SiouxSports.com Forum

Taylor Chorney

fargosioux

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if the rumors are true best of luck to Taylor. It's probably better this way to have hime be where he wants to be versus coming back which it sounds like he really doesn't want to do.

I completely agree. He needs to do what he wants to do, and best of luck in whatever that is. We need players who really want to be here.

Oilers prospect determined to make professional move pay off

Edmonton Journal

"It was time. I had played three years and I felt I had accomplished a lot of the things at school I had set out to do and I'm 21 now.

"Something just clicked," continued the defenceman who captained Team USA at the 2007 world juniors. "I was always pretty confident that physically, I was going to be able to make the jump, but I think that mentally you have to make sure that you're ready because there's no turning back."

Good Luck Taylor - Hello Corey Fienhage.

No fair. You've already thought about this. :D From The Boards Room....

Andrew MacWilliam, Joe Gleason, and Cory Finehage will all be 18.5 years this fall; however, MacWilliam is coming from an AJHL championship team this season, the others, the MSHSL and short stints in the USHL. MacWilliam seems next in line if there is a defensive early departure, with the remaining two filling the slots due to open for 2009.

Aw, drats!! I was so hoping that Taylor would take his dad's advice and get his degree before leaving for the big time. But, I understand why this is a good time for him to leave. The injury at the F4 was really scarey and could have been a career ender.

Good luck, Taylor. We are most certainly going to miss you!!

Update from the Sioux blog:

We know these players are gone:

F -- Rylan Kaip

F -- T.J. Oshie

F -- Michael Forney (USHL)

F/D -- Kyle Radke

D -- Taylor Chorney

D -- Robbie Bina

G -- Phil Lamoureux

These players will be coming in:

F -- Brett Hextall

F -- Mario Lamoureux

F -- Jason Gregoire

F -- David Toews

D -- Ben Blood

G -- Brad Eidsness

The Sioux will very likely add at least one more skater to the 2008 rookie class. And they still could add a goaltender, too.

I would guess that the other skater will be the addition of MacWilliam to cover Chorney's spot, and then possibly a goalie to replace Snider if needed.

Also from that blog post:

I am guessing that Bruneteau and Cichy each will spend another year in the USHL. Bruneteau barely played after his concussion (and didn't put up that good of numbers when he did play) and Cichy might need another year of junior development. Plus, you are forgetting about Forney's departure, which opens up a sport for Toews.

Kaip, Radke, Forney, Oshie depart

Hextall, Lamoureux, Gregoire, Toews come in

That's how I see it happening (unless Kozek departs as well).

That's a low-hanging fruit guess for two reasons:

- My blog was written before USHL protected lists came out (with Cichy and Bruneteau on them) and before Forney's departure was announced. You got to cheat off of that.

- About two weeks after my blog (at Sioux Boosters in Fargo according to my sources), Hak said those four forwards are coming in.

To me the only remaining question (given Kozek staying) is Finley; however, I'm guessing Big Joe stays.

I would guess that the other skater will be the addition of MacWilliam to cover Chorney's spot, ...

No citing where that notion came from? :D

QUOTE (GeauxSioux @ Jun 2 2008, 09:43 AM)

No fair. You've already thought about this. From The Boards Room....

That's a low-hanging fruit guess for two reasons:

- My blog was written before USHL protected lists came out (with Cichy and Bruneteau on them) and before Forney's departure was announced. You got to cheat off of that.

- About two weeks after my blog (at Sioux Boosters in Fargo according to my sources), Hak said those four forwards are coming in.

To me the only remaining question (given Kozek staying) is Finley; however, I'm guessing Big Joe stays.

I hope you're right aout big joe. despite what some posters on here think having him back would be a big assett to the d-corps.

Not the kind of thing you hear out of some programs.

no, if it was red berenson he have said toews wasnt ready until he was done with 4 years. i like how hakstol is real with the players. it is the kind of thing that helps gain more respect from the players that are borderline.

no, if it was red berenson he have said toews wasnt ready until he was done with 4 years. i like how hakstol is real with the players. it is the kind of thing that helps gain more respect from the players that are borderline.

Hmm, really? Facts never stood in the way of a good argument over here...

http://www.uscho.com/news/college-hockey/i...nSituation.html

Berenson has been on record saying that