SiouxSports.com Forum

Taylor Chorney

fargosioux

I will explain. The half that voted for chorney were meth-heads, just like me. We would all go to the soup kitchen together and chorney would serve us dinner. He was a great guy and even though he wasn't very good at hockey, his pleasant demeanor and nonstop giving back to the community made the meth-head captains vote for him.

You are not only an idiot...........but also an idiot w/too much free time.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are not only an idiot...........but also an idiot w/too much free time.

Cmon man, I'm a meth-head. I don't hold a real job or have a residence. My day is consumed with finding meth and then using it. Once I'm done with that, I'm free to do whatever. I'm not completely lazy, though. I'll rake your yard for a hit. What is your address?

Cmon man, I'm a meth-head. I don't hold a real job or have a residence. My day is consumed with finding meth and then using it. Once I'm done with that, I'm free to do whatever. I'm not completely lazy, though. I'll rake your yard for a hit. What is your address?

Hey everybody, it looks like Nate Hagemo fianlly found SiouxSports.com, maybe there is hope for him yet.

"ZOD" is a reference to Superman's enemy General Zod.

Zod was dispatched to the Phantom Zone* by the Kryptonian-American from Kansas with the Kryptonite intolerance.

"Bow Before Zod" (or something like that) was a Gopher (Handyman? Is that you?) inside joke/comment amongst Gopher fans on USCHO a while back (reasons/history unknown).

* The "Phantom Zone" is "a featureless state of existence from which inhabitants can observe, but cannot interact" with what is in front of them. Interesting that Gopher fans would revere someone banished to the Phantom Zone given its eerie similarity to Mariucci.

"ZOD" is a reference to Superman's enemy General Zod.

Zod was dispatched to the Phantom Zone* by the Kryptonian-American from Kansas with the Kryptonite intolerance.

"Bow Before Zod" (or something like that) was a Gopher (Handyman? Is that you?) inside joke/comment amongst Gopher fans on USCHO a while back (reasons/history unknown).

* The "Phantom Zone" is "a featureless state of existence from which inhabitants can observe, but cannot interact" with what is in front of them. Interesting that Gopher fans would revere someone banished to the Phantom Zone given its eerie similarity to Mariucci.

The quote is "Kneel before ZOD!", and if memory serves this old coach, it was a play off the discussion of God coming to UND in the form of Zach Parise. I suspect Handy as well.

Oilers sign puck-carrying 'riverboat gambler' to two-year deal

While Hrabal will be here for the main camp, highly rated defence prospect Taylor Chorney likely won't be at the Oilers development camp, which starts Sunday at Millennium Place in Sherwood Park.

Chorney wants to leave the University of North Dakota a year early, but his adviser is playing hardball with the Oilers over a contract.

"He was the 35th player picked (Round 2, 2005) but he wants first-round money," said Prendergast.

Chorney's dad, Marc, played briefly in the NHL for the Pittsburgh Penguins and Los Angeles Kings.

"We've told Taylor to just come to the camp," Prendergast said. "It's not an audition. It's just to help him get better. He's the first player we've had who won't come because he doesn't have a contract."

Makes sense to me. Does the fact that Taylor has an agent mean he's no longer elgible to play college hockey?

"We've told Taylor to just come to the camp," Prendergast said. "It's not an audition. It's just to help him get better. He's the first player we've had who won't come because he doesn't have a contract."

Makes sense to me. Does the fact that Taylor has an agent mean he's no longer elgible to play college hockey?

He has an advisor.

Advisor = OK

Agent = NO-NO

I have no idea how that works. You would think that an advisor would get something out of the deal, if it happens, but maybe someone out there knows the details behind this advisor/agent arrangement differences.

He has an advisor.

Advisor = OK

Agent = NO-NO

I have no idea how that works. You would think that an advisor would get something out of the deal, if it happens, but maybe someone out there knows the details behind this advisor/agent arrangement differences.

Hmmm, the article reads as if the 'advisor' is negotiating his contract.

Hmmm, the article reads as if the 'advisor' is negotiating his contract.

The respective player's "family adivsor" (when a NCAA student athlete has eligibility remaining) can negotiate the contract under the terms as an advisor to the athlete. The NHL team may not contact the athlete or the family of the athlete and must go through the athletes "family advisor" throughout the negotiations process.

The respective player's "family adivsor" (when a NCAA student athlete has eligibility remaining) can negotiate the contract under the terms as an advisor to the athlete. The NHL team may not contact the athlete or the family of the athlete and must go through the athletes "family advisor" throughout the negotiations process.

So, the difference between an agent and an advisor is in order to maintain college eligibility, a athlete is courted through an advisor. There is still negotiating, recruiting going on but not with everyone sitting at the same table.

OK, I think I got it.

Taylor signed a contract today. :D Good Luck

Where did you find this out?

All I'm seeing is that he decided to attend the Oilers prospect camp. While it wouldn't surprise me if he signed a contract, I don't see the confirmation. There was an interesting article in the Edmonton Journal about Chorney and comparing it the the Wheeler situation and it comments how badly contract talks are going. Interesting stuff...

From today's Edmonton Journal:

http://communities.canada.com/edmontonjour...rs-fingers.aspx

UPDATE: Flaming is reporting that Chorney didn't give the Oilers a letter of 30 days notice. " He'll either sign or he'll go back to UND and EDM will still own his rights."

Flaming's co-host Dean Millards adds, "The negotiations between the Oilers and Chorney's advisor (he can't have an agent yet as it would ruin his college eligibility) are not going well. So bad in fact, there's a good chance the D-man might be returning to UND for his senior season.

Where did you find this out?

All I'm seeing is that he decided to attend the Oilers prospect camp. While it wouldn't surprise me if he signed a contract, I don't see the confirmation. There was an interesting article in the Edmonton Journal about Chorney and comparing it the the Wheeler situation and it comments how badly contract talks are going. Interesting stuff...

I know a guy... :D