SiouxSports.com Forum

2008 Sioux Football

UND Fan

Isn't radio 740 now owned by a huge Bison supporter. I can definitely see that 74o will be the new home to Bison athletics, and if that happens Hammer will probably be joining the Bison broadcast team. When he is on his local broadcasts he sure seems to be buttering up to NDSU a lot more than he used too. As we have learned in the past sports announcers can change there colors very quickly if they have too.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't radio 740 now owned by a huge Bison supporter. I can definitely see that 74o will be the new home to Bison athletics, and if that happens Hammer will probably be joining the Bison broadcast team. When he is on his local broadcasts he sure seems to be buttering up to NDSU a lot more than he used too. As we have learned in the past sports announcers can change there colors very quickly if they have too.

It's an Ingstad station, correct? There are members of the Ingstad family that are UND alumni as well, not that it matters at all.

Corner Delano Saporu hasn't even been in uniform for the first three games. Considering he didn't red-shirt as a true freshman, and that Dominique Hawkins has played quite well as his replacement, might the coaching staff consider red-shirting him this year? I can't imagine he'll play on Thursday if he didn't even suit up yesterday, and once you've missed four of ten games, it seems like kind of a waste to use up a whole year of eligibility for six games (at most).

By my count, there are eight kids from the recruiting class of 2007 who are no longer on the roster--Simmons, Kubacki, Bryant, Tru Nguyen, Cory Hanson, Deryk Van Zee, John Carruth and Nick Bylin. Luckily that was a large class. Still, losing one-third of a recruiting class before the start of their second year in the program isn't good. As far as I know, none of them are playing elsewhere right now.

FWIW, I see Mark Kubacki, LB from Stillwater, has re-appeared on the Sioux roster.

Corner Delano Saporu hasn't even been in uniform for the first three games. Considering he didn't red-shirt as a true freshman, and that Dominique Hawkins has played quite well as his replacement, might the coaching staff consider red-shirting him this year? I can't imagine he'll play on Thursday if he didn't even suit up yesterday, and once you've missed four of ten games, it seems like kind of a waste to use up a whole year of eligibility for six games (at most).

I hope you don't mind, UND92,96 , but I asked coach your question when he was on Mac Talk this morning. He said they won't red shirt him, and they hope he'll be ready to play on Thursday, and if not he will definatly be back by the Western Washington game in a month.

I hope you don't mind, UND92,96 , but I asked coach your question when he was on Mac Talk this morning. He said they won't red shirt him, and they hope he'll be ready to play on Thursday, and if not he will definatly be back by the Western Washington game in a month.

Interesting. I suppose it's possible that Saporu simply has no interest in red-shirting, but with three good corners already (Otto, Hawkins and Watkins), it doesn't necessarily seem like corner is a big position of need. It just seems like this would be a perfect year to red-shirt, given the fact that the schedule is only going to get better in the future, and there are only 10 games this year.

Interesting. I suppose it's possible that Saporu simply has no interest in red-shirting, but with three good corners already (Otto, Hawkins and Watkins), it doesn't necessarily seem like corner is a big position of need. It just seems like this would be a perfect year to red-shirt, given the fact that the schedule is only going to get better in the future, and there are only 10 games this year.

I agree. But, Watkins is a bit banged up now too (hamstring), so maybe if Saporu is healthy that's who's spot he takes and Watkins plays more in nickel situations. I can't see them taking time away from Hawkins with the way that he has played thus far.

I was thinking the same thing about Ismael Bamba. He hasn't seen much time, and apparently he could be an impact player in the future. Wouldn't it have been nice to trade Dressler's first year for another kick at the can this season. Whatever they end up doing, I hope they are loaded for their first season of playoff eligibility like the Bison.

I agree. But, Watkins is a bit banged up now too (hamstring), so maybe if Saporu is healthy that's who's spot he takes and Watkins plays more in nickel situations. I can't see them taking time away from Hawkins with the way that he has played thus far.

Mussman mentioned on the coaches' show that Saporu won't be making the trip to Idaho St., and as he apparently did when you asked the question, said he'll likely be back by the Western Washington game. That would mean he'd at most be playing five games of a 10-game schedule. :lol:

Maybe the coaches figure that having success this year will lead to better recruiting out of the gate and offset the loss of most of a year for one or two players. I am very interested to see how the Sioux do against Idaho. I must admit to some trepidation about where they stand without the game-breakers we've had in the past and with a new coach.

Maybe the coaches figure that having success this year will lead to better recruiting out of the gate and offset the loss of most of a year for one or two players. I am very interested to see how the Sioux do against Idaho. I must admit to some trepidation about where they stand without the game-breakers we've had in the past and with a new coach.

They should do fine against a bad BSC team.

With Brandon Jordan apparently done due to chronic knee problems, and the uncertain status of Otto and Saporu, what are UND's options at corner behind freshmen Hawkins and Watkins? Carl Hanson apparently wasn't even on the travel squad last week, but if neither Otto nor Saporu can go, I assume he becomes the third corner, unless Ankenbauer or somebody else moves to corner? It seems like just last week I was wondering why in the world Saporu wasn't going to red-shirt this year...

With Brandon Jordan apparently done due to chronic knee problems, and the uncertain status of Otto and Saporu, what are UND's options at corner behind freshmen Hawkins and Watkins? Carl Hanson apparently wasn't even on the travel squad last week, but if neither Otto nor Saporu can go, I assume he becomes the third corner, unless Ankenbauer or somebody else moves to corner? It seems like just last week I was wondering why in the world Saporu wasn't going to red-shirt this year...

Ankenbauer could play corner and Mitch Kudrna could be brought along as an emergency back up plan.

• 3 weeks later...

Mussman indicated tonight on the coaches' show that Saporu is questionable for the game this Saturday, and that if he doesn't play he will red-shirt after all.

• 2 weeks later...

Update on the records of the teams we have played or will play this year:

TAMKU 6-3

St Cloud St 6-3

Wis Lacrosse 2-5

Idaho St 0-8

SE LA 4-4

W Washington 4-4

UC Davis 5-4

Southern Ill. 5-2

S. Utah 3-5

South Dakota 3-4