SiouxSports.com Forum

what do you think about the schedule

Fetch

i think the april 11th game should be the sioux's best this year :) every weekend of hockey in the wcha is a good one, can't wait for the season to start!!

I think it is very informative! I like the choice to incorporate the school color of pink into the schedule too! Clever!

It is a very ballanced schedule, Home 1 week then away the next, all season long.

can not wait for the first drop of the puck. :)

That part of the schedule looks great. Going to games 3 out of 4 weekends gets to be too much, especially when you pay for it by having a month where you hardly see the team.

i think the april 11th game should be the sioux's best this year :) every weekend of hockey in the wcha is a good one, can't wait for the season to start!!

Yes, that would be good since I live in the DC metro area I can actually go see a game!

Minnesota Duluth gets a break because they don't have to play the Sioux in the second half of the season.

Why 4 games against UAA why not just 2? Yeah I know they are a WCHA team but just wish we could play someone else now and then. Seems that so many teams would be better competetion for the Sioux. Such as Notre Dame, Miami, or other Eastern Schools.

Not too excited about the Manitoba exhibition game or the U.S. under 18 games either. Would rather see them play a lower division team in a notable Division I School, such USC with all its PAC 8 championships, or UCLA with its 75 years of hockey tradition. Last year Denver played USC. I think its time for NCAA division I hockey to expand west.

http://www.uscicehockey.com/

http://www.uclahockey.org/history.php

Minnesota Duluth gets a break because they don't have to play the Sioux in the second half of the season.

Why 4 games against UAA why not just 2? Yeah I know they are a WCHA team but just wish we could play someone else now and then. Seems that so many teams would be better competetion for the Sioux. Such as Notre Dame, Miami, or other Eastern Schools.

Not too excited about the Manitoba exhibition game or the U.S. under 18 games either. Would rather see them play a lower division team in a notable Division I School, such USC with all its PAC 8 championships, or UCLA with its 75 years of hockey tradition. Last year Denver played USC. I think its time for NCAA division I hockey to expand west.

You do understand that the Denver team that played USC was their JV team, though, and USC still lost 6-2. Many programs in the WCHA have JV teams that play in the ACHA, I know off hand that Minnesota, Saint Cloud State, and Minnesota-Duluth have JV teams there. I don't know why UND doesn't have a JV team, but I would suspect it is money. I don't know if an actual NCAA DI hockey team has played an ACHA team or not, but I guess I would rather see Manitoba or U18 than a big name school if the intramural champions at UND are better than the big name school. I don't want to sit through a 22-1 game all that bad.

I assume the Minn series will be part of the student season tix package, although classes are not in session.

no, they won't....I already asked. There is something in the works to get it so students can get those tickets....I only heard part of the plan, so I can't really say anything for sure.

wow no kidding. I doubt it too, but that might keep many students around thats for sure. Just another line for the students to wait in to get tickets, what a bummer.

What's really lame about the whole students not getting tickets to the gopher series is the fact that the series is the weekend before we are back in school, so most of the students will likely already be in town. So i think they should just give them to us. :) but personally, i never leave (lol) so i'm pretty pissed about not getting tickets to the game, it's the biggest game of the year at home no question! but whatev i'll still be there whether I have to buy regular gen admission seats or not.

wow no kidding. I doubt it too, but that might keep many students around thats for sure. Just another line for the students to wait in to get tickets, what a bummer.

What's really a bummer is that this is apparently the only series people care about. Every series is important. How come no one cares about the Cornell series over Thanksgiving that the students probably won't get tickets to either? Or the Bemidji State game over Christmas break? That's 3 additional games. Where's the outcry?

What's really lame about the whole students not getting tickets to the gopher series is the fact that the series is the weekend before we are back in school, so most of the students will likely already be in town. So i think they should just give them to us. :) but personally, i never leave (lol) so i'm pretty pissed about not getting tickets to the game, it's the biggest game of the year at home no question! but whatev i'll still be there whether I have to buy regular gen admission seats or not.

Doesn't every series either fall on a weekend when the students have just left or when they are just returning, except over the extended Christmas break? Spring break, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc.

What's really a bummer is that this is apparently the only series people care about. Every series is important. How come no one cares about the Cornell series over Thanksgiving that the students probably won't get tickets to either? Or the Bemidji State game over Christmas break? That's 3 additional games. Where's the outcry?

Doesn't every series either fall on a weekend when the students have just left or when they are just returning, except over the extended Christmas break? Spring break, Easter, Thanksgiving, etc.

Not every series does, but there's more so this year, at least in my opinion when i looked at the schedule. Every series is important, but the gopher series is a huge rivalry and everyone goes crazy for tickets every year they come here. I had a good 15 offers for my tickets last season. so i wouldn't say we don't care about the other series, but you really can't argue on the hype about the gopher series.

i like your way of thinking. ill give you four of our tix for the bemidji game for just two of yours for the goofer series. even trade... four tix for four tix... all games being even :) pm me you info and we can send each other the tickets. GO SIOUX!!

i like your way of thinking. ill give you four of our tix for the bemidji game for just two of yours for the goofer series. even trade... four tix for four tix... all games being even :) pm me you info and we can send each other the tickets. GO SIOUX!!

No doubt. Evidently, some people forget what it's like to be a student the day they graduate or, in some instances, never went to UND in the first place so they have no idea what they're talking about.

This is a pure shot in the dark, but I don't feel like starting a new thread and this does pertain to UND's schedule. Does anyone know when tickets for the Great Lakes Invitational go on sale? It would be great to see the Sioux play out here in Michigan, but it's over the holidays, so if I can't get tickets to the games, I'd like to get my flights home booked before the last minute.

How about:

Because they're a WCHA team and in the "rivals scheduling rotation system" used this is the year that UND plays UAA four times.

This year for UND it is:

Home and Road: SCSU, Wisconsin, MSU-Mankato, CC, UAA

Home only: Minnesota, DU

Road only: UMD, MTU

Last year is was:

Home and Road: SCSU, Minnesota, UMD, DU, MTU

Home only: CC, UAA

Road only: Wisconsin, MSU-Mankato

Give the info in the link and the last two seasons you can see that the "rivals pairs" are:

UND/SCSU; UM/UW; CC/DU; UMD/MSU-M; MTU/UAA.

Not too excited about the Manitoba exhibition game or the U.S. under 18 games either.

Manitoba is a cheap, easy game to schedule as an exhibition. Plus, it builds goodwill and collaboration between two premiere prairie universities. (Look into it and you'll see UND has been building ties with UManitoba.)

The U-18 game is a recruiting tool. You want those kids in to see The Ralph and keep the buzz going.

Would rather see them play a lower division team in a notable Division I School, such USC with all its PAC 8 championships, or UCLA with its 75 years of hockey tradition. Last year Denver played USC. I think its time for NCAA division I hockey to expand west.

You do realize of course that USC and UCLA are not playing NCAA ice hockey but merely ACHA club ice hockey.

They are playing club hockey. Not NCAA. Club, ... not even junior varsity*.

Quite honestly, cherry-pick the UND intramural league to create a UND club roster and you'll give either (USC, UCLA) way more than they want on the ice.

* JV implies that the school is playing the bill. Club means just that "club", kids paying their own way with the exception of maybe a couple thousand dollars from the Student Senate, the same couple thousand bucks the campus chess club and GLAAD chapter get from the Student Senate. JV = Athletic Department; Club = self-funded.