SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Faison with another genious contract he negotiated

As someone mentioned above, UND didn't have a whole lot of negotiating power when this contract was done. At the time, we were in a 5 team conference and the Big Sky and a 8 game conference schedule were on our wish list, not a reality. When scheduling we had to take what we could get. Don't let the facts get in the way of your constant complaining.

Wayne Nelson Blog from 9-19-09:

UND's home-and-home football contract with Montana calls for a $100,000 buyout. After the home-and-home contract was announced earlier this week, there was some speculation that Montana may not return the game.

Can't imagine many Division I FCS teams willing to pay that much to skip out on a return game. But you never know.

The Central Arkansas buyout was $150,000.

We could chip in on a buy out of their Western Carolina game and schedule a game for the 14th in the Fargo Dome. I'm sure their fans no matter how arrogant and stubborn they may be would much rather watch the Bizun pound UND instead of pound Western Carolina. Hopefully Montana pulls the trigger and we can make a deal.

If UND wins the first game GT will vow never to schedule us again.

We could chip in on a buy out of their Western Carolina game and schedule a game for the 14th in the Fargo Dome. I'm sure their fans no matter how arrogant and stubborn they may be would much rather watch the Bizun pound UND instead of pound Western Carolina. Hopefully Montana pulls the trigger and we can make a deal.

Wouldn't it be something if they were working on sending Western Carolina to Montana so they could play the UND/NDSU game again, that would drop a few jaws along the Red River.

Honestly when I saw that Montana was scheduled to go to Grand Forks 3 years in a row I thought they would buyout the middle OOC game almost immediately after UND joined the league, not because there's anything wrong with UND or Grand Forks but playing somebody 3 years in a row at their place just seems unlikely unless the league mandates it. But as of now it's still scheduled so maybe it will happen, I hope so because I missed the first one and want to come next year.

Rumor on the Griz board is that the new Montana AD is attempting to buy out UM's non-conference September game in Grand Forks.

http://www.egriz.com...php?f=1&t=60022

I don't like when schools buy games out. It has happened many times to both UND and NDSU. I would think Montana would feel a little more of an obligation to UND because they are in the same conference. It would be very poor of Montana to do that. It wouldn't exactly be a situation that would create good feelings between same conference teams. I would think Montana would be above that.

I imagine that is why they are dropping the game. A.) They can have a home-game and make a lot of money. B.) May want to play other teams.

Losing this year probably didn't help but normally they are such a powerhouse I don't think they would be too concerned with that.

Getting games bought out blows.

I imagine that is why they are dropping the game. A.) They can have a home-game and make a lot of money. B.) May want to play other teams.

Losing this year probably didn't help but normally they are such a powerhouse I don't think they would be too concerned with that.

Getting games bought out blows.

Lets make the game happen, in the dome, once North Dakota gets another taste of that game they will demand more. Doesn't even matter who wins or by how much, the publicity would be insane and the atmosphere at and leading up to the game would be like no other. Nobody cares about Western Carolina anyway, buy them out and get an instant classic on the schedule.

Lets make the game happen, in the dome, once North Dakota gets another taste of that game they will demand more. Doesn't even matter who wins or by how much, the publicity would be insane and the atmosphere at and leading up to the game would be like no other. Nobody cares about Western Carolina anyway, buy them out and get an instant classic on the schedule.

Gene Taylor does...its an easy DI win for NDSU. WCU is almost exactly like Prairie View.

If UND offered to come to Fargo(no return)...and to pay the buyout against WCU, I think it'd be a very tough deal for Gene to turn down.

You guys cover buss faire and it a done deal. How much is westerns buyout?

Stop. Being. So. Desperate.

The game will happen eventually. We don't have to whore ourselves out to Moo U for it.

Better than playing a D2 team.

That's why you use the buyout money to bring in a Drake or Prairie View type of team.

Stop. Being. So. Desperate.

The game will happen eventually. We don't have to whore ourselves out to Moo U for it.

That's why you use the buyout money to bring in a Drake or Prairie View type of team.

Perhaps I should have used pink font for the bus faire comment?

I'm not desperate, just tired of waiting for gt to finish measuring his Dick.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

Okay. It wasn't on the wiki page so I didn't know if UND had an FBS game next season or not.

I believe UNDsports.com has had it up for quite a while. They have the scheduled games for 2013, 2014 and 2015 on there as well (I believe it matches what is currently on the wiki).

I believe UNDsports.com has had it up for quite a while. They have the scheduled games for 2013, 2014 and 2015 on there as well (I believe it matches what is currently on the wiki).

And for 2016 it appears we are travelling to Bowling Green for one of the non-conf games.