for Parise. 72 points on the year thus far.

Parise just adds a highlight reel goal! (Watching the Colorado announcers and you could hear some of the same excitement in his voice as Toews goal last year, though it doesn't come anywhere near Johnny's goal)

Add a goal for Zajac. Jersey all over the Avs.

I don't mean to belittle Zajac or Parise because they were really nice goals (Well... Zajac was a rebound goal but still) but.... it is Colorado we're talking about.

They've evolved into the UMD Bulldogs of the NHL... and that's REALLY not fair to Stalock.

To be fair, the only reason why they aren't the SCSU of the NHL is because Colorado has actually done something in the playoffs within the last... I don't know... well... nearly every year they make it. SCSU on the other hand...

I don't mean to belittle Zajac or Parise because they were really nice goals (Well... Zajac was a rebound goal but still) but.... it is Colorado we're talking about.

They've evolved into the UMD Bulldogs of the NHL... and that's REALLY not fair to Stalock.

To be fair, the only reason why they aren't the SCSU of the NHL is because Colorado has actually done something in the playoffs within the last... I don't know... well... nearly every year they make it. SCSU on the other hand...

I'm assuming you were just looking for a place to take a shot at Colorado, because you can't actually believe that scoring a goal against Colorado is somehow less of an achievement than scoring goals against other NHL teams.

OK, Redwing, let's not get carried away. I believe the Avs are still a member of the National Hockey League, correct?

So by your logic this makes JT the best player that's ever played the game....?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHdOfrEQ2Cg

Your team looks silly.

:D

I'm assuming you were just looking for a place to take a shot at Colorado, because you can't actually believe that scoring a goal against Colorado is somehow less of an achievement than scoring goals against other NHL teams.

Would I be a card-carrying Red Wing fan if I didn't take every pot shot at Colorado I could? :D

I'm already on shakey ground because I respect the Blackhawks. ???

Meh. Beating our goaltender wasn't hard. And Dan Cleary isn't exactly known for his defense.

I've already said we may not get too deep into the playoffs, but at least we'll make the playoffs (earth to Colorado!)

BTW-

Toews with 2 goals tonight already. One was a deflection and one was a garbage goal that was downright lucky for Toews. He basically fanned on it and it took a lucky bounce.

On the negative side, Huet has looked like a sieve...and responds with a great save. Oh well.

In any case, Brian Lee was sent down today for Martin Gerber. Can't really blame either side. Brian played well, but Ottawa has too much money invested in Gerber.