• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh & I'd like my seat treated with something like this

* Conditions new leather to maintain suppleness & durability

* Penetrates fibers to preserve strength, beauty and resiliency of old leather

:lol:

I would like to have the PA announcer SHUT THE HECK UP when the puck is in play! I hate it when he is talking while the game is on.

Absolutely. It also irritates me when the crowds starting to get wound up and they play a song with their 150,000 watts.

Suggestions for the Ralph:

Where to start?

1. Less talking. I realize they're trying to make money, but geez, shutup already. Just when the crowd is responding to good play or getting excited about something going on in the hockey GAME, we have blah, blah, blah instead.

2. The worst has got to be the makeover ad/promotion. Please, make it go away.

3. More band, less "canned" music. This is college, not the NHL.

4. Make programs available at each entrance.

5. A new laser show.

6. Why can't they do the laser show Fri. and Sat.? There are still "newbies" at the Ralph every Friday. It would be nice if they could see it.

7. More/different food options.

8. Definitely, have the crowd sing the national anthem. It would be a wonderful tradition to have 10,000 plus belting it out.

9. It would be nice if there were songs/chants/cheers that everyone could know and participate in. Probably led by the band, similar to Wisconsin, Michigan Tech, etc.

10. I'll keep thinking...

Suggestions for the Ralph:

Where to start?

1. Less talking. I realize they're trying to make money, but geez, shutup already. Just when the crowd is responding to good play or getting excited about something going on in the hockey GAME, we have blah, blah, blah instead.

2. The worst has got to be the makeover ad/promotion. Please, make it go away.

3. More band, less "canned" music. This is college, not the NHL.

4. Make programs available at each entrance.

5. A new laser show.

6. Why can't they do the laser show Fri. and Sat.? There are still "newbies" at the Ralph every Friday. It would be nice if they could see it.

7. More/different food options.

8. Definitely, have the crowd sing the national anthem. It would be a wonderful tradition to have 10,000 plus belting it out.

9. It would be nice if there were songs/chants/cheers that everyone could know and participate in. Probably led by the band, similar to Wisconsin, Michigan Tech, etc.

All very good ideas!! I like 1,2,3,8 the most!!!

Would like to see the out of town scores on the facia ring.

Is it me or does everyone else also hate Clovedale meats and Old Dutch?? :sad:

I avoid their products for some crazy reason. :lol:

Sioux goalie against Sioux goalie!! Couldn't get any better than that for the NHL!

UND Players between the two teams

Doug Smail (don't know if he played in the series)

Perry Berazan (don't know if he played in the series)

Jon Casey

Troy Murray

Ed Belfour

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I find it offensive for people to clap, cheer or shout during the National Anthem.

In my opinion, it's completely inappropriate to do anything other than stand, remove your hats, face the flag and sing along if you so wish. Nothing irks me more in The Ralph, or any sporting event for that matter, where I have to listen to people who can't keep themselves from talking during the National Anthem. It's rude.

I will say that I often get chills in The Ralph when I can faintly hear the crowd singing along. To have that volume increased would be nothing but inspiring. To take it any further than that is nothing but disrespectful.

The National Anthem is not the appropriate time to pump up your team or intimidate the opponent. It's a time to honor this great Nation, its history and its veterans.

I think the last time the National Anthem was sung by the fans was back in the old Englestad Arena. The microphone didn't work and the crowd spontaneously joined in.

Anyone remember that?

It happened at the new Ralph too. Corrine Corbett from Devils Lake was scheduled to sing from ice level, her mic failed and the crowd joined in.

It happened at the new Ralph too. Corrine Corbett from Devils Lake was scheduled to sing from ice level, her mic failed and the crowd joined in.

I believe it happened at the game immediately following Ralph's death. They had complimentary copies of "Fight on Sioux" on each seat.

I know I am going to have the younger members freak out about this, but...I honestly don't see how having all of the students standing makes a better atmosphere. I do, however think that if the student section could have a bunch of coordinated cheers (that they scream while standing) that would make a difference in having a "home ice advantage" at the Ralph. It seems like the last couple seasons there haven't been hardly any group cheers. Even "you sit" and "goal...sieve" seem to have only occasional appearances. I would love to see more group chants from the students, which would in turn make the season ticket holders cheer more, too.

That is definitely something that I would like to see. :lol:

A couple, maybe three years ago, I had a couple thousand copies of the school songs made and had them distributed in the student section. They ended up on the floor and no one sang any of them. So much for, 'only the students get involved.' :lol:

As I posted elsewhere, I always sing the National Anthem as do the two season ticket holders to my left. Before my son moved to AK, he would ask if I was ok if he didn't hear me sing. Everyone that wants to can sing along with the featured singer. But, I guess, if people were 'invited to sing along' they would be more apt to.

I would like to have the PA announcer SHUT THE HECK UP when the puck is in play! I hate it when he is talking while the game is on. Scott Hennen didn't EVER talk when the puck was in play - not even to announce the goals, penalties, etc...

Not a big fan of Hennen doing the PA anymore. He didn't do a bad job at the F5, but to say the least, I'm glad I don't have to listen to him very often (I do like his radio show though). I don't expect other PAs to pronounce all Sioux players names correctly, but Hennen should know that Chay pronounces his name Genoway, not Jenoway.

1. A rink wide flat screen should roll down to center ice during the pregame so that the opposing team can see the pregame video.

2. I know that it's already been mentioned, but it's worth mentioning again, more Leine's (or whatever, just something besides Miller Lite) beer stands throughout the Ralph. Nobody should have to walk more than two sections to get a beer. Even better, let's get some coeds selling beer in the stands.

3. The bigger DI football programs do this: The student section has mandatory cheering practices before the games. Obviously this would only happen when big time opponents are scheduled.

4. See number 2.

Some problems with the atmosphere are fixable, some are not.

Suggestions - As stated by others- the blather comming over the PA system especially the paid advertisments definately do nothing but damper the mood of the crowd. Every time the crowd is really into it we hear an ad or canned music. Someone at the Englestad needs to brighten up.

We need a coordinated effort to get group cheers going - it could start at the Student section. Many in my section would join in if it was organized right.

I like the band, but learn another song besides In Heaven There Is No Beer

Cut the students some slack.

Cater more to true fans and less to big bucks and corperate interests. The seeds of this atmosphere were planted when many great fans were priced out of good tickets. With the crowds and the consessions, the Englestad has to be hauling in the money.

Maybe I'm old-fashioned, but I find it offensive for people to clap, cheer or shout during the National Anthem.

In my opinion, it's completely inappropriate to do anything other than stand, remove your hats, face the flag and sing along if you so wish. Nothing irks me more in The Ralph, or any sporting event for that matter, where I have to listen to people who can't keep themselves from talking during the National Anthem. It's rude.

I will say that I often get chills in The Ralph when I can faintly hear the crowd singing along. To have that volume increased would be nothing but inspiring. To take it any further than that is nothing but disrespectful.

The National Anthem is not the appropriate time to pump up your team or intimidate the opponent. It's a time to honor this great Nation, its history and its veterans.

I completely agree....I attended games in Chicago and I thought it was the most bizarre thing ever when the crowd cheered and clapped during the Anthem. I think its stupid and disrespectful.

I do like the idea of the whole arena singing though...that is one of the coolest things about Canada...they'll sing the Anthem at the start of any game.

And I dont like the idea of playing O Canada at our home games unless we're playing a CanadiEn team. That just doesnt make sense to me.

I have also learned that standing the whole time is completely unecessary for good atmosphere. I used to think let the students stand if they want. I've been to tons of Canadian games in the last 6 months from all levels of skill and nobody stands the whole time. We stand at the beginning, after scoring, during a fight, maybe during an intense moment but for the most part, the atmosphere is ROCKIN without everybody standing. If anybody has been paying attention to the Montreal or Calgary playoff games recently, those fans dont stand the whole time and its crazy in there! I wish the Ralph would allow noisemakers for the fans....every game I've been to has a cowbell from a few different fans, or a huge long horn, or whatever but not limited to those stupid thundersticks. Makes it really fun and gets the crowd into it.

Mentioned once before but I'd like them to replace the black nets behind the goals with white nets. I've been to a number of rinks where the nets are white and it is so much easier to pick up the puck through the net rather than through the black netting.

Sell Budweiser or something besides Miller at the average stand.

Sell wine on the concourse. Just about every place I've been including the Fargodome sells wine along with beer in the concourse. I'm guessing this is because the liqour license is usually the same for wine/beer. I just know some people that can't drink or like beer so wine is a good option.

Stop making the average fan that goes to one of the end bars feel like they are inferior. Gees they watch you like a hawk like you're going to sneak into the other "restricted" area. I mean come on. I promise I'll just go back to my seat once you give me a drink.

I like coordianted cheers but please don't let us turn into the stepford fans from Wisconsin. They don't know much about hockey but man when their band starts playing do they know how to cheer. Let's do some coordianted cheers that all fans not just students can learn and do.

Make it ok for me to stand and cheer the last few mintues of a game when I'm tryign to fire my team up. Rather than having people yell at me to "SIT DOWN", let them stand up too and encourage the boys.

OH and did I already say I'd like WHITE nets!

That was really cool, I wished we did it more, it would probably fire up the crowd more...