SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

If we play the home and home with USD we would have 11 games set up in 2014. OOC vs USD, and Robert Morris and at San Jose State so barring any backouts we would be set for the next 2 years with no worries at all.

And with real nice schedules in those two years. Kudos to Brian and the football staff for the work they have done with scheduling.*

*Minus the School of Mines game this year.

So we have a home and away with USD in the future set up. SDSU is coming here in 2013 also. We have home and away series with the 2 Montana schools through the Big Sky. Exciting to see were keeping all our rivalries going.

I also see we have Montana, Montana State, Eastern Washington and SDSU all at home in 2013. What a schedule!!!!!!

I think with our 7 home games and with those 4 at home we have to be a favorite for the playoffs. At least we know attendance will be good!!

Best part of the type of scheduling we could have is only one easy FCS non-conference. One or two very good, local, non conference game and if its a road game it is close for fans to travel. An an FBS if we want it. This wouldn't be possible if we were in the MVFC as these would obviously be conference games and we would have to pay a lot of money to bring in a couple cupcakes.

I could see UNI being interested in scheduling a home and home as they are another team whose program is looking for money right now and would be interested in a close home and home.

If we play the home and home with USD we would have 11 games set up in 2014. OOC vs USD, and Robert Morris and at San Jose State so barring any backouts we would be set for the next 2 years with no worries at all.

nice to be in a true conference isn't it? :)

If the USD games are true and the non-conference Montana game holds true, we have some rediculously good schedules coming up, especially home schedules. And we will be playing many of our most difficult games at home. That should help our chances of making the playoffs.

So that means UND will NOT be playing an FBS team in 2013.

I have no problem with us not playing a FBS team any year. A completely FCS schedule will give us the best chance of making the playoffs, which should be our ultimate goal every year. Games such as the San Jose State game just don't really excite me. If we are going to play an FBS game, let's at least do it against regional opponents that will interest the casual sports fan in the region.

• Upvote 2

If the USD games are true and the non-conference Montana game holds true, we have some rediculously good schedules coming up, especially home schedules. And we will be playing many of our most difficult games at home. That should help our chances of making the playoffs.

I have no problem with us not playing a FBS team any year. A completely FCS schedule will give us the best chance of making the playoffs, which should be our ultimate goal every year. Games such as the San Jose State game just don't really excite me. If we are going to play an FBS game, let's at least do it against regional opponents that will interest the casual sports fan in the region.

Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa State are right now the only available regional FBS teams with the current nickname. Retire the name and Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota become available.

Wyoming, Nebraska, and Iowa State are right now the only available regional FBS teams with the current nickname. Retire the name and Wisconsin, Iowa and Minnesota become available.

With the focus of recruiting on Illinois, I'd love to see some games with Northwestern, Illinois, Northern Illinois to take advantage of that.

With the focus of recruiting on Illinois, I'd love to see some games with Northwestern, Illinois, Northern Illinois to take advantage of that.

I think this one could be a beatable game. We almost won it the last time we played them.

Hopefully the students will show because it's on a Thursday night, instead of going home to mama and papa on the weekend-- at least they might stay for the first half. ???

One thing that I like about the the 2013 schedule is most of the game times being later in the day. I think it was too early for students to get up and go to the Alerus center when the game was at noon... as ridiculous as that might sound. I am a student that went to every home game last year and, besides the homecoming game, it seemed to me that the Thursday night Drake game had the highest student attendance.