SiouxSports.com Forum

Future Schedules

dakotadan

It looks like the nonconference schedule has the following for 2012..

Sept. 15 San Diego State San Diego, CA

TBD Central Arkansas Grand Forks, ND

TBD SDSM&T Grand Forks, ND

"The Hardrockers already have two NCAA contests set in football for 2012, with an away game at the University of North Dakota and a home date with Colorado School of Mines."

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/college/article_628ed6a0-5830-11e0-8ac8-001cc4c03286.html

It looks like the nonconference schedule has the following for 2012..

Sept. 15 San Diego State San Diego, CA

TBD Central Arkansas Grand Forks, ND

TBD SDSM&T Grand Forks, ND

"The Hardrockers already have two NCAA contests set in football for 2012, with an away game at the University of North Dakota and a home date with Colorado School of Mines."

http://rapidcityjournal.com/sports/college/article_628ed6a0-5830-11e0-8ac8-001cc4c03286.html

ARE YOU F-CKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

• Upvote 1

ARE YOU F-CKING KIDDING ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

1 - home game DII

1 - home nonconference FCS

1 - one money game

8 - conference 4 home and 4 away.

6 home games looks good to me so far..

Is 2012 and 12 week season? if so, maybe 1 more game coming. Not sure why you are so upset?!?!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

1 - home game DII

1 - home nonconference FCS

1 - one money game

8 - conference 4 home and 4 away.

6 home games looks good to me so far..

Is 2012 and 12 week season? if so, maybe 1 more game coming. Not sure why you are so upset?!?!

I think 2013 is the 12 week season. Why are we still scheduling D2 teams? 2012 we are playoff eligible and there is no playoff help by playing a D2 team. Do you see NDSU playing them..NO! There are other BSC teams not a "conference game" why not play them. Enough of the no crowd games against D2 schools. Whats next another Sioux Falls game in 2013?

• Upvote 1

I think 2013 is the 12 week season. Why are we still scheduling D2 teams? 2012 we are playoff eligible and there is no playoff help by playing a D2 team. Do you see NDSU playing them..NO! There are other BSC teams not a "conference game" why not play them. Enough of the no crowd games against D2 schools. Whats next another Sioux Falls game in 2013?

I agree with darell..... ???

Not a fan of that game on the schedule.

Regarding the 2012 schedule, here is our take:

1. If you think it is a joke to schedule a D2 team as one of your non-conference home games then you better let Montana and Montana State know also because they have made a habit of it.

2. It is our first year of eligibility and frankly there is no guarantee how attendance is going to be. How can the AD drop 150k on an east coast doormat if he doesn't know how many people will show?

3. Our other non-conference home game is against a perennial Southland power in Central Arkansas. That is an excellent home game.

4. We have San Diego State, who has turned it around and was in a Bowl this year, as our FBS game. Once again, not some 1-11 doormat FBS team.

5. That leaves 4 Big Sky home games. All of which are going to be tough for our program at this point. (we have heard that Montana State is one of them and based on how the Great West schedule will be this year and how UND is going to UNC this year, we are also guessing that Davis and UNC will be at home--don't know about the 4th game though, could be SUU). Complete guess but we will see.

6. Honestly, do you think the coaching staff really wants Central Arkansas, 4 Big Sky teams, and another good FCS team as their home slate. Every team in the country tries to play one dog. In some cases they get two (wink wink).

These are our thoughts on the schedule.

• Upvote 1

I wish instead of the D2 game we could play USD. It would be a fun game, and draw a hell of a bigger crowd than SD school of Mines.

Got to agree with you on this one. I'd gladly see them cash in the DII game and lose the guaranteed sixth home game every other year for an annual game with USD at alternating sites. Definitely a lot more interest, and if the concern is W's and L's, what's gained with the DII game?

I wish instead of the D2 game we could play USD. It would be a fun game, and draw a hell of a bigger crowd than SD school of Mines.

I do not have a problem with the D2 game, but would have rather played USD if available or a D2 from the area that could draw some fans i.e. UMD, SCSU, Augustana, or Mankato that would have some rivalry fan interest to it. Black Hills is not going to be a draw.

Regarding the 2012 schedule, here is our take:

1. If you think it is a joke to schedule a D2 team as one of your non-conference home games then you better let Montana and Montana State know also because they have made a habit of it.

2. It is our first year of eligibility and frankly there is no guarantee how attendance is going to be. How can the AD drop 150k on an east coast doormat if he doesn't know how many people will show?

3. Our other non-conference home game is against a perennial Southland power in Central Arkansas. That is an excellent home game.

4. We have San Diego State, who has turned it around and was in a Bowl this year, as our FBS game. Once again, not some 1-11 doormat FBS team.

5. That leaves 4 Big Sky home games. All of which are going to be tough for our program at this point. (we have heard that Montana State is one of them and based on how the Great West schedule will be this year and how UND is going to UNC this year, we are also guessing that Davis and UNC will be at home--don't know about the 4th game though, could be SUU). Complete guess but we will see.

6. Honestly, do you think the coaching staff really wants Central Arkansas, 4 Big Sky teams, and another good FCS team as their home slate. Every team in the country tries to play one dog. In some cases they get two (wink wink).

These are our thoughts on the schedule.

Montana has often times NOT played a FBS team, that's why you'll see a DII team on the schedule. In regards to point #2, you have to invest in the program and over time that investment will pay off, it is very likely that a "doormat" from the eastcoast could be a cupcake which could provide a win that gets us enough wins to be playoff eligible. If you ask me that worth spending 150k regardless how many people show up. A playoff team is likely to boost attendence the following year...again another reason to INVEST 150k in the FB program.

Montana has often times NOT played a FBS team, that's why you'll see a DII team on the schedule. In regards to point #2, you have to invest in the program and over time that investment will pay off, it is very likely that a "doormat" from the eastcoast could be a cupcake which could provide a win that gets us enough wins to be playoff eligible. If you ask me that worth spending 150k regardless how many people show up. A playoff team is likely to boost attendence the following year...again another reason to INVEST 150k in the FB program.

This is the key argument. Are fans going to care if we win or lose to D2 teams when it does NOT count towards the playoffs..NO!!! Just ask Montana the risk of playing D2 teams. Any FCS team is acceptable doormat or not when you tell the average Sioux fan if we win we are closer to the playoffs but if we win against SD Mines it means.....NOTHING, its like playing an exhibition game in the middle of the season. Get rid of this game!

I understand the dislike for seeing a D2 team on the schedule, don't get me wrong. I would love to see an all FCS schedule too. The only reason I can come up with is finances. If more people show up, better teams will come. As we have all seen, the price for bringing teams into Grand Forks/Fargo has practically doubled in the last 5 years and that is a real problem.

Lets hope attendance/wins are up this year so the AD can feel like he can afford to schedule better FCS teams.

I understand the dislike for seeing a D2 team on the schedule, don't get me wrong. I would love to see an all FCS schedule too. The only reason I can come up with is finances. If more people show up, better teams will come. As we have all seen, the price for bringing teams into Grand Forks/Fargo has practically doubled in the last 5 years and that is a real problem.

Lets hope attendance/wins are up this year so the AD can feel like he can afford to schedule better FCS teams.

Bottom Line: Go support the team no matter who they play so that we can afford to get FCS teams in the Alerus for the non-conference schedule in the future.

If we want to HELP solve this problem.....we should simply go to the games and support the program.

• Upvote 1

Bottom Line: Go support the team no matter who they play so that we can afford to get FCS teams in the Alerus for the non-conference schedule in the future.

If we want to HELP solve this problem.....we should simply go to the games and support the program.

While I also would prefer to see FCS teams visit GF rather than DII teams, I fully agree with the above comments.

Sorry but most people are on budgets and some work on weekends and those like me who would have to take a vacation day from work, drive 80 miles to see the Sioux play SD Mines? I think not. I am not going to waste money on a game that means nothing. People will come when we are out of the GWFC and into the BSC and when playoffs are on the line, but when we play teams that have the same meaning as they do now....what's the point?

Sorry but most people are on budgets and some work on weekends and those like me who would have to take a vacation day from work, drive 80 miles to see the Sioux play SD Mines? I think not. I am not going to waste money on a game that means nothing. People will come when we are out of the GWFC and into the BSC and when playoffs are on the line, but when we play teams that have the same meaning as they do now....what's the point?

The point's already been made by UNDvince and others. As to the people who are on budgets, work weekends, etc., they probably wouldn't be attending a good FCS, nonconference home game, anyway.

An FCS program with no DII or NAIA opponents on the schedule seems to be the exception rather than the norm..........

most Big Sky Schools play up or down in OOC due to the lack of regional FCS schools. All BSC teams other than Portland State and Weber played "down" last year, however those two schools played two FBS games. With the BSC gobbling up all the potential FCS OOC opponents in its region, I would expect to that trend continue. CAA and SoCon schools often play all DI schedules, because they are surrounded by DI teams. In addition, no MVFC team is scheduled to play "down" next year.

The Montana schools have played D2 schools. Most schools have a doormat on their schedule. NDSU plays ST. Joseph school of hair design next year and they play Lafayette too. They have 2 doormats. It happens. Hopefully we will get to a point it won't. Scheduling is a real pain. If we as fans keep coming to games and supporting them we can grow the financial situation of our athletic programs which might result in being able to afford to not have to bring in one doormat every year... I do think there is going to be a game every year of the easier nature though. That is just what happens in almost every program at every school.

The point's already been made by UNDvince and others. As to the people who are on budgets, work weekends, etc., they probably wouldn't be attending a good FCS, nonconference home game, anyway.

I would. I went to the Potato Bowl game last year against NE Oklahoma St. Because I figured this would be the last time they were known as the Fighting Sioux and wanted my son to go to his first Sioux game to be memorable. Well after the crap schedule that is D2 teams this year (the only good NC home game is Drake) I won't be going to any Sioux games this season. In 2012 I would like to see the Sioux against BSC games or Central Arkansas, but SD Mines....all I have to say is I won't be there.

Ok fine, that's your prerogative. Stay home then. Just realize that instead of helping solve the problem you complain about, you are actually adding to the problem.

But by all means......carry on with your tirade on scheduling....

• Downvote 1