SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

One thing that I like about the the 2013 schedule is most of the game times being later in the day. I think it was too early for students to get up and go to the Alerus center when the game was at noon... as ridiculous as that might sound. I am a student that went to every home game last year and, besides the homecoming game, it seemed to me that the Thursday night Drake game had the highest student attendance.

Noon games or early afternoon games are for Memorial Stadium (no lights), I thought the purpose of the dome was night games.

• Upvote 1

Let's beat San Diego State first; they lost an awesome RB and QB from last year!

I was thinking that since Western Michigan and Miami are in the new hockey conference that we could begin to build a football relationship there. This is probably a pipe dream but try to negotiate a 2 for 1 type of scheduling agreement to get a FBS team into the AL for the first time. Probably pretty far fetched but a cool idea to ponder none the less.

• Upvote 1

Let's beat San Diego State first; they lost an awesome RB and QB from last year!

I was thinking that since Western Michigan and Miami are in the new hockey conference that we could begin to build a football relationship there. This is probably a pipe dream but try to negotiate a 2 for 1 type of scheduling agreement to get a FBS team into the AL for the first time. Probably pretty far fetched but a cool idea to ponder none the less.

I was thinking the same thing when we went FCS. I figured we could get schools such as Maine, New Hampshire, etc to play in home and homes with...unfortunately that has never happened.

Getting a FCS team up here is hard enough with $$$ could you imagine the $$$ to fork over for an FBS team to come here? We could have better attendance if Eastern Michigan were to come here. They only average around 8,000 or so anyways. :lol:

Getting a FCS team up here is hard enough with $$$ could you imagine the $$$ to fork over for an FBS team to come here? We could have better attendance if Eastern Michigan were to come here. They only average around 8,000 or so anyways. :lol:

I agree, focus on the FCS games and take advantage of the $ benefits of going FBS schools when those opportunities arise

• 3 weeks later...

Hah so true! It will sell out within minutes after tickets go on sale; but everyone has totally moved on :silly:

The Fargo Dome will be full of 19,000+ people for that first game, all of whom have moved on (and all of whom bought their tickets within 10 minutes after they went on sale).

The Fargo Dome will be full of 20,000 people for that first game, all of whom have moved on (and all of whom bought their tickets within 10 minutes after they went on sale).

The fargodome doesn't hold 20,000. I imagine about 18,600 being there though. Also depends a bit on if the teams are good.

In response to the commit about how much it will matters will be how each team does. I would say that fans just want it back. I do not care if Sioux OR BISON lose by 45 points It is just nice to know the rival will be back after such a long break. If we lose the sioux we should try to get it so we can have players wear the sioux jerseys for the games. The same for basketball soccer and all future und/ndsu games

I believe it holds 18,901 or something like that. But that doesn't mean everyone with a ticket will show up. For one reason or another, not everyone will make it. Sickness, weddings, kids' events, etc.

If UND wins, Lakes will probably kill himself. I myself plan on falling on a sword if NDSU loses, cause thats honorable and stuff.

I think it will be interesting to see how the players respond to it. I'm sure they are aware that the fanbases don't like each other and all the other hooplah, but they still probably won't quite have that animosity towards one another.

Discuss.

I believe it holds 18,901 or something like that. But that doesn't mean everyone with a ticket will show up. For one reason or another, not everyone will make it. Sickness, weddings, kids' events, etc.

If UND wins, Lakes will probably kill himself. I myself plan on falling on a sword if NDSU loses, cause thats honorable and stuff.

I think it will be interesting to see how the players respond to it. I'm sure they are aware that the fanbases don't like each other and all the other hooplah, but they still probably won't quite have that animosity towards one another.

Discuss.

My whole family will be at the Fargodome (with me the only UND fan). It is going to be just like that Football America video which I may have to pop in the DVD player and watch. Welcome back UND-NDSU rivalry!!!

This will definitely be the toughest ticket to get in the history on North Dakota sports!! With 12000 season ticket holders at NDSU, 4000 students, that leaves only 1000-2000 tickets available!!! I hope to get my hands on a ticket...but man, its gonna be tough!!! But whether I watch it live or on TV, I will just be happy the game is being played...finally!

My whole family will be at the Fargodome (with me the only UND fan). It is going to be just like that Football America video which I may have to pop in the DVD player and watch. Welcome back UND-NDSU rivalry!!!

I also wonder how many UND fans will get tickets? This isn't the 90's anymore when people can get tickets for this game if they want. Assuming NDSU season tickets are at 12,500 ( I have read this number I think on bisonville a few times) and another 3,800 student tickets. That is 16,300. Assuming that they will sell 19,000 tickets or thereabouts, that leaves 2,700 tickets. Then throw in that a lot of non-season ticket holding NDSU fans will want to go....

A possibility is that NDSU and UND maybe make an agreement to get the away-team ticket allotment to be higher than normal. This will be an exceptionally difficult ticket to get in Fargo.

I also wonder how many UND fans will get tickets? This isn't the 90's anymore when people can get tickets for this game if they want. Assuming NDSU season tickets are at 12,500 ( I have read this number I think on bisonville a few times) and another 3,800 student tickets. That is 16,300. Assuming that they will sell 19,000 tickets or thereabouts, that leaves 2,700 tickets. Then throw in that a lot of non-season ticket holding NDSU fans will want to go....

A possibility is that NDSU and UND maybe make an agreement to get the away-team ticket allotment to be higher than normal. This will be an exceptionally difficult ticket to get in Fargo.

Can we move the game to Michigan's stadium...100,000 people!! Plenty of tickets would be available then. ;)

Kind of an understatement considering you had players starting chants during the championship celebration.