SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

Finally heard something back on this, was told UND declined to sign the contract for 9/21/2013 vs USD @ Sioux Falls. No word on 2014.

Would've been nice to have a driveable road game.

Any idea why UND didn't sign the contract? Are games in future years still on the table?

Any idea why UND didn't sign the contract? Are games in future years still on the table?

UND already has 11 games with 7 at home. They open with Valpo, South Dakota State, and Montana - all at home. They then have a bye the week that was discussed. Montana State at home is after the bye. No reason to go down to USD for a 12th game and lose a bye week doing it.

That stretch of games would be ridiculously tough.

EDIT: Look at the home schedule in 2013 - unbelievable: SDSU, Montana, Montana State, and Eastern Washington. :)

• Upvote 2

The 2013 schedule has a ridiculous run in it: SDSU, Montana, open, Montana State. Putting USD in the open slot would be murder's row. Based on that and already having 7 home games says UND is definitely looking at making a playoff run.

Plus, not signing that USD home and home allows UND to look for a one-time "money game" in 2014 (where there is space for it).

Projected UND FB schedules at: http://wiki.siouxsports.com/doku.php

UND already has 11 games with 7 at home. They open with Valpo, South Dakota State, and Montana - all at home. They then have a bye the week that was discussed. Montana State at home is after the bye. No reason to go down to USD for a 12th game and lose a bye week doing it.

That stretch of games would be ridiculously tough.

EDIT: Look at the home schedule in 2013 - unbelievable: SDSU, Montana, Montana State, and Eastern Washington. :)

I think that is the key....losing a bye week. Bye's help with injuries and remember we will most likely have Mollberg a Freshman at QB in 2013 against these teams. Yes Valpo should be a blowout but SDSU and Montana just for OOC games...YIKES! It would be nice to play USD again but not in 2013...maybe Faison is still hoping GT will come to his senses and schedule UND (of course hell would be freezing over at that point). But IMO UND vs USD will happen again just not in 2013.

• 3 weeks later...

It seems someone is able to leverage hockey relationships to schedule football games.

"New Hampshire's relationship with the Gophers in hockey led to the Wildcats stepping in as the replacement."

http://www.twincitie...-will-be-dakota

I really hope we can get Minnesota or Wisconsin on future schedules for the football team. I have always wanted to see a game at Camp Randall. Would love it to be against UND!!

• Upvote 2

I really hope we can get Minnesota or Wisconsin on future schedules for the football team. I have always wanted to see a game at Camp Randall. Would love it to be against UND!!

Another scenario would be games vs Western Michigan or Miami of Ohio. Or a football game at Bowling Green in exchange for a hockey series in Grand Forks.

• Upvote 2

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting...it is not on our schedule yet. I would like to get them on the schedule again...but at our place of course :bigsmile:

I would assume it is part of a home and home. Doubt USD would pay the money amount of money it would cost to bring UND in for a single home game. Wonder if the return game has been scheduled or is TBD? 2015 makes sense as the only OOC game scheduled is at Wyoming.

• Upvote 1

I would assume it is part of a home and home. Doubt USD would pay the money amount of money it would cost to bring UND in for a single home game. Wonder if the return game has been scheduled or is TBD? 2015 makes sense as the only OOC game scheduled is at Wyoming.

Isn't that the year UND is supposed to meet NDSU. ;)

The game program showed UND playing at USD on 9/20/14. (Would not be real surprised if game is played in Sioux Falls) 2015 schedule is also included in the program and it shows 10 games, of which only 4 are home games, with open dates on Sep 19 & Sep 26. Am guessing USD will play at UND in 2016.

The game program showed UND playing at USD on 9/20/14. (Would not be real surprised if game is played in Sioux Falls) 2015 schedule is also included in the program and it shows 10 games, of which only 4 are home games, with open dates on Sep 19 & Sep 26. Am guessing USD will play at UND in 2016.

What kind of crowd/festivities are expected for the SF game vs ndsu?

Thanks, I was wondering what sort of capacity it would have being that none or the larger state schools are in SF. Google may have my answer.

Wikipedia says 10,000. I wonder if they are able to add seating for special events? I know they did some renovations a few years ago, including putting in new turf.