SiouxSports.com Forum

Taylor Chorney

fargosioux

I think that is funny Gopher fans can debate Sioux fans on Siouxsports.com and say negative things about our program but Sioux fans can't debate or say anything negative about the Gophers on GPL because the thread get nuked, your post will be deleted and any other violation get you banned from the site permanently.

That has been my experience over there as well. The best one was when I dared challenge the almighty Hammy, only to have my posts deleted, but his remained. Made for an interesting read, put it that way.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That has been my experience over there as well. The best one was when I dared challenge the almighty Hammy, only to have my posts deleted, but his remained. Made for an interesting read, put it that way.

And, the same person that nukes users, deletes post, etc over there comes over here with bs like

Hmm, really? Facts never stood in the way of a good argument over here...

And, the same person that nukes users, deletes post, etc over there comes over here with bs like

Just an FYI that I'm not a moderator on GPL and have no authority / ability to delete posts and/or users. Again, facts don't mean much around here.

Just an FYI that I'm not a moderator on GPL and have no authority / ability to delete posts and/or users. Again, facts don't mean much around here.

Your name is on the post(s)/articles on the front of the GPL message board. So that might be how some of us came to that conclusion you had powers on GPL. Silly us! :) That being said whoever is the moderator on GPL wouldn't allow a lot of the post that Gopher fan are posting on this board. So in essence I think Sprig has a good point about the GPL message board.

Yep challenging Hammy will get you a permanent vacation on GPL. Personally, I don't mind him.

Yep challenging Hammy will get you a permanent vacation on GPL. Personally, I don't mind him.

I was actually reinstated immediately after a flurry of PM's back and forth...not that I really cared, but based on the "principle of the thing". Also, Cardinal had nothing to do with it, he does not moderate over there. Any grievances should be steered toward Jupiter, Greyeagle, or Bert(ibm).

I chose to quit visiting and posting on GPL due to lack of interest, and would highly recommend that anyone with a differing opinion than the Goofer collective* do likewise. That's the last I have to say on it, or jimdahl will be pi$$ed off (and rightfully so).

*copyright Taz

Again, facts don't mean much around here.

That being the case, why bother coming to SS.com? I don't waste my time on GPL. Never been there and don't plan on ever going there. I don't understand Goofy fans coming onto this forum and complaining about Fighting Sioux fan posts. You don't like them, you don't believe them, yet, here you are. :)

you find me a quote of red berenson saying he felt a player was ready to leave early...berenson is one of the biggest advocates of 4 year players. also, the "driving them to the airport" quote is meant as more of a challenge, IMO, because most kids leave for farm teams, not the NHL.

you find me a quote of red berenson saying he felt a player was ready to leave early...berenson is one of the biggest advocates of 4 year players. also, the "driving them to the airport" quote is meant as more of a challenge, IMO, because most kids leave for farm teams, not the NHL.

Johnson follows Red's lead

Not a direct quote (though I'm sure I could find one if I wanted) but that article I linked to above pretty much sums it up.

"The biggest thing to me was that Red supported it," Jack Johnson, Sr. said Sunday. "He told him, you're doing the right thing."

EDIT: Here's another article that has lots of quotes from Red.

You're beating that Jack Johnson link to death as proof of your argument. Red has repeatedly whined about players leaving early. Here's one of his more toned down quotes when he was happy about being headed to the FF this spring.

...considering that more than half of the players that sign early end up playing in the minors and would be better served finishing their college careers and getting their degrees.

You're beating that Jack Johnson link to death as proof of your argument. Red has repeatedly whined about players leaving early. Here's one of his more toned down quotes when he was happy about being headed to the FF this spring.

I think Sprig and Sioux are right Red isn't crazy about them leaving unless they are ready for the next level (NHL) and is a big advocate of them getting their education.

I think Sprig and Sioux are right Red isn't crazy about them leaving unless they are ready for the next level (NHL) and is a big advocate of them getting their education.

I agree with that, but don't you think Hakstol -- and most other coaches at big-time programs -- feel the same way?

I agree with that, but don't you think Hakstol -- and most other coaches at big-time programs -- feel the same way?

I guess it is possible I haven't talked to any of them; but probably?

I guess it is possible I haven't talked to any of them; but probably?

I can handle Cardinal's argument, but the substance, that facts never get in the way over here, is more than a little much for me; take a look at your own home site, there, skippie :)

I predicted Joe, Andrew, Taylor and Ryan would stay shortly after the F4. I was wrong. Taylor didn't stay. :silly:

3 out of 4 aint bad in my opinion. ;) Actually if this is all of the players were are going to lose I will take it.

Losing Oshie and Taylor will hurt it could have been worse...

I think that is funny Gopher fans can debate Sioux fans on Siouxsports.com and say negative things about our program but Sioux fans can't debate or say anything negative about the Gophers on GPL because the thread get nuked, your post will be deleted and any other violation get you banned from the site permanently.

DHG rips on the Gophers regularly (although he doesn't post as often) and is still allowed to post. Melvin doesn't hold punches, brian and dagies have posted well-stated criticisms without being given the boot and there are will continue to be others that are still allowed to post. That's not to say that some fans there never overreact (just like here) to the criticisms, but that's different than a ban from the mods. Not only that, but I and others have come to the defense of a few of you at GPL (dagies and brian come to mind) when I felt fans overreacted by telling them to leave.

What Cardinal said here would not have been worthy of a ban at GPL for any of you. The mods may have suggested to 'move forward' but they wouldn't have canned anyone. The fact is don't act like a dip and you won't get the boot.

Hammy has been regularly challenged without the poster getting nuked. And asfaik you're not a Gophers butt-kisser but you still have access to post do you not? :silly:

That being the case, why bother coming to SS.com?

Because life exists outside one's cocoon? ;) Let's face it every fan base thinks they rule and their rivals suck, but could it be we are far more alike than different?